Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Exciting news (another forum is merging with us)

Hello everyone

For the past nearly two years we have been talking about working on an update -- and I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop on what's been going on. I found another person across the country in the UK and her website called https://www.anxiety-central.com and we want to merge the sites together as one (i.e no posts or membership will be lost). I made a post explaining to her community here the details! You can read through the post and if you have any questions or clarifications or want to add anything, please do it here.

We ask members if they do create an account right now on AC, that they do it with the same email, same username and same password, so that it simplifies things (or just don't make an account) and wait until it becomes live! We plan on merging everything from both sites so that no data is missing, so there is no need to start fresh for anyone. If you already have an AC account and it's linked to the same email it will be merged into the new site in its AS account.

As said in the thread we will be beta testing; and I've already asked the Community here in a few threads; what they would like to see from AS (asking AC too) and trying to find the perfect mixture of support for everyone!!! If you have any new ideas of features or 'must keep' and you want to voice them -- feel free to voice them here too

I hope everyone will be welcoming to our slightly larger community and everyone can be supportive of each other during this change. It will likely take several months and a lot of beta testing (members involved as well). So please stay tuned.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to shoot them here or PM me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I look forward to this change! This is really cool with the possibility of a mobile app. What updates are you doing to the chatroom? I really hope more people join in chat and that we have a nice community are the other members on the other site nice too?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I?m glad it?s getting bigger!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I support this 100% Looking at the site there and here so much can be done with both sites if they were merged together.
    Beating anxiety this year

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    For reference I made this thread (nearly 2 years ago); https://anxietyspace.com/forums/show...on-the-website
    if anyone has anything to chime in that the would be sad without (although we are trying to blur the best we can of all features) please let us know.

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    AS is really expanding and going places and we have enough room for everyone here.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Going to be coming across a few old names who hated me from the AZ days. LOL That should be fun.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Going to be coming across a few old names who hated me from the AZ days. LOL That should be fun.
    I’m sure a lot of that is under the bridge now Lets give everyone a chance Your one of the most supportive members here and have value to this community

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think it is a great idea because both this place and that place need to pick up and get back on track and get people more aware of this site and that one.. The chatrooms are a Must Have.. This forum is much better then the other place in the way it is set up .
    awesome move !!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Not about making people aware of both sites. One site will fail to exist any more. Two become one.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Not about making people aware of both sites. One site will fail to exist any more. Two become one.
    Technically speaking, they will come as one. Meaning, both of them will still exist within each other.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    So it won't be just one new site? What is stop all their members just using their forum as usual? Over here gains nothing new at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    So it won't be just one new site? What is stop all their members just using their forum as usual? Over here gains nothing new at all.
    Yes, it'll be one site (sorry I should have clarified that ). I was using that slightly metaphorically! However, there will be bits of what reminds members of AC and bits that reminds people of AS in the merge. So that everyone is happy. That is what I mean by a bit of both sites live on.

If you noticed the sub-forums over there have been altered to look like AS, in preparing to merge them together (and simplify things). We still have aways to go! So when the merge happens, the account you have over there, and the account you have here, will merge into one account (with all your content) for example. To clarify, after the merge, members will still be able to type in https://www.anxiety-central.com and it redirect to anxietyspace.com

We will be gaining branded mobile apps, a custom chatroom coded from rocket chat, and not loose any of our already cool costume features that have been coded on AS. And AC members gain those cool features, and chat room that is being built just for the site!

In addition both sites merging will be gaining more member base and post history, that will help activity, and hopefully attract members to find our support site. More members = more comments = more support. We have plans on other coded things in the work for members too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I wonder how many of those people have phone anxiety like me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    That sounds more like it. Read what you were saying wrong. More so the reply to a post made by PB. Thought it was 2 sites. Which would have meant no changes at all. LOL. Was wondering how that was going to make any difference at all.
    @CloudMaker I don't use a smart phone or anything like that at all. Have a normal, small flip phone. No net access. Don't need it when I am outside.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.