Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is the UK handing out figures on active cases? Like we hear 25,000 plus. Reality? Out of 6 million people in Ireland, there are 196 active cases. Doesn't sound as bad when put that way. Most days we are having zero deaths now. We have seen a few more cases after we went to phase 3. That was expected. Hence they stayed on phase 3. Still waiting for phase 4 to begin. Seems to be a lot of younger people getting it now. Pub going age. The increase we saw happened after some pubs were allowed to open.

Nothing really been enforced over here. Been on a train 3 times since they made it mandatory to wear masks. Hardly anybody on the train. Don't mind wearing a mask. No big deal.

Northern Ireland are doing well. Went about a month with no deaths at all. They are more doing as the Republic is doing. At last we can Unite in something.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I don't think UK is reporting recoveries, our numbers have been high though - still are a bit. We're not having anywhere near 0 deaths in England and Wales, Scotland at one point said they had. Couple of the Scottish islands have zero cases at the moment - they've just stopped anyone sailing across or flying in from the mainland. Isle of Man quite early on declared it had zero - they just shut off there borders to anyone who's not a resident there. Think the Channel Islands are similar - also shut there borders and have zero cases.

Yeah, NI's numbers are very good. Makes a lot more sense for them to be doing with ROI is doing, do share an island and have an open border, after all.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Spain is getting hit bad again. Germany and France have high numbers again as well. Though I think people knew there would be more cases the more active a country became. Here we saw that we were not ready for phase 4 and stayed on phase 3. If phase 4 had of went ahead, there would have been a lot more cases here. Because that is nearly the whole country opened back up again. We decided not to move forwards. Let us see the full brunt of phase 3. It has thrown up a fair few cases. Be good to live on a small island. Safest place. When our government said that people could now visit the islands off the west coast of Ireland, the islanders said ' no you can't '. Smart move.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'd love to be living on one of the islands right now.

Downside to that though is the lack of hospitals, or crisis beds in those hospitals. Seriously ill man on one of the Scottish Islands had to be flown an hour to the nearest hospital on the mainland.

Lot of people at the start of it had the great idea of going to these remote places with no cases because itd be safe, and hide out in a caravan park or go to there second home, often from big city hotspots. My area was one of them. Locals were pissed. Dont think I've ever seen them that angry. Had a few signs in our town with "**** off home, saes." (Meaning English) when the huge hoards were there, before the caravan parks shut and they all drove off home.

Spain was on our no-quarantine list until a few days back. Then theyve taken it off because the cases are rising again. So everyone who rushed off to Spain for a holiday now had to quarantine for 14 days when they fly back in. Have a few on my Facebook who are over there and are demanding "compensation" and are shocked to discover that there employer doesnt have to pay sick pay. Shouldn't have flown out on holiday during a pandemic. No idea why you'd want to be on a plane anyway with its recirculated air unless you absolutley have to. Surprised Britain is on anyones safe list to begin with.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Here it is ' only travel were vital '. A holiday in the sun is not vital. As they really check passports like they hadn't done before, we are seeing some people having welfare cut for leaving the country. You can't be job seeking if you are not in the country. Before all this the passports would not have been checked like they are today. Names taken and the likes. They are looking up names. Some say it is unfair. Is a little bit sneaky. Can a trip be vital if you are on welfare? Other can claim it is a working trip.

Did hear about all those English people in the sun is Spain. Change of rules before they came back to England. No doubt the holidays were cheaper. Get some people to use your business. Offer them all deals. Here people are been told to holiday in Ireland. Be it camping or caravans. Makes more sense.

My Niece was due to visit Scotland this weekend. Her boyfriend is over there. She would have to self isolate when she came back to Ireland. The coin is in the air still about going or not. Is an easy one to work around. Go North. Ferry across. North again coming home. If coming from the North of Ireland you don't have to self isolate.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Holidays are dirt cheap at the moment. Most people aren't, don't intend to, and don't think much of those travelling. You see images of empty airports here.

Yeah, usually just gone through quite quickly in Dublin. Takes about ten seconds in normal times.

My Niece was due to visit Scotland this weekend. Her boyfriend is over there. She would have to self isolate when she came back to Ireland. The coin is in the air still about going or not. Is an easy one to work around. Go North. Ferry across. North again coming home. If coming from the North of Ireland you don't have to self isolate.
    Nobody with any sense will break that Good Friday Agreement. And you don't need passports to travel between two parts of the same country. So North is a strange but needed loophole. If I wanted to enter ROI undetected, go to NI, and cross by road.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Over a 150K deaths have been reported in the U.S. and still some want schools to fully open back up. Weird that people forget that kids aren't immune to COVID and have died from it. Even weirder, is to conveniently ignore the risks posed to teachers/staff and the students' own families. The push for reopening of schools here is for political reasons - it's tied to backers of charter schools and proponents of school vouchers for private education.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Drug smugglers are getting busted here in their droves. Thinking now would be a safe time to smuggle their drugs. Amount of vans / cars stopped and the amount of drugs inside them. Some are dressing as paramedics. Important people. Is working well for the police on one hand. But if they want to stake a place out they are more easily seen at the moment. Still less traffic than normal on the roads. They stand out more. Just as much as the smugglers stand out too.

