Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    That is an issue. I do think it should be talked about at government level. Either make them mandatory or don't. None of this middle ground. Some wearing them and some not wearing them. In certain shops over here they do wear them. A chemist would be one. They did say they were going to make everybody wear them on public transport. I have not seen it happening as of yet. Still a case of do what you want. It would be a case of who would police it? There would have to be someone at each train station, for example, making sure those getting on trains had masks on. then what is to stop them taken them off once on the train. It boils down to the public. Wanting to do the right thing. But so many don't want to do this sort of stuff. Until everybody is on the same page there will always be problems.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @Cuchculan Agreed. Everyone needs to be on the same page. Wearing a mask won't hurt anyone but it's gotten politicized over here with people saying they have a right NOT to wear one. Grr.

Was feeling unusually tired and then I started to wonder with my recent experiences with people not wearing masks or social distancing. I started getting really concerned after reading an article about how people can continue to relapse after contracting it https://www.vox.com/2020/6/4/2127472...g-term-effects.

Dayum.

Tried to see if I could get tested but I don't qualify. I don't think I have it but it hit me that I don't want to put myself at more risk than is needed. And I certainly don't want to return to work unless real measures are taken to protect everyone. Can't trust people to wear masks though. Which is one of the problems.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Whole thing is nothing is rules. They are guidelines. Which means nobody has to follow them. Classic example of this is Sweden. They ignored going into lockdown. As a country who once did use herd immunity for swine flu many years ago. I can only assume they imagined they could do it again. Highest death rate per capita in the world. They simply refused the whole lockdown thing. Herd immunity is a word that has been thrown around a lot. Only time it ever really worked in countries is when the country also has a vaccine. So many people get the vaccine first. As there is no vaccine for this, I have no idea what Sweden were up to. They simply kept their country open. At the cost of a lot of lives.

I think to get tested you would want to on your death bed. Think you have to have at least 3 of the main symptoms. Which is them saying that they can't just test everybody. for workers who might be working close together, there should be special gear in place. Not all work places can keep people apart.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Starting to think this whole virus thing is a hoax. Or at least very overblown.

They told us with no change in daily behavior there would be 2 million deaths in America. NO CHANGE! Well look at all of these “black lives matter” riots. Thousands of people in close proximity for a dozen hours a day.

Many of them not wearing masks. Not even police or national guard all wearing masks.

Shouldn’t we be far past 2 million deaths if even normal daily behavior would have caused that? Where are all the deaths?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If there was going to be a spike in cases as a result of riots and protests it will happen within the next few weeks. It wouldn't happen straight away. 12 day incubation period. We will know more over the next 2 weeks. The masks are not to protect you. Protect others in case you have the virus. They were using them to hide their faces in most cases. As they looted shops.

News latest here is that kids are now catching the virus. Talking 30 kids under the age of 14. So bang goes all that talk that kids were not spreaders of the virus and were not coming down with it. Medical experts said that one a few weeks back. True or not? Could be a shock tactic. As kids are the ones breaking all the rules here. Throw a story out about kids now been the main ones catching it and the parents might wake up and stop their kids doing silly shit. It could be all true. Just the paper it was in is what we over here call a bollox paper. Mostly write rubbish. Once Brexit happens a lot of the bollox papers might vanish here in Ireland. As they are all Irish versions on English papers. The Sun would be the worst of them all. That is were this story came from.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    If there was going to be a spike in cases as a result of riots and protests it will happen within the next few weeks. It wouldn't happen straight away. 12 day incubation period. We will know more over the next 2 weeks. The masks are not to protect you. Protect others in case you have the virus. They were using them to hide their faces in most cases. As they looted shops.

News latest here is that kids are now catching the virus. Talking 30 kids under the age of 14. So bang goes all that talk that kids were not spreaders of the virus and were not coming down with it. Medical experts said that one a few weeks back. True or not? Could be a shock tactic. As kids are the ones breaking all the rules here. Throw a story out about kids now been the main ones catching it and the parents might wake up and stop their kids doing silly shit. It could be all true. Just the paper it was in is what we over here call a bollox paper. Mostly write rubbish. Once Brexit happens a lot of the bollox papers might vanish here in Ireland. As they are all Irish versions on English papers. The Sun would be the worst of them all. That is were this story came from.
    never trust media!!

also do you think we’re going to see millions dead then? Or was that all a LIE

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Sure they said close on 2 million would die here alone. Ireland? Only have just over 6 million people living here. Look at New Zealand. I case. How did it miss them? Or at least that was what was said the other day. A whole single case in the whole country.

