Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sensory Processing Disorder

I have Sensory Processing Disorder, this is why I have severe anxiety. I have panic attacks when it is too loud, too colorful (like in aisles in the store), etc. Or when it is silent (like at night), or when I am alone. I am wondering if I am the only one with this mental problem. I was diagnosed at about the age of 1 or 2 and my father didn't tell me until I was 18 years old. It all makes sense now why SSRI drugs cause dissassotiation/ derealization/ disconnection from my senses/ zombie feeling so bad in me. I am just so annoyed because the only treatment so far that I have read for Sensory Processing Disorder is Occupational Theraphy. I have heard from many that they only treat kids. My Sensory Processing Disorder has gotten worse after watching a person die. I can't stand restraunts/ public places because it is so overwhelming. The only meds that help me out a lot are benzodiazaphibes, but no one wants to prescribe them and they wonder why I am even more mentally crazy/ agitated/ anxious. It's because they make me feel disconnected which causes more panic from my sensory processing disorder, it is an annoying cycle. It's like mental health people can't get it through their thick skull that my Sensory Processing Disorder causes my panic attacks/ hypochondriac. Anyways. I feel like the only one. No one in my family has it except me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I used to be that way. For me, for example, if there was noise and suddenly everybody shut up. That would make me panic. The big change from loud to silence. It could work the other way too. No noise. Then a room gets loud. So with me, if the room stays as it is, I have no issues at all. The second it changes is when I hate it. I can be the same with bright lights. I hate them. Would rather sit in the dark. Derealization used to kick in big time. Thing there was I got used to that. After a while there was no fear with derealization. It just stopped and vanished from my life for good. There is no real treatment for it. Just another symptom of anxiety. Any roads. Give me a quiet room and a good book and I am happy.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.