Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Boris has given a date for the end of the lockdown in England. Even saying it will be the last lockdown. Let us see how that one turns out.

Case numbers still high here. But only 1 death. 1 yesterday as well. Get the case numbers down and who knows.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Aye, lift a little bit 8 March. Kids get to go back to school, you meet people from other households "outside" (they said you have a coffee on a bench with someone). Slow reopening, each stage several weeks apart, all dependent on hospital admissions and vaccines. Number of 65+ in hospital severely ill has dropped massively as it is. Been at varying reception for it. Some people think its far to rushed, others think it's cautious enough. Most people feel that once the deaths and numbers in hospitals are down enough because of the vaccine, things need to be opened up. A few think we should go for zero covid - even once the vulnerable have been vaccinated and the hospitalized numbers are down.

We had a pub law limiting what times the pub can be open at last year before Lockdown 2 - it managed to hinder rather than help. Everyone just went in one big rush half an hour before the pub closed, rather than having staggered arrivals as you usually would.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We shall know more later today. Is an announcement due. Though I can see it saying we will remain in lockdown for many more months. The deaths are right the way down. Case numbers did not go down as expected. Though I still think they have normal things. I had a friend and her family tested. All got positive results. She said it only felt like a head cold. Was gone in about 4 days. What else is throwing back positive results? Any flu like symptoms, get tested. Maybe, just maybe, it is the flu. The majority of people don't need to even go near a hospital. Just my own way of looking at this. In the past with certain other viruses. You either had it or you didn't. If you had it, what you had was bad. There was not various degrees of illness. It was a virus and it acted the same way with everybody who caught it. These people with mild doses. They make me wonder just what they actually have. People recovering in 3 or 4 days. That is the whole part I question. A virus is a virus. What it does to one body it should do to other bodies. Granted the elderly and sick have weaker bodies. So it might do a lot more damage. People getting poitive results and feeling nothing at all. I have always questioned that part. Is a virus with different rules for different people.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Thats it I think - better chance of fighting it off if you're young and healthy. Less chance of doing so if you're not so young and healthy. Do occasionally hear stories here of young people getting it, then dying. Then turns out that they're not so healthy, or they don't look after themselves. They had a medical condition that was a risk factor, or they're a chain smoker, for example. We're not a particularly healthy country. Saw someone say at the start of all this that he wasn't surprised that Britain was hit hard - lot of people smoke, lot of people overweight, lot of people who drink to much, got parts of the UK that have drug problems (Scotland has been called the "drug death capital of the world", for example) And a lot of people are in denial.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    A woman here opened her hair saloon. Said she needed money to support her family. The police did show up and shut it down. Was a queue and a half. Thing is had they a right to shut her down? All these things are only guidelines. They are not laws. Like in Italy when a lot of places just opened back up in the middle of lockdown. You are not closed down under any law. This is one thing I don't think people know. If they all just opened together it would be a nightmare for the police and the government. I know they did say they would revoke licenses in the future if anybody did open. Again I don't think they could do that. You could fight it in a court. This lockdown we have shoe repair shops open. They were all closed last lockdown. Some know they can open. They are doing so. Others have been mentioned by the government and health experts so just assume they have to stay closed by law.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I don't even know what the status is in my state anymore.
    I haven't run in two weeks.
    The only exercise I have had was three shovelings of snow last week.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We've had 104 days of lockdowns, apparently. Feels like its been longer.

Attachment 4772
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Yesterday marked a year since the first case of Covid in Ireland. Talk about naming the person. But she did give an interview.

Oddly they are now worried about an Irish strain of the virus appearing. Few good jokes about the symptoms of that one. Swearing a lot more than usual. Drinking when you never drank before. The urge to get in a fight.

Lockdown wise, they will review it again next month. Which means nothing at all. Next month they will tell us they will review it in another month. Pubs were told no opening before July. Though we are seeing a lot more people simply just opening back up. If more done it, it would be interesting. if they all got together and picked their own date and just opened. None of the closing is law. Like I said in my last post. One to keep an eye on.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    One year ago last year is coming up a lot here as well. This time last year here roughly? We were being told to wash our hands whilst singing happy birthday twice, Boris was saying "I've been shaking hands with hospitalized coronavirus patients" (no wonder he caught it), everyone was panicking because Herd Immunity seemed to be being pursued as policy and we were all being told to "take it on the chin". We could all see what was happening close to home in Italy and knew it was coming here.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Nearly a year ago people thought we would be in lockdown for 3 weeks and that would be that. A year later and we are still in lockdown. Though I was one of the few that said this will go on and on. I recall saying we will be lucky if this is over two years from now. Far from over one year on. Not going to end until they can stop it. I have always said that much. Current vaccine might stop it for so long. Still need a better one to make people immune to Covid. Then it will be over and done with. That might take up the whole of this year.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I think we all underestimated this. Seems to have been a Europe wide problem. We all have here. Lot of us thought this was something we had under control last summer I think. Now look where we all are.

