Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Frustrated with friends venting

Recently I?ve discovered most of my friends are beyond frustrating. Such as a ex of mine who i am close friends with now wanted to date me so we agreed we will try again. Literally 12 hours later he admits he only wanted to date me to experience adult feelings and once we were cuddling he wasn?t so he got frustrated and wanted to break up with me. On top of that I feel my friends always feel superior then me. Either I feel they try to control me they claim it?s boundaries but I feel like I?m being controlled being told what I can?t do such as call text etc it?s frustrating like your not superior your not less either am I. Then my other friends don?t even message me until it?s to start drama....overall I just feel like there?s no such things as friends it?s either they are their but then into today?s technology you might as well state they are not. Or they are controlling or just not healthy to be around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Cassie View Post
    Recently I?ve discovered most of my friends are beyond frustrating. Such as a ex of mine who i am close friends with now wanted to date me so we agreed we will try again. Literally 12 hours later he admits he only wanted to date me to experience adult feelings and once we were cuddling he wasn?t so he got frustrated and wanted to break up with me. On top of that I feel my friends always feel superior then me. Either I feel they try to control me they claim it?s boundaries but I feel like I?m being controlled being told what I can?t do such as call text etc it?s frustrating like your not superior your not less either am I. Then my other friends don?t even message me until it?s to start drama....overall I just feel like there?s no such things as friends it?s either they are their but then into today?s technology you might as well state they are not. Or they are controlling or just not healthy to be around.

what boundaries do you friends set for you and why?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Like sometimes I guess I struggle with normal boundaries so I might call at 2am or text at 5am or somtimes I might repeatedly call because of my anxiety and OCD or I somtimes tend to say things in the wrong way and offend people so some friends don?t want me calling now or another friend doesn?t want me to talk one topic for to long because he can?t handle it he also wants me to not jump topics? I?ve been aware with the jumping topics and on topics I love such as hedgehogs or mini pigs I?ll talk for hours about but other topics not so much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Cassie View Post
    Like sometimes I guess I struggle with normal boundaries so I might call at 2am or text at 5am or somtimes I might repeatedly call because of my anxiety and OCD or I somtimes tend to say things in the wrong way and offend people so some friends don?t want me calling now or another friend doesn?t want me to talk one topic for to long because he can?t handle it he also wants me to not jump topics? I?ve been aware with the jumping topics and on topics I love such as hedgehogs or mini pigs I?ll talk for hours about but other topics not so much.

How about setting up a "phone date" at a time when you're friends and you both are free but not when they are asleep? I'd be pretty upset if someone called me late at night too. What do you want to talk about at 2 and 5am?

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote BraveLove View Post
    How about setting up a "phone date" at a time when you're friends and you both are free but not when they are asleep? I'd be pretty upset if someone called me late at night too. What do you want to talk about at 2 and 5am?
    This is acutally some pretty good advice! If you know a time that it's ok for a friend to talk when they aren't busy... this would be pretty helpful!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They are always busy..... unless it?s on there time or agreed upon days prior

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.