Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So keep hearing rumours that the government is going to "let us off lockdown/restrictions for Chrismas". Like, what, are they expecting covid to realize that it's been a bit of a rotten year, and would it please be so kind as to stop infecting people for the festive period? Madness.

But then again I suspect people would just ignore the restrictions and travel anyway. It's New Years Eve/Hogmany that's going to suck for me. Don't feel I should be travelling up to Scotland to see family there. (Scotland is unable to shut its borders off, and so its just illegal to travel to and from the airport. Not to be in the airport. Or to fly in or out of one. Couldn't make that up. Bizarre.) Can't fly into Ireland to see ths other half. Would have to quarantine. US still has a ban on entering if you've been in the UK for the last two weeks, so haven't been able to see my family over there.

Don't get me wrong, understand the restrictions and all. Not sure I'd want to be on a plane anymore. But it still sucks. Been a year now since I've seen them. Ah well. Hopefully next year.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The odd plan mentioned here in the run up to Christmas was night time shopping. 9pm till 7am. Those been the shops that are closed at the moment. I am guessing you would still get crowds of people shopping. problem here is the numbers we have now are the exact same as we had two months ago. Level 5 lockdown has done nothing at all. One fear I mentioned months ago was the virus getting into hospitals. As in patients and nursing catching it in hospitals. That is starting to happen. Two major hospitals are closed for all out patient appointments. As the virus is spreading in both hospitals. Lot of very sick people in hospitals. Hard to protect them. So we have other doctors and other groups wanting the health board to start looking at things in a new way. There only seems to be one way of view and doing things. That is to lock us down. Doctors are now speaking out against that. New year's Eve will be a nightmare. The night when thousands gather as a rule. Let us see them try and stop that one.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Latest amusing thing. The psychic virus predictor. She has spoken. Are you all frightened yet? It will be 2024 before this virus is done with. Then a worse one will hit. She is so full of good news.

And in other news a 3 headed monkey has predicted snow storms for next week.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I hope she’s a fraud psychic LOL

in other news Amazon is all out of toilet paper again. I also can’t seem to find any near me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They are not going crazy here buying shops out of it. Might happen just before Christmas. My own view is they will lift the lockdown for two weeks leading up to Christmas. Then lock the country down again just after Christmas to stop the whole New year's eve thing and New Year's sales. They can be crazy times in the shops. Black Friday we were locked down for. That cut out that shopping day. Is like all the big days in the shops we have been locked down for. Or festival times.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    wonder how many businesses are going to go under from not allowing Black Friday or much holiday shopping

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There will be a lot shutting down. The government can offer loans to some. Let's be honest here, is only so much money they can hand out. They are paying weekly amounts to workers unable to work because of the virus. The maths when looked at would suggest another recession. As in where are they even getting the extra millions for the special pandemic payments? Nothing adds up. The country will be broke in no time at all.

Worth adding the riots in Country Cork over the weekend. Number of police injured and a lot of arrests. People having a street party. Then there was a massive rave in Dublin on a beach. More gathering outside a pub in our main town. These people will keep us with tight restrictions. Guessing levil 3 for the run up to Christmas. With a few added restrictions. You have these small few making it bad for everybody.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    ^Yeah, this is the case here. Few people not behaving. Makes it worse for the rest of us.

Money question is coming up. Difference is here, we have pound, our own currency. They can literally print more money. Stupid thing to do in the long run, decreases the value of pound. Supposedly we're not going to do that. We'll see. We're borrowing money at the moment. That's going to have to be paid back eventually.

Qantas has been in the news here today, saying that they won't let you board one of there planes if you're not vaccinated. Saw this coming a mile off. Can see countries refusing entry if you don't have the vaccine. Some already do for some vaccines. How the new normal will end up being it seems.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    ^Yeah, this is the case here. Few people not behaving. Makes it worse for the rest of us.

Money question is coming up. Difference is here, we have pound, our own currency. They can literally print more money. Stupid thing to do in the long run, decreases the value of pound. Supposedly we're not going to do that. We'll see. We're borrowing money at the moment. That's going to have to be paid back eventually.