Even the countries that did well the first time around are now having problems. Take Czechia - initially did very well, one of the best in handling it. Now having huge problems with it. And seeing the continent saying they're going through a third wave now.

There was a lot of goodwill and "this is for the best, we're all in this together" in lockdown 1 from the UK. 11 months today since that one began. Pretty much none of that this time. Everyone is just depressed by it all and fed up. Theres support for the lockdown, but we're still fed up with it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I think the curfews are done here in Ohio......unless cases go back up to 2,500 a day.
    I am going to try and run tomorrow.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Boris and Trump both didn't take it seriously at all to begin with. Acted like it was nothing. Granted China lied about the figures over there. But we knew they were higher once we saw what was happening in Italy. From Italy it spread very quickly thanks to a football match. European game. Home team were building a new stadium. Milan agreed to let them use their home ground. Talking close on 50,000 came down from the most infected region in Italy to Milan for that match. They were playing a team from Spain. What got hit bad next? Spain. The fans brought it from Italy to Spain. Lot of our earliest cases were also coming from Italy. People coming back from holiday. Italy did not act fast enough because they had no idea what they were dealing with to begin with. People could still move around Italy. They simply thought it was a bad flu.

Our first lockdown saw people over 70 stay indoors for 2 months. People went along with it. The longer it does go on the more frustrated people become. Far from over in this country. Our government is too easy to read. I can view the numbers and know what they will do next. Not complicated at all. I do think social distancing works. Getting people to do it is the hard part. Idiots throwing parties. Or big family gatherings. Been the main cause for most people catching the virus. Have been shopping since day 1. Not a problem at all. If you do it the right way. The queues in those early days were crazy. That was a first. I changed my shopping time. Afternoon to morning. Found empty shops in the morning.

Still interested to see where it does go from here.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Boris and Trump both didn't take it seriously at all to begin with. Acted like it was nothing. Granted China lied about the figures over there. But we knew they were higher once we saw what was happening in Italy. From Italy it spread very quickly thanks to a football match. European game. Home team were building a new stadium. Milan agreed to let them use their home ground. Talking close on 50,000 came down from the most infected region in Italy to Milan for that match. They were playing a team from Spain. What got hit bad next? Spain. The fans brought it from Italy to Spain. Lot of our earliest cases were also coming from Italy. People coming back from holiday. Italy did not act fast enough because they had no idea what they were dealing with to begin with. People could still move around Italy. They simply thought it was a bad flu.

Our first lockdown saw people over 70 stay indoors for 2 months. People went along with it. The longer it does go on the more frustrated people become. Far from over in this country. Our government is too easy to read. I can view the numbers and know what they will do next. Not complicated at all. I do think social distancing works. Getting people to do it is the hard part. Idiots throwing parties. Or big family gatherings. Been the main cause for most people catching the virus. Have been shopping since day 1. Not a problem at all. If you do it the right way. The queues in those early days were crazy. That was a first. I changed my shopping time. Afternoon to morning. Found empty shops in the morning.

Still interested to see where it does go from here.
    To that extent, it would be understandable. Remember, China isn't sharing information. We know that the virus matched components in the lab that was near the wet market.
    The illness was unknown - and we of all people do know about what fear can do! The last thing we needed was Trump and Johnson going berserk.

Don't forget - New York City was also very hard hit - and the Governor is in BIG trouble for putting sick elderly with healthy ones. They think the virus came in from Europe.

….and I think I don't have a curfew. I just got in from running for the first time in two weeks. Granted, I did intentionally run a bit gentler speedwise, but I actually completed 4.5miles (almost 8km!) NONSTOP. I can't remember the last time THAT happened during the pandemic. It's been months. I will probably take an ibuprofen before bedtime, but that should be okay.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    From the Boris perspective - Understandable at the start with China, it wasnt understood, we didnt have the data. We knew it was bad over there, so we did what was needed - we got those of our citizens in China that wanted to leave out, in exchange, they had to quarantine for two weeks.

By the time it got to Italy - there was little excuse. Italy can be trusted and was sharing data. We could see what was happening. Then Spain, and France. Both trusted, both sure data with us. We saw one by one as they were overwhelmed by it, and didn't act. People were jusy waltzing in from those countries without having to quarantine. Other countries shut off there borders and closed off entries from those places. We...just didnt.

Problem with New York is the same as London - it's an international business hub. Huge numbers fly in and out daily. So no surprise it got hit as bad as it did.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.