Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Given what they did with building that little island in the international waters.....creepy times.
    The virus ruined things in our country, that's for sure. That's one of the things China wanted to happen so they would try to get ahead.

Multiple islands have been built I believe. Truth be told it's a clever move by the Chinese government. An unconventional way of redrawing the lines without firing a shot.Economic power house worldwide. Formidable military in the region.It is still difficult for them to project power world wide though.Taiwan is considered a breakaway rebel province by the Chinese government. North Korea and South Korea are technically still at war.Obvious flash points.

Proving that Covid 100% was leaked from a lab will be very difficult.Proving if it was done intentionally is nigh impossible.

The real question I think is how to hold them accountable.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Lucid View Post
    Multiple islands have been built I believe. Truth be told it's a clever move by the Chinese government. An unconventional way of redrawing the lines without firing a shot.Economic power house worldwide. Formidable military in the region.It is still difficult for them to project power world wide though.Taiwan is considered a breakaway rebel province by the Chinese government. North Korea and South Korea are technically still at war.Obvious flash points.

Proving that Covid 100% was leaked from a lab will be very difficult.Proving if it was done intentionally is nigh impossible.

The real question I think is how to hold them accountable.
    I don't hold a lot of hope with our government, but I can see the UN and NATO getting involved, unfortunately.

We have a VP blaming our incoming illegal immigration surge on mistreatment of women and climate change, if that gives you any indication about what I am talking about. It's our President's fault for letting them in! We know it's to mess with our elections again by bringing in extra votes. But.....If I hear "root cause" come out of her mouth one more time without going into detail about what it is, I am going to mute her when I see her on my television screen.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I hate saying this - but unfortunatley, I think we are in the long to medium term, heading for a conflict with China. Let's say it invades Taiwan - think if they do, it'd be a while off, least until till they are sure they'd win- good chance the US would get involved. Good chance that Nato would be called on, quite a few would follow the US in. China might well lose. Would be Xi's legacy if he failed. May find himself ousted over that. For now they'll likely huff and puff, but do not much else.

China is a permanent member of the UN Security Council - so it has a veto. It will almost certainly veto anything against it.

Illegal immigration - don't know much about the situation in central America over there, dont generally see Central Americans claiming it here (ocean reasons) - mostly get North Africans and Middle Easterners fleeing war. Likely a lot more complicated than the VP says though, at a guess.

Environments come up a lot though because it's the hot topic at G7 this year (that and tax). So everyone has decided to talk about it. They'll probably agree it's bad, and not do much else. Might well see climate refugees in a decade or so though, moving Northwards from the extreme weather.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Hard to explain were we stand in Ireland right now. People coming to Ireland from the UK will have a longer stay indoors. Because of the latest variants. We had gone very soft on UK visitors. I always said too soft. That is should be the same for anybody from any country entering Ireland.

Vaccination wise? I still think we are doing it too slow. Our government think a different way. We are only a small country. Yet they are only starting on people below the age of 40. Kind of makes me smile. They had said you take what you are offered. Now you can get a jab in your local chemist. They will be making more various types available. Is a bit like having a choice. I did say that would happen. If you had thousands who would accept one vaccine and not another, it only made sense you want those thousands done. So you give them what they want. Better than not having them done at all.

Nearly all places are opened now. We shall see how the vaccines are working. First bit of shopping earlier this week in a clothes shop. Last time would have been over 6 months ago. When they let them open for the Christmas. Which was a disaster. Everywhere has been shut for about 6 months. But if we take before Christmas, they were shut for about 5 months then. So 1 month out of the past year they were allowed to open. Hence it is known we had some of the toughest restrictions in the world.

Now we sit and watch. See how things play out. It will take a month or two to know. Hospitals are reporting zero Covid cases for the first time since the pandemic began. Case of watch this space.