Our numbers are up and down. Zero deaths one day. Then 2 deaths and 4 new cases. Lowest figures in months for a single day. 10 today. Staying around that mark. So there has been a very big drop off. So much so they are thinking of speeding up the opening of the country. We shall see. That number jumps high again and they will shut us down again.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    oh ok not fishy AT ALL

Attachment 4699

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It ain't over. Cases are spiking in different areas: https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-ca...8a607154d.html

And an oubreak on a fishing boat.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...eason-ramps-up

I wouldn't be surprised if there huge spikes after the protests.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Only stands to reason that the more shops that open and the more people that are outdoors, will mean more cases. England is still too high by way of numbers. Was too high when they eased restrictions. Has not got any better. how Boris imagined it might do is a mystery. We are entering phase 2 today. Second wave has been predicted. This is based on the fact that there will be loads more people out there. We are having protests too. Which are stupid. They should arrest those who oragnize them. Simple as that.

As for fishing boats? Here in Ireland a small town refused to let a fishing boat dock. It was from Spain. The way it was looked at, was, no way are you stepping foot in our town. Turns out half the crew had the virus. At first they were knocking the Irish town for not letting them dock. That soon changed once it came to light how many on the trawler had the virus. There are certain places you simply can't social distance. they want to open bars / pubs. Impossible to social distance in a pub. It will be in places like this that people might catch the virus. More odds of them getting it in places were you can't social distance.

Having been over to a shopping complex, I don't think the owners of the shop understood what was said to them about how things work as of from today. Non essential shops can open. But not if they are in a shopping complex. You are on a street, you can open. But in a complex you are to stay closed. As that would attrach loads more people to that complex. They were removing all the markings from the ground too. I have no idea why. Nothing was even said about been allowed closer to other people. We were told we still have to social distance. Yet here they were scraping all the social distance markings off the ground of the complex. Maybe I was the only person who actually listened to what was said. Charity shops could open today. But not if they were in a shopping complex. Seems like everybody is rushing to open their shops. Not going by what was said. As they are all in a shopping complex.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I continue to wear a mask when shopping. I would even carry a Clorox wipe with me.

My office was supposed to be 20% open - with masks on all the time and no common areas open.

They were going to take volunteers to go along with the "must go into the office"......but there wasn't enough interest. SO, my office is closed for another month.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @Ironman I'm glad you're exercising common sense about masks. A local health official received death threats over masks so now masks are only strongly recommended instead of mandatory. Infuriating. If I get takeout somewhere, I'm going to ask the business if they make masks mandatory. If not, I won't place an order. And if I'm somewhere where lots of people aren't wearing them, I'll leave. Now I'm really concerned about going back to work with the way things are.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Florida sees 2 consecutive days of 2,000-plus new COVID-19 cases as more beaches reopen

"Florida reported record levels of new COVID-19 cases this weekend as more beaches reopened in the Sunshine State.
    On Sunday, the Florida Department of Health reported its second consecutive day of more than 2,000 new daily cases, with 2,016. On Saturday, it reported a daily record of 2,581."

NOT GOOD. There may be another shutdown.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Florida sees 2 consecutive days of 2,000-plus new COVID-19 cases as more beaches reopen

"Florida reported record levels of new COVID-19 cases this weekend as more beaches reopened in the Sunshine State.
    On Sunday, the Florida Department of Health reported its second consecutive day of more than 2,000 new daily cases, with 2,016. On Saturday, it reported a daily record of 2,581."

NOT GOOD. There may be another shutdown.
    We won't have another shutdown. Remember, we have a TON more tests, so it will reveal more cases. We will lose more people around the depression of isolation than the Corona itself if we have another shutdown.

Social distancing should be enough, especially in summer. Florida has humidity and it makes the virus cells swell and gain weight.

I have been furiously cleaning my house - and it involved using a steam cleaner in my bathroom. Well, I breathed in the crud. I have a slight sinus headache....perfect to have a panic attack over the Corona. I have to keep checking my sense of smell I still have the sense of smell, no fever, no fatigue,

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    We won't have another shutdown. Remember, we have a TON more tests, so it will reveal more cases. We will lose more people around the depression of isolation than the Corona itself if we have another shutdown.

Social distancing should be enough, especially in summer. Florida has humidity and it makes the virus cells swell and gain weight.

I have been furiously cleaning my house - and it involved using a steam cleaner in my bathroom. Well, I breathed in the crud. I have a slight sinus headache....perfect to have a panic attack over the Corona. I have to keep checking my sense of smell I still have the sense of smell, no fever, no fatigue,
    Trump is leaving it up to the states. If you don’t want another shutdown I hope you dont live in a blue one!

Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.