Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Don?t know how to deal with people

The computer software we use has been down 2 days. The IT department only work on weekdays, although they have more than 1 IT person.

When the system goes down, we use something similar to Wordpad to just record patron's card numbers, if they have them, and the barcodes of the books. Since it's such a pain in the [BEEP] to then re-enter the data when the system comes back up, we place a limit on the amount of books people can check out. We also have no idea if their account is blocked or not...?.etc...? but we still let them have 3 books instead of the 25 max they are use to getting.

I had some dumbass dude try to take a book without having his card. I explained to him why he could not check out the book unless he had his card. He then told me to accept his Driver's license, which again I explained I could not do. He then demanded I give him ANOTHER library card, so he could have 2 cards, which I explained is impossible, and even if it were possible, the system is down and it would not make any difference.
    He then got pissed off and demanded to speak to a supervisor, and I told him " you can speak to another person, but the computers are still down" He got pissed off and went to the other desk, and my co-worker spent 30 mins saying the same thing.

I hate people. I have social anxiety and have no idea how to deal with them.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Some people are just dumb. It can be like talking to a brick wall. No matter how you break it down for them, they will still think they are right and you are wrong. There is no winning with people like this. Nothing you can say that will please them. Even a good slap around the back of the head with a baseball bat and they will still argue a point with you. Best of just calling another worker over and asking the person to go talk with another worker. No getting anywhere with them at all. Not even worth trying. The world around them is always wrong and they are the only ones who are right. In their own little minds. Just try and not let them annoy you. You done good in what you done. They were just lacking a few brain cells.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.