As for China. I do think somebody should invade China. And everybody should back them. Unless China is honest about were this whole bloody Covid thing came from. Nobody buys the whole Bat story any more. I hear they have a new vaccine now. I am sure it is easier for them as they know the history of Covid. Which they are not telling anybody else. I know what I say about invading them and making them talk is in jest. If they were to go to war with a neighbouring country it would be a good excuse to jump in. We have seen countries get involved in wars against the wishes of NATO and the UN before. Mainly the US and the UK. So what would stop them this time? I know Biden is more of a talker. Well he tries to talk. Poor man. More of a diplomat would be the right word. That is the way it seems to go in the US with the two main sides. Bush and Trump would jump at the chance of a war. Obama and Clinton, although wars were had, they were diplomats. If they could get an answer a different way they would. Biden would be the same. Try talking first and for as long as possible. No jumping straight in.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So, the UK Situation -

Delta/Indian Variant is here...because they didn't put India on the redlist right when it was out of control. This is where returns who were not British/Irish/UK Residents were not allowed to enter, and those who entered had to quarantine for 10 days in a hotel. Which raises the question of what the actual [BEEP] that hotel policy was for if not for "preventing variants of concern from seeding in the UK." Supposedly because Boris decided that in the post-brexit era, a trade deal with India would look very good and he wanted a photograph with modi. It is nuts - the surrounding countries were redlisted because of the variant. But not India. It is elsewhere now as well. Looks like Portugal decided to cordon off Lisbon because of delta. I would not be surprised to see similiar elsewhere soon.

Travel is a bit off for most - you want to enter? You will need a test. Multiple, actually. Pay for that yourself, mind. Healthcare being free if it's actually needed for a medical reason. They are not cheap. At best, you're reentering from a "Green" country. There are not so many of those that are actually feasible to get to - those that are are Gibraltar and Iceland. Now to get back from one of those places? You need a test before you board the plane. Average cost? ?50. This can be a lateral flow, the "in 30 mintues" quick ones. Then you get back. You need a test on day 2. Have to book that in advance. A full PCR this time. Cost of this? Average ?120. This is for everyone over the age of 11, regardless of vaccine status, so multiply that by however many people in the family are travelling. This doesn't include the costs of tests to enter whatever country you are going to. Also not free. Costs go up even further if you go to an "Amber" country. More tests needed if you come from there, and you will have to quarantine at home for 10 days. If you go for a week away? Well it's feasible if you work from home, but a lot of employers won't let you take more than 10 days off in a row.

Add to this Portugal - taken off the greenlist at short notice. Caused panic. So those over there had a few days to book a test in Portugal and get that done, then get on a flight before the greenlist deadline. A lot missed, and were hit with the Amber "must quarantine" rules. Questions now being asked by anyone else going abroad. "What if this happens to me? Can I really afford to be sat at home for an extra 10 days if my country is amberlisted?" So a lot of bookings have switched over to a week in the Channel Islands, apparently.

Most things are open here - rules in place regarding wearing masks, in theory we're supposed to socially distance. They have sped up the gap between the 2 vaccines now - down from 12 weeks to 8. Opened up vaccine bookings officially to 18+ now in England. Website crashed when they did that. So much for "the young won't get vaccinated."
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    So far we have only had 14 cases of the Delta variant. That is why tighter restrictions were put in place for those coming from the UK. The cases we had here, most had arrived from the UK. Head medical expert said there is no pressure on anybody to get the vaccine. But those who do will be able to live a normal life again. Is that not pressure? One of those statements we just laughed at. Dublin is still crazy. All the fighting on the streets still going on. Ramdom strangers attacking people. Then we have the planned stuff. Police versus rioters. Place has just gone craxy. Were hospital are reporting no Covid patients, there is an increase in people with stab wounds and others with various injuries after some crazy attack. People might be getting pissed off over everything. But the way they are taken it out on innocent people is just wrong.

