Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Homeless problem

There?s a skate park near me. Drove by there today and it's nothing but homeless camped out there. Camped out with full sized family style permanent tents and garbage.

Almost Santa Cruz level. last year I saw maybe 3 football sized fields with homeless tents and trash under the freeway in Santa Cruz. So many that at first I couldn't wrap my head around it and thought it was some sort of street fair or something! LOL

California has decided not to go after "lifestyle type crimes" You can now legally [BEEP] and piss and do whatever in public lands.

This is not going to end well.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Same issue on a smaller scale here in Ireland. Few weeks one section of the counsel decided to move a few tents from the banks of a canal. They never thought to look inside the tents first. Was 1 man in a tent. Scooped up and dumped into a lorry. Like thrash. Ended up in hospital with serious injuries. Camping out has been banned. They can't just make the same type of areas you seem to have in the US. Would not be allowed here. Still have homeless people found dead on the streets a lot of mornings. Is there an answer that will work? Sort it long tem wise.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Same story here. My parents live in a city that has been nicknamed "tent city", just a large amount of tents in the cities underpasses.

Dont think theres an easy solution to it. We supposedly have a welfare system that's meant to be prevent this, and it's not doing so.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You need an address to claim welfare here. Catch 22. Say you house them all. They could not afford the cost of living. Back on the streets in no time at all. Much like when they house Pikies, Their normal life was in a caravan moving around from place to place. Loads of them house close by here. Evicted within a year. All the houses boarded up. Not paying their rent. Not something they had to pay in a caravan. Plus we have full ghost towns here. Places built but never used. All new houses. Last count there was at least 10 of these ghost towns. Talking about 200 plus houses just sitting there. That would be about 2,000 over the 10 in total. Simple truth is they are not making any money on the houses as it is. If people were housed in them they would have an address. Rent allowance would be paid to them. So whoever owns these ghost towns would at least make a few thousand a week. But that will never happen. Poor will always remain poor. Not just houses they need. Social skills too. Learn how to be human again. How to live again.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Maybe we should ship them all off to Alaska.

I hear the government there will pay you to be a homesteader LOL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My personal belief is that every able bodied person should work.If that isn't possible that is where government system kicks in.I think my way is much more kinder and compassionate in the long run.I have been homeless before.What some politicians are doing is not so nice.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    @Lucid you will get used to the solutions our @CloudMaker comes up with. Actually surprised it was Alaska she was shipping them off too and not special camps like a certain Mr Hitler once done with the Jews. She is been nice here. Getting tame in her old age.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Lol I actually find some of Cloudmaker's very interesting!Still trying to separate the humor from the honest view points.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    @Lucid you will get used to the solutions our @CloudMaker comes up with. Actually surprised it was Alaska she was shipping them off too and not special camps like a certain Mr Hitler once done with the Jews. She is been nice here. Getting tame in her old age.

special camps? they’re homeless people, not illegal immigrants for Christ’s sake!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Lucid View Post
    My personal belief is that every able bodied person should work.If that isn't possible that is where government system kicks in.I think my way is much more kinder and compassionate in the long run.I have been homeless before.What some politicians are doing is not so nice.
    why should my taxes pay for people that can’t take care of themselves? Let their families pay for it

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    special camps? they’re homeless people, not illegal immigrants for Christ’s sake!
    I agree they are not illegal immigrants. Which means they are legally in your Country. Why treat them any different from others who are legally in your Country? No idea how it all works over there. Over here you can't get a job if you have no home address. Can't get help from welfare if you have no home address either. Let us say that some want to do better. They are stuck though. Without any home address there is very little they can do. I did once say to somebody that they should be provided with PO Box numbers that can act as a home address. I think people have this idea that everybody on the streets is on drugs or an alcholic. Which is not the case at all. Lot of people might be living at home with their parents. Say both parents were to die. The house does not go to the other person living in that house. Unless it is fully paid for and the deeds are there and a will is made out. None of that and you lose the house and have to find some place to live. For a lot of people this ends up been the streets. They might get more support in the US. Few places do take some of them in at night here. But these places are not safe. People have been killed in them. Robbed in them. So a lot of people are afraid to go near these places. Because there is that small element who are into drugs who ruin it for everybody. But they need more than just welfare. Which most don't even get over here. Our system is a big Catch 22 situation. To get the help they need they have not got the one thing they need. A home address. But if they had a home address they would not be homeless. Thus not entitled to the help. Just keeps going round and round.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    why should my taxes pay for people that can’t take care of themselves? Let their families pay for it
    Some have no family.It is easier to understand if things aren't generalized.For example in my late teens I met a man that served as an Army Ranger in Vietnam. I was just doing laundry.I just listened to the man.Basically society tossed him out and he was still fighting even though the war was over.He didn't ask me for a thing and gave me his boots and thanked me.It was an eye opening experience for me.Now that story won't make a lot of sense unless you just get it.

On the flip side I have seen homeless people turn down honest jobs.

Point is when you label a group it is easy to look past the individuals.

Short answer to the question is vote or attempt to solve the problem.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Idk I think it’s the same here but some people go to churches that let them use that as their address.

A lot of these people are mentally ill but many more of them especially in California are intentionally homeless so they can be down by the beach and do drugs all day. In Santa Cruz it’s really bad and people from colder states will come down to California in a bus because they can be here year round without worrying about winter.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Could they not find out their place of birth, as in the State and simply return them back to their original State of birth? that would not be as harsh really. Just a way of saying that everybody can't just come to the one Sate because it is hot all year round. Keep some sort of records of these people. On a national database. Can easily be looked up and see where the person comes from orignally. What their story is. Any history of substance abuse or mental illness. So many nameless faces out there. Sad to say that others might try and blend in with them too. Has been known to happen. Be it a killer or whoever. best place to hide? On the streets.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    You would think so but that’s too much work for Commiefornia I guess. We’re practically third world at this point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.