Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They're desperate to come up with a Brexit win. Because they havent prepared for it (Brexit Team at work still hasnt been given the "what we need to do for Brexit" or "how to trade GB-NI" information yet, for example). Come January it looks like there will be queues at the border, food shortages, job loses...so they need a benefit. Not sure it's much to do with the EU. The Swiss are not tied the EMA, and they're waiting. The US is waiting. It's been rushed in hopes of getting the economy going. Not sure I trust that.

We need to see what the vaccine does, how it works, does it reduce cases. But if reduces cases to the point where the NHS is not being overloaded - which is supposedly what they're basing the restrictions on - then the restrictions need to lift a bit. For all, not just those who were first in the queue. Which, yes, they should be first. Nothing will kill any sort of lockdown compliance like 60 year old Aunt Bessie going on her second cruise, whilst 20 year low-risk Emma is stuck self-isolating for the second time in a month, hasn't seen family and friends since March, and lost her job in retail.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Was it the swine flu vaccine they rushed a few years back and it was a botch up? That is my only fears. Putting everything on this one working. Anything goes wrong they will all be looking at each other not knowing what to do. Over here it was suggested our government get it first. LOL. Nice idea. They would have to do it on live TV. Few other big names have been put forward. Mainly people who the public hate. That shows what the public are thinking about the vaccine. Inject that lot first and let us see what it does to them. People are all saying the same thing about it been rushed through. So there is not a lot of trust in it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah they're supposedly going to have ours do it - or at least Boris - have it live on TV. If they have faith in its safety, why not?

Aye, its rushing it that worries me. Dont trust they've ensured it's safe enough, don't trust that they're not rushing it because they need the econony reopened. Guess we'll see, first doses are meant to be next week.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What I am picking up here in Ireland as another suggesting for using a rushed vaccine is that everything you have tried as a government has not worked so far. Lockdowns and restrictions. Both have failed badly. Last lockdown done nothing at all. You need something new to try. Oh look a vaccine. We all know the numbers will be very high around Christmas and into the New Year. You have two choices. Another lockdown or a vaccine that has not been approved by many people so far? Take your pick. Everybody is telling you a third lockdown will cripple the country. Just another view point on why some countries might dive at the chance of this vaccine even at a risk to people.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm so sick of this pandemic but even if a vaccine comes out, it will take awhile for everyone to have access. And of course there's going to be significant number of people who will refuse to take it, even if its proven safe. I would be surprised if things are back to normal by next summer. Can't bear the thought though. Trying to look at the positive - I haven't come down with a cold all year long so far which will be a record for me. I wouldn't mind if masks became a fixed part of life just for that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Younger people won't get it before the Summer. They will be working their way down the age groups. So life as it is now will continue for some time. As you rightly say, some won't get the vaccine at all. They don't have to. We all have an immune system. Even if half the population got the vaccine it might still work out.

Our latest lockdown was lifted Tuesday and the numbers yesterday were very high. This shows how things play out. They were high because of an error in their computer system. They were playing catch up with old data that was not recored a few weeks ago. Makes you wonder what the real numbers are. Now we know there have been some errors in the computer system.

Plus people want the suicide rate since Covid began. We know the figures in Ireland are high enough. They said they had not got that data at this moment in time. Which is BS. Lot of people have taken their own lives. People are blaming lockdowns. Be interesting to hear the numbers when they do release them.

Attachment 4745
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Maybe even higher than 70% vaccination rate. COVID is uncharted territory according to this article:

The U.S. has set its sights on herd immunity, a term describing when a large enough proportion of society is immune from infection and even those without immunity are indirectly protected because the virus cannot be readily transmitted from person to person.

How is “large enough” defined, when it comes to immunity to this coronavirus? Epidemiologists believe it could be around 70% of the population, but there’s little certainty, and it’s a moving target.

This number, known as the herd immunity threshold, is one of the major factors scientists are still puzzling over when it comes to how — or whether — coronavirus vaccines could achieve herd immunity.The threshold is determined largely by the virus’s transmissibility and how long immunity lasts. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ack-to-normal/

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Here is Dublin today. They only lift the lockdown and this is our main town. Heck, do they even imagine this will help things? Look at all the people. Fair to say zero social distancing.

Attachment 4746
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Here's the London version of that last night. No distancing here either. Idiots. Glad to see its not just the British doing it.

We're going to be lockdowned again January ffs.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I guess in England there are ‘first class’ and ‘second class’ citizens now LOL
    Attachment 4747

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Yet another report in Dublin of a gang attacking people with various weapons. WTF is happening out there. This only all began a few weeks. Don't know if they are bored or what is their issue. We have had hatchets used and hammers and knives. Seems to be a new story every day. But Dublin people joke they are hired by the government to make sure people stay at home. LOL The amount of attacks over the past few weeks. As people are told to take a walk in their local parks, these gangs know where to head towards and they jump people in these parks. Nobody killed as of yet. Few ended up in hospital. Then we had two gangs fighting in town. One bloke got lifted up and thrown in the river Liffey. Another bloke in a fancy car. Somebody steps out and throws a slab of concrete through the window. Then a mob pounce on the car. Like the bleeden wild west out there.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    I guess in England there are ‘first class’ and ‘second class’ citizens now LOL
    Attachment 4747
    Been like that for a while, even pre covid. Government has behaved like this all through the pandemic - one rule for them, another for us.

Things like that are an absolute joke, but people keep repeatedly voting for a party made up of upper-class toffs with an entitlement complex that behave like this.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Just curious about people coming home for Christmas from other countries. They are been allowed do it here. Expected in their thousands. We take the so called rules. Self isolate for 14 days. ( Which I don't think they will do ) That will have them self isolating on Christmas day and New Year's day. Others are saying to have them tested in the countries they are coming from. Negative and they can F off and stay away from Ireland. The country of a thousand welcomes. ( LOL ) Now this was another issue the government gave mixed messages about. Some said they would not be allowed home for Christmas. Then we hear it is up to each person to make their own minds up. if they want to come home they can. Yet something else our government seem to have no idea what each section of the government is planning. Granted, much like above, others have been allowed enter Ireland right the way throughout this whole pandemic. As was said, one rule for them and another for us.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Last night we had an announcement from someone within the government about a vaccine been rolled out before Christmas. Less than an hour later the leader of FF announces there will be no vaccine till next year. Again making me wonder do our government actually talk to each other? The last week has been a farce with announcements and counter announcements. Lockdown in January was mentioned again though. No surprise there.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    @CloudMaker you might enjoy this little one. Factual or not you can tell me.

NTERESTING !!!
    The Chinese biological laboratory in Wuhan is owned by Glaxo!
    Who, by chance, owns Pfizer! (the one who produces the vaccine!)
    Which, by chance, is managed by Black Rock finances.
    Who, by chance, manages the finances of the Open Foundation Company (SOROS FOUNDATION)!
    Which, by chance, serves the French AXA!
    Coincidentally,
    he owns the German company Winterthur.
    Who, by chance, built the Chinese laboratory in Wuhan!
    Accidentally bought by the German Allianz.
    Which, incidentally, has Vanguard as a shareholder.
    Which is a shareholder of Black Rock.
    Which controls the central banks and manages about ONE THIRD of the global investment capital.
    Which, incidentally, is a major shareholder of MICROSOFT
    The property of BILL GATES, who happens to be a shareholder of PFIZER (which sells the miracle VACCINE) and is currently the first sponsor of WHO !!!
    Can?t make this [BEEP] up !!!!
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.