Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Living with a alcoholic parent

I?m struggling to come to terms with reality the fact that they say alcoholism is a disease my step dad has not drank in about 10 years I truly thought that meant it was over he would never drink again after 10 years of stating he hates alcohol and refuses to let it in the house

I?m Ashamed that I found out that is incorrect he?s started to return to his drinking I?m ashamed of the way I found out my mother left her purse in my room and of course I chose to look for quarters
    (I?ve always obsessed over quarters)

which then lead to my curiosity of looking at her notifications I saw my sister had sent a message about her class so I went on messenger and started going through my grandmas and my mothers messages apparently July 17th my step dad and my mother were on vacation my step dad was drinking and embarrassing my mother whom she reached out to his mother my mom told her she dumped the alcohol out and his mother replied he best not drive and let him know we can?t help him and if we go through this again he?s not welcome anymore my grandpa is majorly sick I saw the trigger to my step dads drinking his cancer he?s gone through so much it?s lead to him drinking my step dad needs help he?s made comments about ending his life previously now wanting to drink ages 6 to 10 that I remember were the worst maybe longer I can?t fully recall I just remember the things he need the things that were said he did the banging on our bedroom windows at bedtime because mom kicked him out

I?m so upset recently I was struggling with depression and although not drunk I had like 6 drinks due to that I feel I was becoming the person I saw growing up hurt so many people someone I did not want to become

I understand he?s got a lot going on it?s just it?s hard to know he drank again after 10 years of being proud of himself leaving that behind him and becoming a better person it?s hard to think he could put himself my mother me my sister everybody though that again I don?t know what to do I?m worried my anxiety is high I?m sad confused

And truthfully I shouldn?t know this so I feel forced to keep this to myself and cope the best I can thankful for therapy services I?m now getting it?s just I?m scared to talk to my friend who would understand more then I feel my therapist would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My family history has lots of drunks and addicts in it. I hate them all they are so selfish and don’t care about the impact their actions have on others. Made my life so much my more difficult having to put up with that shit. Luckily I don’t talk to my family anymore and now it’s fine because I don’t have to deal with it. So I recommend you cut off all contact with your family:
    I don?t like being around or interacting with other people, this is my personality. I am a jerk - I don?t mean to be, but whenever I speak up I say something rude. It?s just the way that I am. Don?t bother me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.