Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    All about what Iran does next. Trump says it was not an act of war. You fire missiles into another Country it is not exactly ' not an act of war '. I think using this thing about the past and the 52 American hostages was more just to win over people at home. People who would remember back that far. Not really caught much of the news and heard what the UN is saying about it. We all know Trump well enough. He just does random shit. Goes against the UN. Only problem I see if something does come out of all of this is that American troops are already stretched around a few countries in the same region. If they don't have the backing of other countries, can they be in 3 countries at the same time? As in have enough troops to do what needs to be done. Trump is not very good with tactics. But neither was Hitler. Just waiting to see what happens next.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    All about what Iran does next. Trump says it was not an act of war. You fire missiles into another Country it is not exactly ' not an act of war '. I think using this thing about the past and the 52 American hostages was more just to win over people at home. People who would remember back that far. Not really caught much of the news and heard what the UN is saying about it. We all know Trump well enough. He just does random shit. Goes against the UN. Only problem I see if something does come out of all of this is that American troops are already stretched around a few countries in the same region. If they don't have the backing of other countries, can they be in 3 countries at the same time? As in have enough troops to do what needs to be done. Trump is not very good with tactics. But neither was Hitler. Just waiting to see what happens next.
    sure our current deployed troops might be spread thin but that’s only about 200,000 of them. We have about 850,000 more in reserve that can be deployed. you underestimate just how powerful US military is

if we don’t care about civilian casualties it would be over quickly and easily. our mistakes with Iraq and afghanistan were staying around to try to rebuild their government. not our problem, take the government out then leave

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Trump might have to forget his wall if a war does break out. War costs more than just lives. It costs a lot of money. That has to come from somewhere. If Iran did go to war it would not be NATO / UN backed. So the US would have to finance everything. Bot doubt the British would stand with them. But with Brexit fast approaching over there, I can say an economic crash for the UK to begin with. Might all fall back on the US to finance everything. Not that I can see Iran wanting a war. There will be a few attacks on a few places. Iran will be blamed. Then we might have another Iraq to deal with. You can't just invade and leave. That would cause even more trouble in the Middle East. In fighting. In Iraq they were trying to put another government in place. It was never going to work. Far too complex a set up in those countries. Simple created more terrorists. Which will happen in Iran too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Trump might have to forget his wall if a war does break out. War costs more than just lives. It costs a lot of money. That has to come from somewhere. If Iran did go to war it would not be NATO / UN backed. So the US would have to finance everything. Bot doubt the British would stand with them. But with Brexit fast approaching over there, I can say an economic crash for the UK to begin with. Might all fall back on the US to finance everything. Not that I can see Iran wanting a war. There will be a few attacks on a few places. Iran will be blamed. Then we might have another Iraq to deal with. You can't just invade and leave. That would cause even more trouble in the Middle East. In fighting. In Iraq they were trying to put another government in place. It was never going to work. Far too complex a set up in those countries. Simple created more terrorists. Which will happen in Iran too.
    as if NATO or the UN ever helped us much anyway LOL. Nice joke

We don’t need NATO. Better off without them IMO. very few countries actually pay their fair share.

yes war costs a lot. But even when not in a major war we spend way more on military than needed. Might as well use those assets to accomplish something.

why can’t we just go in then leave? that’s what we did with the first Iraq war and it was our most successful campaign in modern history

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The first Iraq war? You talking when Saddam was killed? That is still going on. Nobody upped and left Iraq. Whole idea was the win over the public and put a US backed government in power. But Iraq is made up of many different races / tribes of people. First attempt at a new President was a major botch up. Thing then attempted was to make a government using leaders from each of the tribes. Never going to work because they hate each other. Power struggle began and is still going on. First attempt at a war in Iraq was Bush snr. He failed back then. Hence his son wanted to finish what his father started.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    The first Iraq war? You talking when Saddam was killed? That is still going on. Nobody upped and left Iraq. Whole idea was the win over the public and put a US backed government in power. But Iraq is made up of many different races / tribes of people. First attempt at a new President was a major botch up. Thing then attempted was to make a government using leaders from each of the tribes. Never going to work because they hate each other. Power struggle began and is still going on. First attempt at a war in Iraq was Bush snr. He failed back then. Hence his son wanted to finish what his father started.
    no I meant the gulf war with Bush senior in the 90s. I wouldn’t call that a failure. The Iraqi forces were one of the largest and most advanced militaries at the time and we defeated them with ease. We are very good at fighting traditional militaries.... not so good at fighting guerillas, but who is?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    the goal of getting rid of Saddam failed. They backed an uprising by revel forces to overthrow Saddam and then failed to even help the Rebels. The Rebels were crushed by those loyal to Saddam. Who remained in power. They had a think about it and thought it was not worth more US lives. To go after Saddam would have meant a lot more US troops would have died. They opted to leave him in power. Might have been a success in some parts. Getting other leaders back into power in other countries bordering Ieaq. This whole thing of backing and uprising and then not helping the rebels and letting them get butchered?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    the goal of getting rid of Saddam failed. They backed an uprising by revel forces to overthrow Saddam and then failed to even help the Rebels. The Rebels were crushed by those loyal to Saddam. Who remained in power. They had a think about it and thought it was not worth more US lives. To go after Saddam would have meant a lot more US troops would have died. They opted to leave him in power. Might have been a success in some parts. Getting other leaders back into power in other countries bordering Ieaq. This whole thing of backing and uprising and then not helping the rebels and letting them get butchered?
    Overthrowing Saddam was a mistake IMO. He kept stability in the area. We got rid of their ability to invade Kuwait and that was that

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Saddam was a bastard. Fair point to make. The mess it made after they took him out. It is still not sorted out today. You take a person like him out, there is always going to be a battle for power in the Country. The biggest mistake made was the promise to stay behind and help them build a new and better Country. You have to understand the set up in these Countries. Is nothing like our own Countries. So many different groups. The fact that they don't get on with each other was always going to be a major issue. It was assumed they could just put who they wanted in power to begin with. Then they would work towards elections. Not how things are done as a rule in these Countries. It failed. The various groups wanted to sort things out the old way. Which is why it is still a big mess. Could have all been avoided.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Iranian air force on high alert

29351.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Iranian air force on high alert

29351.jpg
    LMAO good one

I guess last night they attacked US bases and blew up an airliner. RIP Iran

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Just watched the presidents live press conference. Can’t believe we are backing down OMG.

never been this disappointed in Trump!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    In a way consider it like a game. You have an excuse to do bad things to Iran. But you back down. For now. I am sure a few more attacks will come on US ships or bases in the Middle East. But you have given them their chance and the World saw that. Now you move in and unleash hell on them. More about how you do it than when you do it. Be seen as the good guy given them a chance. Means you are playing the game the right way.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    In a way consider it like a game. You have an excuse to do bad things to Iran. But you back down. For now. I am sure a few more attacks will come on US ships or bases in the Middle East. But you have given them their chance and the World saw that. Now you move in and unleash hell on them. More about how you do it than when you do it. Be seen as the good guy given them a chance. Means you are playing the game the right way.
    Or we showed the world you can attack a US base without consequences!!!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.