We see the North too. DUP gets a new leader. What does he do after a week? He stands down. All got to do with him not been hard line enough. I did say a while back they wanted somebody more hard line. This whole Irish language bill came into play again. The North not actually having any say in it. It was going to be passed by the British government. So the new DUP leader was seen as weak by those in his party. He had to appoint a first and second person to take office in the North. He picked himself and his friend. As a rule the party gets to vote. He had no choice but to stand down. So now they have a certain time frame to find another leader. All going to be about who will stand up to the British government. Be more hard line. Biden had a word with Boris about the North. Talking about a trade deal between the UK and the US. That is will happen. But he has to keep his word, that he gave, about the North. Make what you want out of that. Open ended sort of wording. Sounded like Biden was saying the trade deal is there is you do right by the North.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Little added extra about the North. Loyalist terrorists put a statement telling the DUP that they are not allowed deal with politicians from the Republic and to not give Sinn Fein any concessions at all. This is the DUP that have always claimed to have no links with Loyalists at all. This should get interesting.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Biden is of Irish descent, isn't he? Huge Irish lobby over there. But it was always there - do not screw with the Northern Irish peace, we will veto any US-UK deal if you do that. Biden is just being a lot more blunt and explicit about it. My opinion on this? Boris and co will make an awful lot of noise about it, but they will eventually come to an agreement with the EU on reducing checks. Probably a fudge of some sort at the eleventh hour. DUP will probably still throw a tantrum about that. They will probably be ignored here.

The Irish language act? Well played by Sinn Fein. Go around DUP to get it passed. Will likely pass parliment. Not the only place that would have such legislation. Welsh Language Act is in place in Wales that does the same thing there. Do have blunders with that one though when some idiot decides to rely on Google Translate. Once had the store near me translate "Alchohol free" to "Alchohol, no cost".

It is a race now here with delta - get as many people jabbed fast, get people there second doses. Seems to be younger people getting it now rather than the older had two doses. Deaths still fairly low from it. Turned quite a few football stadiums in London into walk ins open to all 18+. Huge queues at those.

Edit - On the China front? Rumours here that there was a high level defection from China to US...and handed over information about where covid came from. Seems that why there is an investigation.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    One side in the US always seem to have Irish connections. The other side don't. Always the way it has been. The diplomats / nice ones have their Irish roots. Ones who liked a good war and no talking never had any Irish roots at all. Good way to get the Irish vote. The Irish language act is already passed and has to be implemented by a certain date. Nothing the DUP can do about it. Other than moan. That was one reason the new leader was out before he hardly sat down. He had to approve it. Not something hard line members liked. Loyalists hated it even more. Hence they got involved.

Is a speed up on the second doses of the AZ vaccine here too. We have a few cases of the Delta variant. Better safe than sorry. I do think if they knew were Covid really came from they would be able to start looking in the right places for an answer. I do hope there is at least sanctions placed on China. For not been honest from the start. With all the deaths it has caused.

Boris wants his trade deal with the US. He made his promises about the North. Changed his mind at the last second. Playing games with the EU. So to have Biden get involved is good for everybody except Boris. Kind of like asking ' what is it to be then '. One or the other.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    One side in the US always seem to have Irish connections. The other side don't. Always the way it has been. The diplomats / nice ones have their Irish roots. Ones who liked a good war and no talking never had any Irish roots at all. Good way to get the Irish vote. The Irish language act is already passed and has to be implemented by a certain date. Nothing the DUP can do about it. Other than moan. That was one reason the new leader was out before he hardly sat down. He had to approve it. Not something hard line members liked. Loyalists hated it even more. Hence they got involved.

Is a speed up on the second doses of the AZ vaccine here too. We have a few cases of the Delta variant. Better safe than sorry. I do think if they knew were Covid really came from they would be able to start looking in the right places for an answer. I do hope there is at least sanctions placed on China. For not been honest from the start. With all the deaths it has caused.

