Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Anxiety worse in winter

Does anybody else here have anxiety that?s noticeably worse during the winter months? I?m not a fan of the colder weather so I stay inside a lot more. I wonder if a lack of vitamin D or sunlight has to do with it since I?m not going out as much as I do in spring and summer.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It does - lack of vitamin D affects you more than you think. It can also make you susceptible to illness.

I take vitamin D. My doctor does, too, although he said he takes it in the months with less sun. I took it all year, but I am out in the sun in the summertime all the time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Vitamin D/Sunlight affects everyone a surprising amount. My mother suffers from it noticably. Her depression and anxiety always take a turn for the worse at this time of year.

She has this thing called A SAD light to help with it, which supposedly mimic the light coming from a sun and helps it. Sits in front of it during the day and does her crosswords. I'm debating getting one to be honest. Might help with my own mood problems.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I hate the Winter months. Not that the other months of the year are much better either. I do tell people that the one good thing about the Summer months in Ireland is that the rain is warmer.

We can go months on end with mostly rain and dark skies. I would imagine most of us would be low in Vitamin D. I can even recall a Summer of rain. It has happened a few times. I won't lie and pretend it has no effect on Irish people in general. Talking the whole country here. Ireland has one of the highest rates of male suicides per capita in the EU and possibly the world. Blame it on what you want. The numbers are so high there is sure to be some forms of mental illnesses in effect.

I do have one of those SAD lights myself. I have never used it. I don't suffer from depression. Something I have always had to convince doctors of as far back as I can remember. I said I may feel down. Why? Because my anxiety stops me doing things. If I could do those things I would feel happy. With me it is anxiety. It can get worse in Winter too. It is like I sit and wait for a Summer that might not happen. But if it does happen I am in heaven. I love the sun. Longer daylight hours. Just changes how I feel.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Thing with snow here is we can get it in April or even as late as May. Has been known to happen in the past. I bloody expect sun by that stage. You won't find me moving to Alaska or Iceland any day soon. How can they exist in minus 50 conditions? Plus darkness for 6 months of the year. I know they have daylight for the other 6 months of the year. It would botch up your biological clock.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I've never noticed a difference.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    yeah I feel more insane around this time of the year..

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.