Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Brett Kavanaugh (The Man Liberals Want To Crucify)

I personally am doing a happy dance right now

This is by no means a slam dunk for pro-lifers. But it is a huge step in the right direction. Baby steps. (pun intended).

I am all for abortion in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother or baby's life is at risk.

But having said that. Anything. Any steps that can be taken to make an abortion more difficult to obtain....anything that can get us one step closer to outlawing killing unborn babies is always going to get my vote. Ffs. Think about that for a second. Think about the issues you vote for / against when you go to the polls.

Think about the issues that matter to you most.

Then think about killing babies. Think about killing babies as a form of birth control. Think about partial birth abortions, where it's been documented where babies have been born screaming, during live birth abortions. It's not my opinion. It's fact. Look it up.

I'm afraid to get my hopes up but a more conservative court means it's harder to get abortions means we're one step closer to making killing babies illegal.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Abortion was just voted in over here. I am against abortion on demand. As in stood, you could have an abortion if the life of the mother was at risk. Rape and those sorts of things. That was all good. In my eyes anyway. But women wanted more. Irish people simply went to the UK to have an abortion. It was considered illegal by law. Not that anybody was ever arrested. One of those laws that was ignored by the law makers. It was accepted that Irish women who wanted an abortion would go to the UK. Nothing could be really done to stop them.

Now it has all changed. We await the final wording on how they write it up. By law it has to be written up for all to see. One main issue? Lot of doctors are against abortion. Can you force them to carry one out? Simple answer is no. They have to try and work around that one. These doctors have said they will play no part in an abortion at all. Go to any of them and they won't even give you the name of a doctor who will help with the abortion. They still see that as playing a part in the abortion, if they did refer you to another doctor. Should get interesting. Is split with the doctors. We have no idea what hospitals will be used either. Or will they open a new place. They are expecting protests when the first woman in Ireland has an abortion in Ireland.

The new laws should be written up by October. But people are waiting to challenge them in court. Which is their right. That will cause more delays.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow that is just....mindblowing. Doctors will say they have no part in performing abortions? Yet they will perform them? Am I right about that?

I'm with you as far as cases of rape and incest and cases like that...I have no problem with allowing abortion in those cases.

Here is where the left loses me, completely wrt abortion rights. There have been documented cases, live video documentaries of live birth abortions. There is a lawsuit here in the US where a doctor was sued after a live birth abortion. And he lost.

If you do some research, what you will find is that during an abortion a baby is actually partially delivered. You can't perform an abortion without partially delivering the baby.

That is just sick. I would consider any woman that did that a baby killer. Seriously. You have got to be psychotic to do that.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    No. Doctors will have no role to play in the abortions at all. It is split. Some don't mind. Others do. The ones against abortion will have nothing to do with the abortions at all. So if you visit your local GP and say you want an abortion and that GP is against it, he will tell you he is against it. He will not tell you were you can go to have the abortion. He will play no part in it at all. There are thousands of doctors like that in the country. Against abortions.

In my own opinion, the law on abortions was good as it was. Now it will all change. Similar to what they have in the UK. Another worry is people getting tested when pregnant to tell if the baby will be born disabled. I think that is wrong. Denmark has the lowest rate of babies with Downs Syndrome born. Why? The women get tested when pregnant and abort the baby if it is a Down's baby. That is just sad and so wrong in my own opinion. I hope Ireland does not go down that road. It will be a sad day for the Country if it does.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah that has loooong, long been debated here in the states.....genetic testing for diseases. And even genetic testing for gender.

I will not ever, ever think that it's OK to kill babies. Just for the sake of.....ooooppsss.....I forgot to use a rubber, or oooooopppsss sorry sweetie I forgot to take my pill....now I have to kill our baby. Wow I wouldn't want to have to answer for that.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Trying to hold myself back from mentioning Hitler. He wanted the perfect race of people. Is this not what a lot of people are doing? If the baby is not going to be exactly as they want, they are aborting it. Has to be perfect. We know Hitler was pure evil. I am not saying everybody who ever had an abortion is just pure evil. I will not go that far as to compare them in that sense with Hitler. But wanting the perfect person or getting rid of the person before the birth. Much of the same thing really.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There is a woman in Fort Worth, Texas that has had 18 (eighteen) abortions.

Oh don't botha about a condom, or a pill sweety. Don't worry about it. I'll just kill our baby. Carry on.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There should be a register. If they notice any serial abortionists they should stop them in their tracks. In other words ' you are only allowed so many '. Reach that number and no more.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Figures that it’s a bunch of MEN trying to tell me what I can and cannot do with MY body.

I have had several abortions and have no regrets. I don’t believe it is aware and it’s a part of the woman’s body until it is born. The woman should have the right to decide.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The man should be allowed have a say in everything. Not just the woman. Pisses me off if a woman has an abortion without talking it out with the father of the child. All we hear are women's rights this and women's rights that. Men have rights too. Men deserve a say too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Cloudmaker, your post has me feeling very upset. I believe life starts at conception and abortion is a very serious subject not to be taken lightly. You?ve had several abortions.
    Several? Is it your form of birth control? And yes, it?s great that men are engaged in the convo. It?s their baby that is growing in a Mother?s body. I agree with Ig and Cuchculan on all counts.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Perfect song for this thread.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    In some states, they've already made abortions very difficult to obtain. How much more difficult do you want it to be? I support abortion rights and men shouldn't have any say what women do with their own body. I also support universal health care which includes provision of birth control and prenatal care. I also support increasing funding to support children and single parents in poverty. And sex education in schools. And increasing the minimum wage --->All of that could lessen the amount of abortions performed.
    How much more difficult do I want it to be? I want it to be illegal. I think it should be illegal to murder babies.

You and I will probably never, ever agree on this so it's a pointless debate.

I just wonder how any woman can justify killing her own unborn baby, as a form of birth control. Wow. If you allow abortions for cases of incest and rape and health reasons, then what do you have left? Oh I forgot to take my pill. Or. Oh I didn't feel like wearing a condom. It's used as a form of birth control. Personally, I think anyone who kills their unborn child as a form of birth control is psychotic, there is something very, veeeerrrry wrong with them.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If you're against abortion in any case and you live in the US, move to Iowa. Strictest laws regarding it of any US state, although how that stops anyone from traveling a few hundred miles to obtain a safe one is beyond me. It's kind of like when people say gun laws don't prevent gun violence because Chicago, Illinois has really strict gun laws, yet a lot of gun violence. Nothing stops people from bringing them in from elsewhere.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I never said I was "against abortion in any case". You must have been talking about someone else, in some other debate lol.

Hug the ones you love.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.