Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Everyone sticks to at first, but then people start to get restless and bored. Six weeks into it and you can see people starting to push it. More cars on the road, more people out. Not helped by a certain Prime Minister hinting he *may* lift the lockdown, and the newspapers yesterday declaring "FREEDOM".

Not happening here though, Wales has just extended it for three weeks and Scotland is going to do the same. I'm meant to be moving house in June so, yeah. That might not happen.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It will be extended here again too. May 18th is the next date. Talk already of May 29th. All school exams have been cancelled this year. Now it is up to teachers to grade the students. Some won't care about it that way. Others will. So the option is there to sit the exams next year if some students want to. That shows you how far ahead the government is looking. Exams were set for end of July. Shows they don't think anything will be near normal by them.

Think a lot of people forget the basics of the rules. Go on as if nothing is wrong. Others are much better at things. They will hold back. Be patient. Get everybody thinking in the same way and life might be able to carry on with a new sort of normal. The ones doing things wrong are stopping that from happening. They are the ones in a hurry. Rest of us are chilled.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The ones doing things wrong are stopping that from happening. They are the ones in a hurry. Rest of us are chilled.
    I agree. Get the numbers down enough, and then we can get back to some normalcy. Supposedly it's being lifted a little here so that we can "exercise more than once a day." So maybe twice or something, I dunno.

Lots of covidiots in Britain today throwing street parties because it was a bank holiday/public holiday. We're going to have a sudden rise in cases in a weeks time, I suspect. I had to have words with my parents last night because they were supposedly going to go to one trying to convince them it was a bad idea.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    In the perfect new world, as we now know it today, everybody does as they are meant to do. That way things will open more quickly. Once they show they can go by the new rules. Things will simply be done slower with a bit of patience. When you see a number of people doing this, you see it does work. That way more shops can open. Limited numbers in them. Same markings on the ground of all shops. But shops have to play their part too. Making sure the rules are followed in their shops. No slacking off.

We are still getting clusters of infections here in Ireland. All seem to be in meat factories. Why meat factories is the quesation? Is a few other types of factories still open. No cases in any of them. My brothers are both still working. One works making chocolate. Think they are seriously trying to work out why it is only hitting the meat factories.

Street parties. Have been a few here too. My own mother just went out twice this week for short walks. She was looking at locals all sitting around on chairs and saying there is no way they are the right distance from each other. Less than a foot between them all as they sat in a circle. Two were elderly. One had cancer about 2 years back. So high risk. But I suppose you can't all sit six feet apart. They would all shouting things over to each other. If we are to be real about it, three feet is the best you can expect even in shops. Once people are not in your face.

Longer they break the rules, the longer the lockdown will be in place.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Still having lots of shortages here for stables. I wanted to plant my herbs and tomatoes outside. Everything, everywhere is sold out.

Now even fresh produce items are missing.

I have a lot of frozen and dried food so I should be ok.

Just miss all the fresh produce we used to have.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Way I am viewing it here is if there are outbreaks in meat factories could that mean it is coming from the meat itself? One factory and you would think nothing of it. Five factories and it opens eyes. All dealing in meat. Kind of strange to say the least.

Is a lot of fresh food here. If that is what people want. My own mother goes frozen as it lasts longer. She is the only one in this house eating it. People seem to be doing nothing but gardening here. Talking only flowers. The garden centre closed down around here. So buying seeds you would have to go elsewhere. No idea where the nearest place is. I assume it would be shut. At least for another 2 weeks.

Today a neighbour put up a bouncy castle in her front garden. What are people not getting about this whole virus thing? She was letting anybody who wanted to go on it, use it. As long as their parents were OK with it. Baffles the mind.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    A bouncy castle is going to be a germ factory, unless she's wiping it thoroughly down after every kid gets out.

I needed to get meat for my dog and the shelves were empty at store. Meat has replaced toilet paper as the hot ticket item. I don't think the shelves are empty just because of the factory issues. People are hoarding it. Toilet paper was available, though. Chlorox wipes, nope. I was shocked that there's still a long line of people waiting to get in even a half hour before opening. I thought things were getting back to normal. There's more traffic on the streets I noticed.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Way I am viewing it here is if there are outbreaks in meat factories could that mean it is coming from the meat itself? One factory and you would think nothing of it. Five factories and it opens eyes. All dealing in meat. Kind of strange to say the least.