But the route via the North is been used by people from the UK to visit Ireland without having to self isolate. People are calling for more checks on trains coming down from the North. Plus UK license plates. Few weeks back nearly all the cases in a week were tourists.

Is still only young kids in school here. Maybe 5-6 years old. Still working out what to do about older kids. Nothing is certain as of yet. More teachers are been drafted in. We know that much. Smaller amounts in classrooms. Schools can be a bad place for anything to spread quickly.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Case numbers getting bigger by the day here. Though no deaths. Younger people catching it. Phase 4 will be stopped yet again. This is the result of phase 3. They half expected more cases. They got them. Worrying thing is the community cases. Not caught from anybody you know. That has picked up again. Talking maybe 50 plus new cases a day for the past few days. We had been down to 1 or 2 a month ago. Phase 3 meant more places opened. More people back to work. Cluster cases are happening. Building sites mainly. Curious to see how to go come the 10th of the month. That was the new date for phase 4 after it was cancelled last time around.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Larger cases here, wouldn't surprise me ofnwe start to lockdown a bit again. They delayed the lifting of some restrictions, and put some lockdown restrictions on the North of England again. Not so great in North England, apparently. But, the pubs are staying open. I think they're hoping to be able to avoid a second lockdown with a couple of localized lockdowns where there's a sudden surge in cases.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I would ask ' what did they expect '. You have a virus all around the world. It is not going to just vanish. That would be far too easy. Like a train on tracks that just keep on going. Unless you put something in the way of that train, it will continue on and on. They wanted to open the country back up over time. Problem here was that phase 2 went so well. They rushed into phase 3. Pubs are been blamed for a lot of it. As they never went by the rules. Was only pubs that sold food. You rang in advance. Booked a time. Had to have a meal. Could only stay for 90 minutes. Videos of pubs began doing the rounds. They were packed. Hundreds in them. Even more outside the pubs. All pubs were meant to be opening from the 10th. I can't see that happening. Some building sites were even shut down again. Factories too. Clusters of cases. Is not going to just stop. You need to have something to stop it. Which they don't have.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    From Monday it is all about masks. Not wearing one? No entry to all shops. You have to wear one. Not just in the actual shops. Second you enter the complex. Phase 4 put off for another month. Pub owners are going mad. For all the new cases we have had, we have had zero deaths. You do have those who are not believing in what they are been told. Thinking the government is making all this up to get at younger people. Let's be honest, it was the younger people who ignored everything all along. Shopping next week should be interesting. This morning you still had those without masks on. What will the no mask people do next week?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, here they're supposed to contact trace (so you give them names and phone number and you get a call if someone else there gets it), seperate everyone out, perspex/whatever. Nope, not happening. And huge crowds outside the pub I passed the other day. City in Scotland locked down again, locals are pissed, outbreak has been linked to several bar and the odd nightclub that opened when it wasn't meant to. Lot of naming and shaming going on on Facebook, theres a huge list of places that were not behaving.

I'm honestly slightly surprised that London hasn't been locked down again. Gonna spread like wildfire on the underground trains. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't at somepoint though.

Starting a new job and been told that I am, therefore, going to be working from home for the next few months. Even though gov is encouraging people to go back to the office. Barbados has decided to capitalize on the new work from home trend, and is offering out visas for people to go and work there remotely. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't really want to be sat on a plane next to a super-spreader, I'd be tempted. Nice place to live for a year, heh. (And they're probably handling it a lot better than the UK.).
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I did hear about Scotland earlier. That made our news. Pubs will never work the way they are been used right now. Meant to be different. But they are not going by the rules. We are seeing the exact same results here.

I want to go with you. Sounds too nice. Tropical. Sunshine. Craziest one I have heard of so far was in South America or one of the middle America countries. It was put as simple as ' if you leave your house, the army will shoot you '.That would work. Crazy dictator. Philippines. That's where that was. Seriously threatened to kill anybody who left the house.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Just when you think this thing might be easing, you are hit with a lot more cases. 96 today. Mainly in 3 counties. Clusters. One is were refugees would be kept until they become legal. Those places do be packed. But it has shown nothing has changed. The less cases were when there were less people outside their houses. Lot of factories closed down as well. But in the 3 main counties it is like day 1 of lockdown all over again for the next few weeks at least. Just until we see where this going. Leo is no longer in charge. FF are the main party and were quick to do everything FG never did. No hanging around. Just shut down places and make everybody wear masks. As in you have no choice / say in the matter. That should have been done from day 1. Might have seen less cases. But FG never made masks mandatory at all. The second power changes hands and masks are made mandatory. Even though FF and FG are power sharing. Is like FF saying ' this is how you should have done it. Next few weeks we will know if round 2 is here.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.