Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Feeling on edge throughout the day?

Does anyone else get this with they're anxiety or panic attacks? Like feeling on the edge for hours or like you can't really calm down? What helps you when you feel like that? My anxiety seems to flare up some in the winter, I'm guessing it's the lack of sun and maybe lack of exercise.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I get like this a lot actually. What seems to help me is to make sure I drink enough fluids, warm bath, breathing exercises, and if those don't remedy it, to take my anxiety medicine. Today has been one of those days. I haven't been able to get out of bed and very tearful from anxiety. A lot of people get anxious/ depressed in the winter. Have they checked your Vim D levels? Low Vim D can cause anxiety to increase.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I think we get on edge as if expecting something bad to happen. Something bad might have happened before when you felt the same way. So this time it is like you have your guard up, ready, but still expecting something bad to happen. I simply like to find things to do. So I have no time to think. The worst thing you can do is just sit there. Even if it is something small, do something. Take you mind off of things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I feel this way when my phone rings. Like it’s always someone calling to tell me something bad

So I just don’t answer the phone

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is a great thread and great question!
    I do feel on edge (that’s exactly what I feel like) on my day’s off from work. I won’t allow myself to sleep in, have to be up at 6 and getting dressed and busy.
    I think I have a deep seeded fear of falling back into a dark depression. I’ll do whatever it takes to never fall into that abyss ever again.
    Now it has a name.
    Anxiety.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I feel the same way

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes I always feel on edge and even more so after a panic attack .. I deal with Generalized Anxiety Disorder so mine is constant just different levels throughout the day..
    I use coping skills best I can like distracting myself - movies, music and keep my mind busy , my hands busy.

Hugsssssssssssss

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    GAD here also.Exercise and just staying busy helps.

A sense of humor has helped me immensely. Gotta stay smiling.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    When I feel that way I know that I've my mental health spiral way down. I manage it with exercise and meditation. Yoga in the morning (which has some elements of mindfulness and meditation) and a meditation in the afternoon. It really helps me to stop the jitters.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That’s all day for me while I’m not home. I have no ways of dealing with it.
    I don?t like being around or interacting with other people, this is my personality. I am a jerk - I don?t mean to be, but whenever I speak up I say something rude. It?s just the way that I am. Don?t bother me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.