Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    My brother has not got the virus. Sorry if it came across that way. He works in a hospital. Not near the Covid patients. Everybody working in the hospitals all got the vaccine. No matter what job you do in the hospital. The ones with the virus are the ones dealing with Covid patients. I did read that over exposure to Covid can be very dangerous. In other words if you work around patients 7 days a week it is not good for you. So I assume they have special shifts. So one person is not around the patients for hours on end.

As for things on the net. Patrick's day parade is online this year. No idea how that will work out. People walking up and down their gardens?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    My brother has not got the virus. Sorry if it came across that way. He works in a hospital. Not near the Covid patients. Everybody working in the hospitals all got the vaccine. No matter what job you do in the hospital. The ones with the virus are the ones dealing with Covid patients. I did read that over exposure to Covid can be very dangerous. In other words if you work around patients 7 days a week it is not good for you. So I assume they have special shifts. So one person is not around the patients for hours on end.

As for things on the net. Patrick's day parade is online this year. No idea how that will work out. People walking up and down their gardens?
    It didn’t come across as him having covid but I heard people who are constantly exposed to it are at much more risk like you said
    Also I always thought st Patrick’s day was a fake American ‘Irish’ holiday LOL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I spent today in Monterey, I really enjoyed it as I have not gone anywhere since last year!
    I felt so sorry for all the restaurants there! Things I noticed,,,,,,

All the stupid crowded giftshops are still open! No restrictions but masks. You probably know how crowded all of those stupid places are, way more crowded than restaurants, but all the restaurants have been shut down even shut down with out door dining!

I bought some food and took it to the beach and ate it outside on the beach, I walked on a path from the wharf all the way to Cannery Row, that was the first time I ever did that! Got my exercise in!

All the shops in Cannery Row were open, but the restaurants were closed and were trying to entice customers into buying booze and stuff outside! People were buying huge cocktails and drinking and walking around.

WTF? Why is it ok to be packed into a gift shop and get drunk on the sidewalk but not ok to eat?

I don't understand any of this.

Weird

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There is a lot of strange things about what is fine to do and what is not fine to do. They ban all sorts of contact. Except if it is sports. That is allowed. Thing with that is a fair few games had to be called off. One player tested positive and the rest of the team were close contacts. If we use Rugby as an example. That is the sport with the most contact ever. They were actually looking for ways to make it non contact during Covid. this was so funny. Just something it is impossible to do as player tackle each other using their hands.

Shops wise? Most are closed here. Only one that baffled me was a shoe repair shop. It was still opened. Essential? Felt like asking the owner what was essential about his shop. Might get one customer a day if he is lucky. Euro saver shops are all still opened here. They sell all kinds of junk. They have banned take away drinks. As people were gathering outside the pubs.

As for Patrick's day? never been into it. More of a tourist thing. Has changed over the years. Now it goes on for 4 days. As if 1 day was not bad enough.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Thank you interweb gods For VR this year! I was able to exercise with "friends' in Beat Saber, go to virtual haunted houses, corn mazes, etc through "Sinister Halloween" and Phantasm.

California is still in lockdown after almost a entire year! Most of our students are having severe mental issues and our facility is having problems as well.

JEBUS.
    California's cases are through the roof. Hospitals are overflowing there. Their governor is going to get recalled.

My mom gets her second shot this Friday. She still has to wear a mask if she goes out....mainly to protect herself from Karens/Corinnes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Grandpa got his a few days back, the second jab is being delayed here though. They're trying this thing here where they give more people one jab rather than having people getting two. So he has to wait a bit for the second one. Israel's vaccinated a lot more than we have and is doing the one jab thing like us, and been mixed reports - some say doing that works against covid and is the best thing to do, you'll get more people vaccinated faster and they'll be just as well protected, some say don't do it doesn't work, doing that doesn't provide protection. So we seem to be watching how Israel is doing at the moment with it.

Seem to be vaccinating quite fast here. Getting almost 500k day done at the moment, which is kind of incredible that we're managing that. UK has a population of 65mil so...kinda quite quick.

Everything is shut here. Bars, restaurants, any shops that aren't essential? All shut. Only shops selling groceries or pharmacies can be open. Oddly though, coffee places seem to be open, so long as they just do takeaway. Had the takeaway drinks problem here with the pubs, so those got shut off. Seems like we're kind of going to be stuck in lockdown until those 50+ have been stabbed in the arm. Think all the new variants have spooked them a bit.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    My own view on this. They don't know anything about the long term effects of Covid on the body. They don't know anything about the long term effects of the vaccine on the body. but I am sure the long term effects of the vaccine won't be as bad as the long term effects of Covid. That is why I think they should be using the vaccine. Nobody will know anything long term wise for a few years. Can a vaccine be as bad as a virus? I doubt it very much.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Won't know the long term effects for years, yeah. Which we don't have. But I do thing the long-term covid could be worse. ,