Boris wants his trade deal with the US. He made his promises about the North. Changed his mind at the last second. Playing games with the EU. So to have Biden get involved is good for everybody except Boris. Kind of like asking ' what is it to be then '. One or the other.
    Our eastern side is more European and our western side is a bit more Asian and our southern side is Hispanic. It does kind of generalize, though.

It's good for everybody except our JOEjanHorse. HE has made us Doormat to the World. We have people flooding in our country unchecked. They won't go to the border because (1) they don't want to take responsibility and (2) this is how the Democratic Party gets their power. They think all these people are going to vote for them. They are all not even from Central America!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Next stage in opening the country up looks like it will be put off for a while. Blaming the Delta variant. Shows how much they trust the vaccines. If the refuse to open things up fully now, will it ever happen? People will get fed up. They are already fed up. If there was an election tomorrow this government would be out the door. Have to take a risk at some point in time. See how things play out. Can't keep on going as we are going.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Funny you should mention that- had a byelection in a parliamentary seat not far from where I live. Usually votes for Boris's party. Has done for the last fifty years. This time? Voted Liberal Democrat. Completely out of the blue, polling said that wouldnt happen. Now a whole load of other reasons why they did that, but "incompetently managed the covid crisis" and "delayed coming out of lockdown" (delta) no doubt tipped the balance. Probably wont be repeated at a byelection in another part of the country this month.

Dominic Cummings has started a Twitter account. Started doing AMA sessions, made a newsletter. Boris is a "gaffe machine", the government is in the entertainment industry. Really doesnt seem to like the health minister. Lot of criticism for him. I think if someone asked him "who shot JFK?", his answer would be "the health minister".

Edit - New one here. Cases are highest in 20-29 (not vaccinated yet.) Lowest in those who have had 2 already.case numbers are up again - at February levels, but by the looks of it, numbers ventilated + deaths aren't at the level we had pre-vaccibate the vulnerable.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Pretty convenient the Delta variant pops up right when things are supposed to go back to normal! They never planned on getting back to normal imo. They even made up a ‘delta plus’ variant already. They’ll just keep making up new variants so you have to get the boosters every year. Big money to be made. Lockdowns also keep small businesses from being able to compete with the rich companies.

Speaking of money governor gruesome announced in California he was going to use our tax money to pay all the back owed rent for everyone who hasn’t paid it this whole time! OMG!!! I guess [BEEP] ME SIDEWAYS for paying mine responsibly. I’m so sick of this state I can’t wait to retire and move

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I am sure we will see even more variants before this is all over with. I think I said in an earlier post, if it hits another country bad, they say it is a new variant. Different from all the other variants. Lord knows how many variants we will end up with. I see it as a fall back excuse if things don't go right. Say the vaccines fail. That would make the health experts look bad. Make the government look bad too. Let us all blame the new variants. In other words they have not got a clue about how things will work out. Strange thing about here in Ireland is that they clearly stated that the next leg of the easing of restrictions might be cancelled because of the Delta variant which there are a lot of cases of in Derry. That been in the North of Ireland. They say it will take over as the main strain of Covid. No idea why they used the North of Ireland as an example.

As for any elections? First one we have will see Sinn Fein in power. They learned from the last election. They will run more people this time around. This government is hated by most of the country. As a rule in local elections people tend to vote against the government. Kick up the rear end for them.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The opposition is useless, so they might well still win here gone from full on socialist to useless. But they could lose the South to the a third party, the Liberal Democrats. Lot of anger here with Boris. I would put money on my seat turning lib dem next time. Not just covid. Load of other reasons. But mismangement of it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Wasting money on a royal yacht here. No clue why. Rumours of pensions getting cut. Can only afford to give medics a pay rise of 1% apparently. And my tax money is going to buy a 200mil yacht. Royals dont even seem to want the yacht.

Dom now seems to have sent pictures of the health secretary having sex with his aide to the front page news. Really doesnt seem to like the health secretary much. Hell hath no fury like Dominc Cummings scorned.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.