So I'm not sure if this should be under Medication or here.

I'm notorious for not taking my meds on a regular basis, but I have been for a few months now and I've noticed a strange side effect. I always see these commercials for antidepressants talking about how thoughts of suicide are a side effect of some of the medications. And that's not what I'm talking about. (Even if it was what I was talking about I couldn't mention it here, cos suicide isn't allowed as a topic here, so...it's not what I'm talking about. no really, it's not).

But I do have overwhelming, incredibly overwhelming feelings of hopelessness sometimes. I haven't noticed this topic posted before, so sorry if it has been. It happens a few times a day, and it's really hard to describe. It's just an overwhelming feeling of wanting to give up. On everything. If it sounds crazy that's because it is....crazy. And I'm pretty sure it's because of my meds.

Fwiw here's what I take, all are daily doses:

Lithium 600mg (mood stabilizer)
Quetiapine (Seroquel) 200mg (mood stabilizer)
Setraline (Zoloft) 100mg (depression)
Baclofen 60mg (GABA and panic disorder)
Gabapentin 1,800mg (anti-anxiety, mood stabilizer)
Propranolol 60mg (beta blocker, anti-anxiety)
Trazadone 100mg (sleep aid)
Prazosin 1mg (PTSD, nightmares)

I take allergy meds as needed, and rarely to calm me down when the above meds don't seem to work.

I don't expect a response, is OK. I just have heard this happens with some patients, and I know I can't be the only one.

This really sucks because I can't stop taking my meds. And....

I really can't describe how hopeless I feel sometimes, and how strong the feeling is. Meh. Anyway.