View Poll Results: Do you like smoothies?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

0 0%
  • Yes, but I seldom have them

1 25.00%
  • Yes, and I often have them

1 25.00%
  • Yes, and I have them daily

2 50.00%

Thread: Smoothies

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Smoothies

Any smoothie fans here?

This year I made what has turned out to be one of the best investments of my life: I dished out money to get myself a high-powered blender so I could start making silky smooth green / health smoothies. It ended up paying off big time as I can say I feel healthier than I've basically ever felt as my nutrition has improved enormously. I don't live off of smoothies or anything, but I have at least one smoothie a day as a meal replacement which easily helps me get in anywhere from 5-7 fruit and vegetable servings with no effort, and make sure to add all sorts of healthy additions to my smoothies such as flaxseed, hemp hearts, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, ginger, etc.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I drink a smoothie at least once per day. Sometimes as a snack and sometimes as a meal replacement. This is a recipe I like.

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup Grape Nuts cereal
    1/2 cup vanilla coconut cream
    1/2 cup ice
    1 frozen banana
    2 cups juice (orange, apple or whatever you like).
    Beating anxiety this year

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    no offense but I think this smoothie craze is to get people to eat less meat

TPTB know you’re easier to manipulate if you have just starch and no protein

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I love smoothies, I've been thinking about buying a blender so I can make them at home. I'm trying to stay away from caffeine, I think smoothies would help with that a lot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Kimbra View Post
    I drink a smoothie at least once per day. Sometimes as a snack and sometimes as a meal replacement. This is a recipe I like.

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup Grape Nuts cereal
    1/2 cup vanilla coconut cream
    1/2 cup ice
    1 frozen banana
    2 cups juice (orange, apple or whatever you like).
    Thanks for the recipe. That sounds great.

I can't think of any recipes right now, but a tip I can share with people who make green smoothies is to keep honey around in case your smoothie ends up not being quite sweet enough. I rarely find I need to add honey to my smoothies, but I definitely will if my smoothie ends up lacking any sweetness.

Quote CloudMaker View Post
    no offense but I think this smoothie craze is to get people to eat less meat

TPTB know you?re easier to manipulate if you have just starch and no protein
    I realize smoothies are considered somewhat of a trend these days, but I don't much care about trends and am not trying to eat less meat. Mostly I'm interested in the health benefits that come with drinking (healthy) smoothies. If I wasn't making smoothies, it would take a lot more effort to get in good amounts of vegetables and fruit in a day. It's awesome to me how, within a couple minutes, I can effortlessly get in many servings of fruit and vegetables.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I like smoothies but I don’t really know how to make them and I don’t want to own fruit because I’m afraid it will attract bugs and I don’t want to eat fruit touched by bugs.
    I don?t like being around or interacting with other people, this is my personality. I am a jerk - I don?t mean to be, but whenever I speak up I say something rude. It?s just the way that I am. Don?t bother me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.