Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    This is just an example of how some people have gotten. The woman in this story is the first one I have come across to have actually said anything to me at least. it was in the shops yesterday. I just walked in. Place was almost empty. She followed me in and stopped me and told me I never Sanatized my hands before entering the shops. I made it clear that I had gloves on. My hands would not be touching a single thing in the shops. Did she expect me to sanatize my gloves? She told me to remove them and sanatize my hands and then put them back on. I said ' what's the bloody point '. Before I left my house I had washed my hands. i had put my gloves on. I had not passed one person on my way to the shops. ' And you really need to get a life '. then i did point out she was standing too close to me. Not observing social distancing rules. I just found it funny. My own view on the whole thing is how many other actually touch that hand sanatizer machine? Probably thousands. Then you have the shop fridges. My gloves were not those latex type. Just normal gloves. I do wash them every other day. I wear them so I am not touching everything / anything in the shop. When she saw she was getting nowhere with me she moved on to somebody else. No. She did not work in the shop. Just a woman with a lot of time on her hands and nothing better to do. I thought I done good from holding back and not telling her to go F off and bug somebody else.
    Wow - I don't see anybody here wear gloves! We all have masks on - the grocery store. It sounds like you have some Karens in your area. In Ireland, maybe it's Corinnes lol. They are the ones with bad hairdos that "have to speak to the manager" lol. During the Corona, YouTube videos of AmeriKarens popping up everywhere snapping at people and managers.

Quote Otherside View Post
    Hearing a lot about "long covid" here which sounds terrifying. Some saying it's a high as 1 in 20, leaves you completely debilitated. Had people on the news saying they have lung damage, nerve damage. Serious symptoms for a very long time with.

Colleagues been off sick with it for the last month. Said in an email this morning he that he fees breathless everytime he leaves his bed to go to the bathroom. Seem to know more people that have had it this past two weeks than I have at any point since this began.
    I go to a men's group and one of the guys caught the Corona the first week of November and quarantined for two weeks and everything. As of mid-December, his senses of taste and smell were still a mess. I made a point to ask him this week if anything has improved. So, as of mid-January, his taste has almost completely returned, but the smell still lacks. Over two months after the Corona, he still has lingering symptoms. Other than that, he has physically recovered. This, and a second guy in my group has the Corona and will be quarantining through at least January 17. We found out six days after we saw him....so it was borderline on if we should have quarantined. He said he did not have any symptoms last week when we saw him and everybody wears a mask and socially distances. Today, I wonder if there is some breathing problems with me - tight chest, but I ran last night, didn't get enough sleep and took a nap today. I don't think it's the Corona.

Fighting off the hypochondriasis!!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The thing is they don't know about long term effects. Probably won't until 10 or 20 years after the pandemic ends. Only way you will know about long term effecfts is when they happen. Which can be said about their vaccines as well. Short term side effects can be easily worked out. Long term side effects? Heck they would need to wait a few years to know the answer to that one. One interesting thing they said in this country was that everybody will at least have one symptom of the virus. Not sure what they were getting at with that one. Their way of telling us we will all have it? Even if it is a weaker version. Losing track of the years here. But when I was in hospital with the burst ulcer. one thing I had was no taste and no smell at all. Might happen with a few things. When I first read that was a side effect of this virus I thought back to that time in hospital. An apple and an onion would have tasted the same to me. Nothing had any taste at all. It was freaky when I did try and eat. Simply couldn't taste what you had in your mouth. I put it down to all the heavy medication and drips they had me on at that time. Was just odd to see it as a symptom of Covid. I did joke that I had been there and done that in 2019.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So one year after the beginning of the pandemic, we have decided it's time to shut our borders! Whoopedy doo, should have done that when the whole thing began. (Or rather you now have the qurantine when you fly back in
    and take a test before you fly back to the UK, but for some reason it's being called "shutting the borders" on the news. Why we didn't do any of that earlier though I dont know.)

Vaccinations are supposedly going well - we're supposedly at 5% of pop, although we're only giving everyone 1 jab for now rather than the 2. Rumours they're thinking of having the vaccine centres open 247. Which is going to rely on people actually being willing to turn up for an appointment at 3am.

Woke up coughing this morning, but no other symptoms? Haven't lost my sense of taste or anything. Probably just the usual cough and cold that's going around. Still...ordered a test which required a "credit check to verify my identity" (??...I mean I guess they don't want a 13 year old ordering a whole load under a fake name because "just a prank bro" or something) and which is being delivered by Amazon of all people.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Hope you are OK. Was reading yesterday about a lack of staff at terminals for the ferry. Nobody to check paperwork. Thus big delays. Then those with wrong paperwork after waiting in line some time for days. Shelves are emptying out in Tesco very quickly. Mostly their own branded food. You have no idea how much is their own branded food till something like this happens.