Qantas has been in the news here today, saying that they won't let you board one of there planes if you're not vaccinated. Saw this coming a mile off. Can see countries refusing entry if you don't have the vaccine. Some already do for some vaccines. How the new normal will end up being it seems.
    At least in the US they’re going to print more money to afford our military or corporate debt anyway
    Might as well print more and give to citizens IMO

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Now we have a third vaccine that is said to be nearly ready. Much like a bus. There is none for ages and then 3 come along together. From what we have be hearing, only one works in elderly people so far. We know us younger people will be last to get it. So we can watch and see what it does to others.

As for money, my own mother asked me only yesterday how the government could afford all the money they are handing out? My answer was simple. They can't. To give, they must take from somewhere else. Simple as that. Might see a price hike when all this ends. Higher taxes. Telling people it is to help get the country back on track again. In Ireland we have the saga of the new children's hospital that has been on a long time now. Began at one price. Now they are three times over that price and nothing is even nearly built. Their time frame keeps on changing. They should have fired the original contractors and got a new one in. Would have saved all this extra cost. Worked out cheaper. Is going to run on and on for a few years yet with rising costs. This is people who keep changing their minds on the design. Bloody stupid.

No vaccine, no entry into most countries. At the most it is tests only to make sure you have not got the virus. When a vaccine does come out, they might give those who got the vaccine a card to show they got the vaccine. Might even need to show it in your own country when entering certain places. Hospitals and doctors and a few other places.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm very much expecting a tax rise and spending cuts after this. Rumours here that some of those cuts will be freezing public sector pay - including that of medical staff. Absolutley disgraceful that one. The ones at the front lines of the pandemic and they get rewarded with a pay freeze.

Theyve decided we can meet 3 other households for a period of five days over Christmas and form a "Christmas Bubble". Rather unusually, all four nations agreed to that one, and seem to be fine with people travelling between the four. Guess we'll see what the numbers look like in January.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Amazes how some people can get away with things. This case we are talking RTE ( our National TV station ) already had their Christmas party. Big named people. The government had said all such Christmas parties are banned this year. No action to be taken against RTE. If you or me arranged a party we would be fined for doing so. That is top of the news at the moment.

then we had a school tell all female pupils they had to cover their legs from now on? We turning Muslim now? Pubs closed and now females been told to cover up? Sounds like Sharia law. Is only in one County. Major reaction to it.

It will be back to level 3 in the run up to Christmas. But even the experts are saying what I keep saying. They will simply lock us down again after that. Keep locking us down until a working vaccine becomes available. I have said that all along. They never had a plan B. All they know is lockdown. Had to laugh when they said the death rate was down during this second wave. Yes. That is because the old and sick all died during the first wave. Other than that much the same as the UK about who can and can't visit during Christmas.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Amazes how some people can get away with things. This case we are talking RTE ( our National TV station ) already had their Christmas party. Big named people. The government had said all such Christmas parties are banned this year. No action to be taken against RTE. If you or me arranged a party we would be fined for doing so. That is top of the news at the moment.

then we had a school tell all female pupils they had to cover their legs from now on? We turning Muslim now? Pubs closed and now females been told to cover up? Sounds like Sharia law. Is only in one County. Major reaction to it.

It will be back to level 3 in the run up to Christmas. But even the experts are saying what I keep saying. They will simply lock us down again after that. Keep locking us down until a working vaccine becomes available. I have said that all along. They never had a plan B. All they know is lockdown. Had to laugh when they said the death rate was down during this second wave. Yes. That is because the old and sick all died during the first wave. Other than that much the same as the UK about who can and can't visit during Christmas.
    Doesn’t your part of the world have a ton of Muslim refugees. London also has a Muslim mayor.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they start pushing for sharia everywhere. Once enough of the population there is Muslim there’s nothing you can do to stop them voting for it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Major backlash against the school and it done a U turn. They said how the girl's dressed were distracting teachers? Comments were all about why were teachers looking at them in any other way, than seeing them as young school kids. The school said ; Sorry ' and that was that. It was weird. How are these teachers looking at young school kids? Why is it distracting them? Perverts was used many times.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I think you’re seeing a general cultural change in that part of the world IMO

Attachment 4743

Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.