Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They have began naming people who caused the riot last Saturday. About time they began doing so. Rather than just charging them and that is that. Names and pictures are appearing on media sites and shared on social media sites. Do any of these actually work? These are the sort of people who always find time to appear at marches. Even if it is on a week day. One was classed as a film maker. That made us laugh. Now classing you tube video makers as film makers. This is just the start of what they have planned. I think the police are naming them all with a hope that that stops them from doing anything else. Put their names and their faces out there. Not like the general public thought what they done was great. People were calling them all idiots. Turn the public against them.

All the nank of Ireland branches are closing down. The claim is that they are now asking people to use the post office instead. A lot of places will go under. Hence we see some opening. Going against the rules. Stay open till the police show up and close them back down again. The police are closing them stating large crowds outside the work place. Like I said before they are not breaking any laws by opening. So they are been shut down for other things. Safety reasons.

I am sure you will find videos on you tube of our anti maskers on the tram system trying to remove masks from others. Fools.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Major issue happening here at the moment is no doses of the vaccine appearing. People been handed dates and then cancelled. There are 3 different vaccines in use. They are now using the 1 dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. That is what my mother is down the get. Was meant to be the other day. Now it is meant to be today. The government had no answers as to why the vaccine doses were delayed.

Big street party broken up the other evening in the west of Ireland. Hundreds of college students out jumping around the place with their bottles of booze in their hands. Good few arrests made. Lot of fines handed out. Just people been idiots.

Still the attacks go on the streets of Dublin. 2 shootings and a few beatings dished out this week alone. Hard to know if people are just getting restless or what. Schools went back. Within a day a few had to close again because of outbreaks of the virus. Have no idea were they go from here with schools and colleges. Every time they try and open the places the virus numbers rise. Plus they are looking at a number of still birts. If they are connected to Covid or not. Unless the pregnant woman had Covid, I see no reason as to why they could blame the still births on Covid.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They tell you then over there what you're getting? I got an invite for one next week, but not been told which one I'll get. Doesnt give you a choice.

Kids are meant to be back at school on Monday. Guess we'll see if theres another strike. Teachers have been told no, they won't be being prioritized for a vaccine, they won't be getting it before the vulnerable. Is a 20 year old teacher really more vulnerable than a 49 year old? The data says the 49 year old is more likely to die than a 20 year old teacher, and they've said prioritizing based on occupation rather than age will slow things down.

People being idiots here and booking holidays for May/June - UK may be okay to open up for then, but I don't know why they're thinking other countries will be doing so by then.

As predicted, nurses are getting f all in return for being on the front lines this year. They've been given a grand total of a 1% pay rise. Doesn't even cover the Cost of living rises due to inflation. Absolutley disgraceful.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    After been told 1 vaccine, they gave her a different one. Then a booklet with how you might feel over the coming days. Hard to know which of the two she actually got. Nothing letting you know. Book covers all vaccines. They one she assumed she was getting was not available. Ireland for you. Vaccine never arrives. Then when it does it is a different one.

Some countries are allowing people to holiday once they had the vaccine. Need proof that you got it. I am sure that could be forged. The likes of Cyprus. Small place. Depends on tourists.

Sure even home care workers over here are not been done early. They have to wait. Elderly people first. Working down through the age groups. Only ones who got it because of their jobs were hospital people. Rightly so. I think with schools it is all about having a load of people in a room together. I get their fear. Only took 1 day here for some cases in schools.

Police raided a Church here. Could it get any better? Told the priest to clear the church. Priest was been a bit of a rebel as all masses are not allowed. So he was breaking the rules. But a church is a big place. You can social distance in a church. Masses had been by invite only. People rightly moan about 11 at a funeral. Some Irish families have more than that in the family. 11 people would be lost in a big church. They should allow up to 50. It would still be safe. Bloody huge buildings.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    You get a card here saying which one you got, what date, what date you need to have jab-2 by, but you won't know which you get. Only 2 here that are being used - the Pfizer and the Astrazeneca. Pfizer is imported, AZ is made here. So most get the AZ. One thing this whole pandemic has shown? That having certain things being made domestically is crucial. Should maybe be getting the Moderna soon, maybe the J&J.

Cyprus is an interesting one - vaccine that has been approved by the EU. Only now we have EU countries using vaccines that haven't been approved due to low supplies - Got quite a few of the eastern bloc the Russian Sputnik now, and Hungary has been using the Chinese one. So wonder what will happen there. If the vaccine passport is just like the yellow book you get for other travel vaccines - then yeah, I gurantee that can be and will be forged. Just a yellow piece of card with hand written information in it.

