Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Royals are treated like [BEEP] here. I fully support what they did. Would it come as a shock to hear that the.majority of us really dont care that much?

The shitshow will begin, it already is. The brain drain is beginning, anyone who can leave and who can get a job abroad will leave. I'm likely to go in the next year. The UK probably wont be the UK by the end of this decade. Scotland is looking to leave (and honestly, I was a no last referendum. I am firmly a Yes now, we need to leave.) The UK will probably become the United Kingdom of Wangland.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    A little off topic here. But why, when there is a storm warning and an actual storm causing bloody havoc, do people take it upon themselves to go near water? This is in reference to that woman in Wales who got swept out to sea by a wave a killed. Sad that she died. We have the exact same storm here, I don't suddenly think ' let's go to the beach '.Or some hills were water can sweep us out to sea. Those sort of people really annoy me. We had a woman over here last year who went for a swim during one of the worst storms to ever hit Ireland. She was recused. But she also put the lives of ambulance and fire crews at risk because of her stupidity.

I do support what Harry did. He wanted out. So off he went. Fair play to him for doing so. Nothing like that over here. Hence we don't get the whole royal thing. We have a wee president who looks like a Leprechaun. Much like the UK the government runs the country. Or screws it up. Chances are we might have a second election soon. They have a set time to form a government. Nobody has enough seats for a majority government. They all seem to hate each other. Irish people wanted change. Hence the big Sinn Fein vote. Simply might end up with the two same parties who were the last government back in power again. Case of ' let us do anything to stop Sinn Fein forming a government '. Not as many people will turn out for another election. That is when you end up with the ones you hate getting in power.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Don't know. I live in a place thats pretty badly hit by storms, we're currently all being advised to stay indoors and the seafront is all closed off. I don't think a lot of people realize how bad storms can get here, don't take it seriously. "Just little a bit of wind". Causing a bit of chaos here, could be dangerous. Usually get fairly mild - albeit rubbish - weather here. Two storms a fortnight isnt normal.

Heh, leprechaun. Not going to be unable to see him as not a leprechaun now. In all honestly suspected it would be an FF/FG coalition. Neither of them seemed eager to make a government with SF.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Thing with FF and FG is they are looking at other options first. As in they don't really want to go back into power together again. This time it would be the reverse. FF with most seats and them calling the shots. few old parties had gains and could help prop up a government. By old, I mean in the last few elections they had hardly any votes at all. The Green party done well for themselves. Them and FF could make up close on what is needed. But as the people voted for change, will the Green party see FF as been able to offer change? that will be the main sticking point that might lead us back to FF and FG again. Sinn Fein should have been braver and ran more candidates. Second votes would have helped them across the finish line. They were first elected all over the country. Surplus of about 5,000 plus. Seconf SF person running would have gained that surplus and thus they could have had enough to form their own government. Is all about keeping SF out of power with all these other parties. Their past has caught up with them. Even had video of one member after been elected shouting ' Up the RA '. What an idiot. That is what will get in their way. As they were the political party of the IRA. Younger people voted for them. Simple fact. Older people stuck with FF and FG. After all of this we might have no change at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I agree, SF should have run more candidates and they would have gotten more seats. Next election they likely will do so. Yelling "Up the RA" was idiotic. Plenty of people still see them as "The party of the IRA", "A terrorist political party" and it is not helping there case at all.

For younger people the troubles seems a long time back/ancient history. It really wasn't if you actually think about it, and GFA isn't particularly old. But it has worked, and there has been peace in Northern Ireland for a while. More concerned about renting, healthcare, things that actually affect them today.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Since my last post FG have ruled themselves out of going into any government at all. They want to be the opposition to the government. Might be just a ply. FF have stated loud and clear that they will not form a government with SF. We have a few smaller new parties. They said no to SF too and no to FF as well. We are waiting to hear what the green party have to say. They won 20 or so seats. So they can have a big say in forming any government. I think a lot of the talk is more in jest. All parties saying they would like to see SF form a government. In other words they would botch things up if they tried. Sad to admit it, but I do agree. Their numbers don't add up with their promises. No maths expert. But they would have to make millions appear from somewhere to keep all their promises. Last few governments failed badly. Case of ' Let us see you do better '. Part of rural Ireland still have no broadband. Now there were bids put in for the rights to make this happen. Questions are still been asked as to why the last government gave the contract to the highest bidder? They got quotes that were much cheaper. Now, as if that is not bad enough. Once it is done the government will actually own nothing at all. So they agreed to pay out about 200 million to get nothing back in return. They we have a new children's hospital. The starting price and the current price, so far, have a difference of about 100 million. Still nowhere even near completed. The end price will be much higher. Then we have the cervical check scandal. People been given the all clear when they tested positive. They out-sourced things to a company in the US. Who gave all the wrong results. Now doctors were told about 3 years ago about the mistake. But none ever told the women involved. Few have died. Large payments been paid out. It was one thing after another. Things been kept quiet. Until the papers found out about a lot of what was going on. How about a printer that cost nearly quarter of a million? That is why people wanted change.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.