Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sertraline recent increase

Been on sertraline for 5 years now. Recently my psych wanted me to increase my dose to 200 mg. I've been on 200 mg almost 3 weeks now but still feel highly anxious most of the time. Also have started on birth control for recent diagnosis of PCOS. Just finished my third month. Is this increase of anxiety from new dose, getting used to bc or both?!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Is your psych aware you're on birth control? If not, you need to discuss this with her. It's not unheard of for hormonal birth control to cause anxiety, but it's also quite possibly not to do with that. Likewise, anxiety can be a side effect of Sertaline. You've not been on the new dose for that long a time, so theres a good chance that as you grow use to the new dose, the anxiety will begin to subside. Best thing to do here is to discuss this with your psych the next time you see them (and your consultant who treats the PCOS), and they will be able to advise whether or not this is likely to be a side effect of the medication, and what to do from there.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    @Drielly84 Do you have any updates? We are hoping you're OK!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.