The only ones who got it first here were medical workers or care workers. Reasonable enough - medical workers are on the front lines risking there lives, care workers work with people who vulnerable, and we've already seen that if it gets into a care home, it spreads like wildfire. With schools theres a higher risk of catching it, but not a higher risk of death they've said. Plus how would you ID who is and who isn't a teacher. Same for any of the other key workers. That'd slow the rollout down. Gov did push for it I think - but it's not up to gov. Up to a comittee called the JCVI - they make the recommendations, gov is legally obligated to do as they say.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Even with the flu jab you get a card telling you what you got. Was surprised to see nothing with this jab. She will be back in a few weeks for the second jab. I am nearly sure it was the Pfizer one she did get. When she got the call she was told it would Johnson & Johnson. I was surprised to hear that name as I knew Ireland was having trouble getting that vaccine. But she insisted that was the name she was given. Only to arrive home and say it was not the one she was told she was getting to begin with. They are simply doing things by age here. Nurses and doctors and hospital staff all got it first. Home carers have to wait here.

The numbers are still high here. Higher than what was expected. Considering we have been in lockdown for some time now. They assumed the numbers would go back down again. That never happened. Still a good few deaths every day. That did drop for a while. But has shot back up again. I would guess they are pinning all their hopes on these vaccines.

Other countries are doing their own thing. Talking EU member states. They are no longer waiting for the EU to approve things. They are simply ordering whatever vaccine they can get quickest. Is annoying the EU leaders. Should send them a message. People telling them they are far too slow. We are no longer waiting for you.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It is an odd one. The russian vaccine actually seems to be decent, the reason it's not being purchased by the west is political. Can't really blame those countries for going to Russia. They need a vaccine. Third Wave looks like its about to hit the continent, you have a few countries now being overwhelmed as we were back in January. EU is speaking of a vaccine passport plan. Pretty much zero chance that will be approved for just the EU approved ones. Those eastern countries are going to want there chinese and russian vaccinated citizens to be covered by that.

Only plans here are for vaccine passports if they're needed to enter other countries - because thats something we have no choice about. Thats up to the country we're visiting. We're guests there, so fair enough, we follow there rules. But vaccine passports for use at home in the UK? Yeah, nah, that would not go down well, even amongst the vaccinated. Load of people freaking out about that, who needn't really. It's very unlikely to happen.

Mostly doing it by age here, but once they've done everyone 65+, they've moved onto anymore 16-65 with a condition that would make you more likely to die. For some bizarre reason, bipolar disorder has been put in that group. Bit odd that one - not quite sure why bipolar disorder makes you more likely to die. So I get the vaccine next week.
    Think the centralized nature of our healthcare has helped a bit here. Everyone resident here is on the system, we're pretty much all registered with a local doctors surgery due to the fact thats free. Easy for them to find out whos next in the queue. There's a high level of trust in that one healthcare provider, so long number of people willing to take it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They know there are so many against the vaccine. So they are more or less saying that those who get the vaccine will be allowed to do more. Some form of proof that you got the vaccine. That will only lead to more riots if it were to happen. Plus shops and the likes would be against it to. You can only allow those who got the vaccine to enter? I have explained to one person that they don't need everybody to get it. So many get it, that lowers the chances of you catching it from them. The spread of it will drop. But I am curious to see were it does end up. Certain countries will have certain laws. You want to enter that country, you have no choice in the matter but to obey their laws. But a lot of it will be challenged in courts. That will delay anything from becoming a law. Civil rights. Human rights. Every right they can think of will be used.

I am a long way off getting it. Vaccine that is. LOL. Probably looking at deep into the Summer months. Who knows what things will be like by then. Changes will happen. Another vaccine might appear. Took them 4 years to get anything for Ebola. That was the quickest so far. But everybody is focused on this one virus this time around. Could happen a bit quicker. Meaning something that stops it in its tracks. You visit Africa and they can give you the Ebola jab. Zero chance of catching it. Yet we still see outbreaks in Africa every so often. Covid might just be like that. Vanish. Then come back in a few years. Just like Ebola does in Africa.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Its something like 85% here that are willing to take it. So enough to get herd immunity. There's a chance that a few businesses will decide to deny business, couple of workplaces insist on a vaccine - as you said, fully expecting a few lawsuits over that one. But wouldn't be hard for them to do here. Ask for the blue card you get after a vaccine, or just ask you to open up the NHS app on your phone, and you've got a list of all the vaccines you've had there.

Countries like France are going to have an interesting time of it I think (40% ). Won't be enough.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The main loud mouth we have in Ireland is Gemma O Doherty. She has challenged everything so far. Claiming there is nothing but a bad cold going on. That hospitals are empty. Her case was tossed out of court. She is a crazy cow. Racist too. But she has her followers. She will put in another challenge to any new rules that come in. She used to have a you tube channel. It was removed because of her racist remarks. These marches are all the people who would support her. But she would not show up at a march. Gets others to do her dirty work for her. Worth looking up her views if you want a laugh. Hospitals have been really empty all along? Mad cow. Nearly all Irish people hate her. Except her few hundred followers.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Major issue happening here at the moment is no doses of the vaccine appearing. People been handed dates and then cancelled. There are 3 different vaccines in use. They are now using the 1 dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. That is what my mother is down the get. Was meant to be the other day. Now it is meant to be today. The government had no answers as to why the vaccine doses were delayed.