Is a lot of fresh food here. If that is what people want. My own mother goes frozen as it lasts longer. She is the only one in this house eating it. People seem to be doing nothing but gardening here. Talking only flowers. The garden centre closed down around here. So buying seeds you would have to go elsewhere. No idea where the nearest place is. I assume it would be shut. At least for another 2 weeks.

Today a neighbour put up a bouncy castle in her front garden. What are people not getting about this whole virus thing? She was letting anybody who wanted to go on it, use it. As long as their parents were OK with it. Baffles the mind.
    I think you’re on to something. The “globalists” have been pushing this vegan nonsense for a long time. Lot more profitable to keep us eating vegetables and easier to control people who are protein deficient. Really convenient meat is the main food industry affected.

I will NOT eat soy. I will NOT eat bugs. I will NOT live in a pod. I will NOT be vaccinated.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Meat processing plants around the world are reporting loads of infected workers. As we were told this virus came from an animal to begin with, believe that or not, I am wondering if it got back to some animals and thus you might infected meat. Or even in the frozen aspect of the meat. The virus got onto the meat somewhere along the line. Did look it up last night. This seems to be in every country. Until they find out why it is happening I think people have to be carefyl with meat. Though that has not been said by any medical experts. They did not say there was anything wrong with the meat. Mind you they did not give any answer at all as to why these workers around the world are all been infected.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It's the working conditions of meat plants. It's horrible.

"According to the CDC?s latest report, the chief risks to meatpackers come from being in prolonged close proximity to other workers. A thousand people might work a single eight-hour shift, standing shoulder to shoulder as carcasses whiz by on hooks or conveyor belts. ....And meat processing plants have other unique characteristics that are trickier to modify, like the very cold temperatures and aggressive ventilation systems required to prevent meat from spoiling or getting contaminated with pathogens that cause foodborne illness. These features could also be contributing to the high rates of infection among slaughterhouse workers, says Sima Asadi, a chemical engineer at UC Davis. ?Low temperatures allow the virus to stay viable outside the body for longer, increasing the survival of the virus in the air,? she says. ?That really increases the risk of infection in these plants.?
    https://www.wired.com/story/why-meat...-19-hot-spots/

It's like anyplace that's packed, like prisons, the virus can spread easily. I don't think the meat itself from meat processing plants can contribute to the spread. I'm glad a lot of workers opted not to show up for work. Can't blame them.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    That is why the lockdown needs to stay in place. Too many people together will lead to a second outbreak. England have eased the restrictions. Rest of the UK are against it. Is Boris by himself. Here in Ireland there was slight let up in restrictions. Certain workers allowed go back to work. Under certain conditions. It is a second outbreak they fear. China and S Korea have seen more cases since lifting restrictions. Which begs the question of is there is really a way back? More people out there, the higher the risk for everybody. Nobody has gotten it right as of yet. Some thought they had. Only to see more cases again. Germany is another example. Thought they were doing great. So eased the restrictions. WHAM. Loads more cases.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    My family is living in England, it's a mess. TV address last night was very, very confusing. Little excuse because it was pre-recorded. And once again, he failed to make it clear that the rules had only changed in England.

The slogan has changed to "Stay Alert, Control the virus, Save lives". Nobody has a bloody clue what that means. How do you stay alert to an invisible, microscopic virus? Are you supposed to use magic powers to control it?

After the huge street party scenes this weekend, there will be a second wave.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Was listening here. What on Earth is the man doing? It is like he saying to everybody in the world ' we will go first '. Throw people back out there and see what happens. Think we all know the answer to that one. On the radio this morning it said the tube stations were packed? As were trains? Trying to figure out how as work starts in another 2 days. They might have been talking about what it will be like. Might have missed the start of it. My thinking is the economy. Brexit was going to screw things up already. Can he afford a double hit? Send them out now. Let them get infected. Get it over with. Only the man has no idea of how bad it will really get. Might be putting thousands to death. The other countries have all come out against him. His plans are not their plans. Odd when you think that the DUP, who hate us Irish, are willing to go along with us. Slower time frame. Things will reopen. But not just yet. Building sites are first to open here. That will be looked at. Can they do it the right way? From that they will learn. Schools won't be opening here any day soon. Talking maybe September. School exams all cancelled. Be interested to see what the DUP decide. Said they would make a statement later. I am thinking they will hold back a bit. How much in line with the rest of Ireland will they accept? To them they can't be seen as making it look like a united Ireland. Might be a middle ground.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    LA to extend their lockdown by 3 months. The Bloods and The Crips will be gunning to get back out.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.