Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I dont know. I do wonder of some of these people do want to be told that they have to have the vaccine. A few are protesting enforced vaccination...something which does not exist in the UK (with the exception of if its needed to enter another country, nothing we can do about that -, we are guests and it is not for us to tell, say, Israel who they can or cannot admit), and which has no chance of passing through parliment - much as Boris would have liked to have had Vaccine Passports.

Or protesting enforced mass testing - not a thing.

Theyve made up some fantasy where they live in an authoritarian state where these things exist and that they need to protest against it - often using talking points and conspiracies that come from a certain other country on the other side of the world - which literally have nothing to do with us. ?100, these people will be protesting this in July when all the restrictions are due to be lifted.

Wouldnt mind so much if all they were doing during these so called peaceful protests was waving a few placards outside of Westminster, rather than harassing people who are trying to get on with there day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    These types of morons would always find something to protests. If we had no pandemic they would be protesting something else. Is always the same people. Is like they have nothing better to do. Amazing how they can even protests on work day. Some do have jobs. ' Can I take an hour off to protest '. They are never happy with life. Never happy with a normal protest either. Has to end up in a battle with the police or other members of the public. Which, to me, shows their true aim. Fighting. Destroy things. Have to admit they have it nailed down better in the US. The fools who destroy their home towns. Then moan about things not been opened. ' That is because you burned it down '. We see it on a smaller scale. Last protest in Dublin ended up with the riot police getting stuck in. Now they try the whole BLM crap here. Never really took off. Two marches and it died out. That is were they up it in the US. Be like myself and my neighbours burning everything on this road and then still bloody moaning about things. I know it is a very thin line in the US between black and white. Have to thread carefully. Watching your wording. The police are in a no win situation. Let black police arrest black people if that is what it takes. Any excuse to run riot will do. Don't need a cause. Just make something up and protest over it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Protests here were considered a mass gathering for a while and were illegal under lockdown rules. But got a bit uncomfortable for gov I think after a women was abducted and murdered, people turned up to vigils, pictures appeared in the news of people being arrested.

The BLM ones here - we had a few last year. Ended up pulling a statue down and tossing it in the sea. Then a few people convinced themselves that a statue of Winston Churchill was the next target and that they all needed to travel to London to defend it. Got a bit silly really.

Extinction Rebellion are another lot that seem to pop up every now and then. Hold several days of protests involving people in fancy dress and interpretive dance. Generally cause disruption by sitting places and refusing to move. Like telling us all that the world is going end within the next few year. Then some of them jumped on top of an underground train at rush hour to protest. Got dragged off the top by the commuters. Very strange why they did that. It's an electric powered public transport. You'd think that's what they want people to use, rather than cars. Once had someone glue themselves to the top of a plane. Ryanair probably looked at that and wondered whether it would be feasible to stick passengers on the roof.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Let us change it up for a post. Last night on the radio was a wee Scottish lass talking. Talking about what? The UK plans for a nuclear attack on the UK in the 1980's. Poor girl could hardly keep herself from laughing. The plans were just so stupid. They began by building this amazing bunker. Alas they thought, the Russians probably know about it, so plan B was hatched. This was what to do with those important people. The Government and the Royals. Plan A was this bunker. When it goes on to plan B you begin to laugh. They decided it would be best to go in different directions. Two head that way. Two the other way. Two yet another way. The logic, some will die. Those who survive form a new government. Even had a ferry on a Loch in Scotland for some. Had a special something on the outside of it to make sure any fall out dust didn't stick to the ferry. But she did ask ' what exactly would be left for any government to govern '. Very good question indeed.

Now there was never a plan for the ordinary people per say. If you had a big house brick up your windows. That would really help against a nuclear bomb. Then a really odd thing about bodies. Each house was to be handed special bags. Somebody died, you put them in the bag and bury them in your back garden. Say what? In other words they were telling the public there would no help at all. You will be on your own. If you lived in a flat complex, you were all but screwed.

Then there was the part about it was all over. They expected millions of bodies. Their plan was to take them out to sea in ships and sink the ships. They did make out millions of books explaining all of this. But the books never did get sent out to the public. I am sure you could find a copy on the net to read.

But there is more. The Americans wanted to know the effect of such a bomb on humans. Closest thing, skin wise, is pigs. About the same thickness. But one American general wanted to see what it would do to army uniforms. Get ready for it. He had special uniforms made for the pigs. Then they would simply put them in a test site and blow them up. The poor girl was almost crying with the laughter about the pig uniforms.

