Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

globalist measurements

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The metric system? I know they are still trying to get us to use what other countries use. But we were raised on certain things. Like weight. Weight we say Stones, were you people talk in pounds. Ask me my weight in pounds and I would not have a clue. Same with speed on the raods. We have changed that one and it still confuses us. We were always MPH and now it is KMH. One thing to teach a younger generation new things. Older people were raised and schooled using a different system. I do think they want the whole world using the one system. That could be said for a lot of other things too. If the whole world used the one system for everthing we would be like bloody robots. I like the way different countries have different things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    The metric system? I know they are still trying to get us to use what other countries use. But we were raised on certain things. Like weight. Weight we say Stones, were you people talk in pounds. Ask me my weight in pounds and I would not have a clue. Same with speed on the raods. We have changed that one and it still confuses us. We were always MPH and now it is KMH. One thing to teach a younger generation new things. Older people were raised and schooled using a different system. I do think they want the whole world using the one system. That could be said for a lot of other things too. If the whole world used the one system for everthing we would be like bloody robots. I like the way different countries have different things.
    thank you FINALLY someone that gets it

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Look at the EU. They want all countries within the EU to use the Euro. Then free travel between all member states. They are trying to make all these countries into one big country. They have a rule with languages. Has to be spoken by at least 25% of the population. Close on that anyway. Not all Irish people speak the Irish language. More don't than those who do. We made them accept our language. Then our idiot politicians go and speak English at EU meetings. They tried the make French the used language of choice. Is easy enough to learn. But English was even easier to learn for other countries. Trade within the EU means zero taxes. Which makes you want to trade with other EU countries. They have made it like a closed shop. Hence once the UK wanted out they were always going to be made pay for their choice. Now, for example, if I was to buy anything from the UK, I would have to pay all the excise duty and taxes on what I buy. Making it not worth buying from the UK any more. You have a lot of companies who wish to trade with the EU countries. They base themselves in EU countries. Might be American companies. They are all leaving the UK now. Lots are jumping into Ireland. End of January the UK is the same as Japan or China. Once it is not in the EU trade is dearer. They have done this to most of Europe. Imagine that on a global scale.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.