Big street party broken up the other evening in the west of Ireland. Hundreds of college students out jumping around the place with their bottles of booze in their hands. Good few arrests made. Lot of fines handed out. Just people been idiots.

Still the attacks go on the streets of Dublin. 2 shootings and a few beatings dished out this week alone. Hard to know if people are just getting restless or what. Schools went back. Within a day a few had to close again because of outbreaks of the virus. Have no idea were they go from here with schools and colleges. Every time they try and open the places the virus numbers rise. Plus they are looking at a number of still birts. If they are connected to Covid or not. Unless the pregnant woman had Covid, I see no reason as to why they could blame the still births on Covid.
    Quote Otherside View Post
    They tell you then over there what you're getting? I got an invite for one next week, but not been told which one I'll get. Doesnt give you a choice.

Kids are meant to be back at school on Monday. Guess we'll see if theres another strike. Teachers have been told no, they won't be being prioritized for a vaccine, they won't be getting it before the vulnerable. Is a 20 year old teacher really more vulnerable than a 49 year old? The data says the 49 year old is more likely to die than a 20 year old teacher, and they've said prioritizing based on occupation rather than age will slow things down.

People being idiots here and booking holidays for May/June - UK may be okay to open up for then, but I don't know why they're thinking other countries will be doing so by then.

As predicted, nurses are getting f all in return for being on the front lines this year. They've been given a grand total of a 1% pay rise. Doesn't even cover the Cost of living rises due to inflation. Absolutley disgraceful.
    My mother was told which one of the two (at the time) she got. She got the Pfizer ones. I heard that the one dose Johnson & Johnson (the first single dose vaccine!), unfortunately, has a lower efficacy rate of 73%. They still wear masks when out in public, though. That's to protect them against Karens.

I am definitely going to get the vaccine, and even had a coworker tell me that she could get her son (grocery store manager) to throw my name into the list.
    I was like "Thanks, but right now, there are still people who need it worse than me. I wouldn't feel right having the shot right now."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The vaccine shots can only be stored for so long. if they are not used up they are tossed out. So what we have here is family of hospital staff getting the vaccine early. Other than toss it out. Though some asked why it wasn't used on all patients in the hospital first. But if my GP had doses that had to be used up, he would simply look up his computer and pick a few names and ring them up. I don't see nothing wrong in doing that. it would only go to waste if he didn't do it that way. At times it can be a case of who can get there quickest. As it has to be used up on that day. Johnson & Johnson was mentioned here in Ireland. But I told my mother those doses never arrived in Ireland. After she said that was the name she was given. Questioned it. I even showed her our health board web site. It had the vaccines in use in Ireland. The one she mentioned was not mentioned on the site. If you can get it early, get it. Lot of places are just using it up. Because they have to.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Elections in May seem to be going ahead. Just been told to bring our own pencil - they're paper ballots here, you just cross next to the option you want, and they usually provide a pencil. Mays looking like it'll be a lot more open and less lockdown though.

Here if you get called you go - you get what you're given if you go. No "Vaccine shopping" as I've seen it called. Not sure what would happen if you refused one vaccine because you wanted a different type, but probably wouldn't go down well. Few months back had stories of a few pensioners refusing Pfizer because it was German and they wanted the "English one" (AstraZeneca). Lot of people thought those people should be put at the back of the queue. Attitude was that it wasn't about what they wanted, it's a public health measure to get the numbers get us all out of lockdown. Don't know if they did get put at the back or not.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Just throwing it out there. Say some refused one vaccine. But said they would take another vaccine. Is it not worth the time given the one they want. Rather than no vaccine at all. We all know how many people refuse vaccines. I would rather they take anything than nothing. Even heard one asking about a tablet version some day. He will refuse all other vaccines. But if a tablet vaccine came out he would take it. Might get more people done if they get what they want. Even a lot who are against all vaccines might change their minds.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Think the frustration here comes from there not being a good reason for them refusing a vaccine in favor of another, when theres still a lot of people out there who need a vaccine. So they hear of people turning up and then saying "Well I don't want this vaccine because it's not English", and they just get frustrated. Pretty much everyone wants one, although we're getting through it, pretty much everyone knows someone who needs a vaccine. Also that those being vaccined up until now were those very, very high risk (over 70, very vulnerable), and any reopening here has been tied to the vaccine numbers. So "We've all been sat in lockdown to keep there ungrateful arses alive and they're refusing to help themselves" or similar is another one I've heard a lot.

Don't know about the tablet one, not heard of a vaccine as a tablet - but lets say we do, and it's an expensive tablet, and the vaccine costs a lot less. You have someone refusing to take a vaccine without coming up with a good reason why, but says he'd be willing to take the tablet if given to him. It's public funded healthcare, so it's the taxpayer covering that. Question will come up - why should the taxpayer cover that one for him?

Ooh, Italy now is considering getting the Russian Vaccine.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.