Here a lot of people were wary, didn't want to be first - but they've been, and a couple of royals, politicians and famous people have had it. So if they've been willing to have it, everyone else should be fine to have it. Plus we all want are lives back. And the vaccine is how we do that. UK in general is generally not anti-vaccine, so they'll be a high rate of vaccinations in the population

Saw a doctor here yesterday saying the reason we've been hit so hard was that UK is unhealthy in general, you've got quite a few people who are overweight, drinking quite a bit and smoking - and in denial. So they're seeing more young people, but young people who are particularly unhealthy. Definatley seen a lot of smokers here insist that "they have a better chance because smoking strengthens the lungs".
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Not seen any big names take it over here. They said they would. Live on TV. That never happened. Lot of people against vaccines here. Normal groups. They try and tell you things they can never back up. The health experts don't know so much about this vaccine, but the anti-vaccine lot seem to have facts nobody else does. Facts that don't exist as of yet.

Smokers would get it far worse. I say that as a smoker. That is more BS coming from people who make things up to try and make it look like they are safer. Smoking damages the lungs.

Just out to the shops this morning. Talk about ice. It snowed yesterday morning. Then melted. Then iced over. Like a bleeden skating rink out there. I was fine with my DR Marten boots. They hold up to almost anything. Lot of people slipping this way and that way. Though most people stayed at home. Shop was empty. All the missing food items are back in Tesco again. My parcel has still not arrived. 3 weeks now. More going to be ordering from Irish sites from now on in. Did tell them they could cancel the order if they wanted. But they didn't want to. Curious to see how long it takes to get here.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Queen had it fairly early on here, but to be honest, she's in her nineties, so would have been one of the first anyway.

France will be an interesting one I think. Something like 4 in 10 will take the vaccine. So wondering what will happen there versus what will happen in the countries with a higher uptake rate. Think needing proof of vaccine to travel is going to be likely to happen, but France has open borders with every single country is shares a land border with, and free movement with the rest of the EU. Cant see the rest of Europe being thrilled about that one if France ends up being the sick man of Europe.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is part of me that thinks the whole vaccine business is political. The UK had 2 vaccines that looked good. Brexit happened. Then the vaccines looked bad. Not good enough for us within the EU. France makes a vaccine tomorrow and thinks it works and the EU does not agree, the French will still use it. They won't wait for EU approval. Plus it would probably be accepted by the EU in no time at all. All politics.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Also wondering if it's a bit "going to the highest bidder." Supposedly the EU negotiated to get the price it paid per vaccine down. If you look at the top 5 who've vaccinated the most - its Israel, UAE, UK, Bahrain and the US. All fairly rich countries, all likely able to afford to throw a lot of money at big-pharma to get the vaccines fast.

It's an interesting one with the UK vaccine and the EU. Quite a few countries in the EU are saying approve this. EU is taking its time. Seems each country could give emergency approval for a vaccine. But noone seem to want to do that.

UK did get an offer to join that scheme. Not just the EU that's in it, think Norway and the Swiss joined in. Know a few of the non-EU eastern European lot were also in it, although I think a few have them have now gone to buy from Russia and China. UK deciding not to join was definatley political and we all thought that was moronic and petty at the time, but seems to have worked out well for us.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The race for the first vaccine. People who won that race would earn billions. Simple as that. Why just give it away? Nobody else has a vaccine that works. You have. Play the bidding game. We were told they had cut back of the doses they were making. Which made no sense at all. You have something people want, why stop making it? That is what made no sense in what we were told a month ago. Then it was put on the EU and them no approving of it. Different stories. If it does anything at all, what harm is there in using it? Other option is more people die.

They can out price themselves. The rich get and the poor might get what is over if they are lucky. Imagine a cure for cancer was found tomorrow. It would not be made available to everybody. This is a pandemic. Killing millions. Worth millions to some people too. That is the world we live in.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yup, in an ideal world, we'd be sharing it out and each country would be getting it equally. But it's become every country for itself. Canada has something ridiculous like enough vaccines to vaccinate 5x it's population. Insane.

I do agree it's odd about cutting the supply though, particularly as we've been told the UK factory isn't affected. Seems to be a problem with the EU factory or something? Could be that they've been sold elsewhere, could be just as they say. They've spent a long time deciding whether or not to approve the thing though, could be that AZ has decided to sell it to a country thats decided to use it, rather than hold onto it specially until the EU decides at long last, that its safe to use.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The latest here today could be from Ripley's believe it or not '. As one expert was saying he believed the virus was been spread so quickly, not by humans, but by animals. We all know that livestock is moved from country to country. He said it is possible it could have mutated over to animals. I am not saying there is any truth is what I just wrote at all. I don't even think this expert fully believed what he was suggesting.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.