Have one one brother who got the jab. He works in a hospital. Raging debate here because those working in private hospitals got the vaccine first. Is one private hospital refusing to take in public patients. The rest have agreed to help out. All eyes are on this one private hospital. Publicity for them is bad.

As for people coming from other countries? Negative tests must be showm. Unless you are coming from the North of Ireland. Then you can just enter the Republic. That has caused a bit of a stir as well. Because things are not great up North. Yet they don't have to be tested at all to enter the Republic.

Are two vaccines in use in Ireland. Slow going. Even talk of a year long lockdown. Till everybody get the vaccine. Can't see that one happening.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The EU slapping a ban on vaccines from the UK. Saying they have not been tested fully. Be interesting to see were this ones ends up as they are not offering an alternative answer. Bit like saying ' don't take that, but we have nothing else to offer in its place '.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    The EU slapping a ban on vaccines from the UK. Saying they have not been tested fully. Be interesting to see were this ones ends up as they are not offering an alternative answer. Bit like saying ' don't take that, but we have nothing else to offer in its place '.
    Would you rather get a virus with a 99%+ survival rate in those who aren’t elderly/obese or voluntarily take experimental gene therapy???

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The same vaccine has be given to hundreds of Irish people already. There are 2 in the UK. The Oxford one is like the flu jab. Get it every year. Something is better than nothing for some people. As the virus has returned to nursing homes again. If the vaccine can save their lives, use the bloody thing.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    The same vaccine has be given to hundreds of Irish people already. There are 2 in the UK. The Oxford one is like the flu jab. Get it every year. Something is better than nothing for some people. As the virus has returned to nursing homes again. If the vaccine can save their lives, use the bloody thing.
    They can be the guinea pigs then! I’m not getting a gene altering vaccine that governments have released companies from having all liability over dear god

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If the person was going to die anyway? Even if it gives them a few more years. Not talking young people here. Talking nursing homes. As the virus is spreading through the nursing homes. Choice of gamble and hope they don't catch the virus or gamble and give them the vaccine and a few more years of life.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Saw the EU was being a bit slow and having vaccine problems. Being slow approving, had problems using its bulk-buying scheme to buy?

In a way, glad that we don't have to deal with that. Saw at least one country had broken ranks and gone to buy Russia's Sputnik vaccine.

We might well be approving fast, but we're out of options other than to. There's the new variant here which is a lot more deadly it seems, plus the long covid we're now seeing. Only elderly people getting it at the moment. Think they've started with the over 70s now.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I think the main issue is the new strains of the virus. They seem to be taken over and the vaccine is not working on them. That's if I'm picking it up right. They did mumble on about lack of research. That the people getting the vaccine in the UK were been used as lab rats. Latest from here is that there will be no vaccine for another 6 months. So it would appear Ireland has done a big U turn as they were using what the UK were using. Story changes every day. Tomorrow we might be hearing something different.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've seen that theres rumours that the vaccine might not be so good against the South African Strain. Vaccine being rushed does worry me a little - but we've got little choice to be honest. We're approaching 100k dead, we have huge numbers of infections and deaths per day thanks to how badly it was handled. Taking one of the worst economic hits because of it.

EU in general would have taken the slower, more cautious route, so it not approving it isn't a surprise. Seems to be having supply problems though. Rumours here that they didn't buy enough? Or that France pressured the EU into not buying more of the Pfizer one than it did of the Sanofi/French one? (which now doesn't work). Who knows.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Thank you interweb gods For VR this year! I was able to exercise with "friends' in Beat Saber, go to virtual haunted houses, corn mazes, etc through "Sinister Halloween" and Phantasm.

California is still in lockdown after almost a entire year! Most of our students are having severe mental issues and our facility is having problems as well.

JEBUS.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    This month has seen the most deaths in Ireland since this all began. Lot of hospital staff coming down with too. Even though they got the vaccine. My brother works in a hospital. He got the vaccine too. Now they question why the staff are coming down with the virus. Raises questions about the vaccine.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    This month has seen the most deaths in Ireland since this all began. Lot of hospital staff coming down with too. Even though they got the vaccine. My brother works in a hospital. He got the vaccine too. Now they question why the staff are coming down with the virus. Raises questions about the vaccine.
    OMG I didn’t know about your brother
    I’m so sorry
    People in medical fields are at much higher risk

Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.