I think in the end they knew there would not be much left if a nuclear bomb did hit. Was both interesting and amusing hearing these plans they had at the ready.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    If the nukes are ever fired off, we're all dead anyway. Say Russia had fired one at the US. US would have fired back. Would have wiped us all out. Might have managed to stick a few people in a bunker but how long would they have lasted after that? There would have been no supplies out there.

Here of these prepper people. Have booked a place in a bunker in case things all go to hell. Doubt theyd be able to drive to those bunkers in time. Quite a few tech bros who seem to be preppers, seem to think if the apocalypse happens theyd be number 1. Dont know why theyd think that.

Me? If the apocalypse happens, fairly sure I'd die.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Here is a link to the UK booklet for the general public. It is kind of pointless. Because they would not survive. Comes with pictures as well. Throw some water over any fires? never would have thought of that one. This fire might be a bit too big. Is worth skimming through to just see what they were telling people. See a picture of a man build a wall were his window is. Again, what is the bloody point? Chances are you are going to be dead anyway. This was the 1980's. Not the 2000's. Might have them firing from many directions these days. back then Russia was the country they feared. The whole cold war thing.

http://atomica.co.uk/main.htm
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So everything indoors reopening next week. As in cafes, bars, restaurants. Much as I've enjoyed sitting outside drinking beer, it will be nice to not be sat in the cold. Cinemas reopening up. And we are apparently allowed to travel next week. Half the countries on the list are either not letting us in though, or are kind of not accessible because you needed a permit to fly there to begin with. About the only ones doable are Gibralatar, Iceland and Portugal. Few newspapers here at the moment are throwing a fit and demanding that Spain and Greece are put on there, because people have booked holidays that aren't refundable for the May half term and they won't be able to go. Not as if "Spain won't be on the list" wasn't in the news for the last however long providing a hint to that.

On the subject of Boris Johnsons finances - he has been issued with a County Court Judgement regarding an unpaid debt of ?535. Was back in October, still has not been repaid. Apparently not related to the wallpaper fiasco. Do wonder how on earth he's struggling to repay ?535 though on an ?150k salary. How on earth is he that bad with money?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Restrictions easing slowly here. We are way behind on vaccinations. So things will not open as quickly. You can get your hear cut. Click and collect places are opened too. Churches are back open. More people allowed and weddings and funerals. One major issue is husbands not been allowed to visit wives who just gave birth. Health experts have said it is fins to do so. Is the hospitals stopping it. Bit of a weird one really. You have the hospitals going against the health experts. Maternity hospitals. They will probably cave in. Too much pressure coming on them. But we are seeing some cases in schools now. Load sent home from school today. Is a case of what to do about kids. Not mentioned for vaccines at all. So do teachers always have to worry? Teachers were not given the vaccine before others. They were told to wait their turn. So most are not vaccinated. Most teachers these days are young enough. Might be a few more months before they get the vaccine. Charity shops are also opened. Bit baffled by that one. They are not exactly essential. Case of when to open what? Most outdoor things are back opened. You can eat outdoors. Problem has been workers. Most get more on the PUP payment. Just my view, but they should see what is opening and begin to cut those who were working for places that are opening again. But some places are happy for staff to get the PUP payment for now. Until they try and make back what they lost. Something has to be sorted out. Is a mess really. As both workers and bosses are in effect scamming the system.

Boris probably forgot. You know him. Probably walked in and got it on his tab. Then it slipped his mind. Or so he will be claiming. That he does not even remember buying it. It was just another Boris moment.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Teachers did not get it early here. They are in the queue based on age/health conditions, same as anyone else. They were not happy about that. Were told that they were less at risk of dying than a 60 year pensioner, they were not going to be prioritized. It slowed down a bit here when second doses had to start. But picked up a bit again. Late thirties now being given an offer in England. Early thirties in Wales I think.

Another idiotic article about holidays today - "no holidays from those who are flight free". Crying out loud, these people think those countries not are on the can travel list for no good reason?

Heading to a theme park next week because I have the time off. Load of rules. Distancing means they cant fill the rides up so much. Have to wear masks even though it's all outdoors. Apparently shut them off every now and them to disinfect. Supposedly not letting loads of people in per day.

Would not surprise me if that was what happened. Wouldn't surprise me either that he didnt know he had a judgment on him until it appeared in the newspapers. Would be funny if Baliffs showed up at 10 Downing Street. Could just take some of the wallpaper off the wall to cover it I guess.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Think the teacher debate will keep going on. To the point were their time comes around to get the jab anyway. if they had of been quicker here with the vaccines, teachers would have all been done by now. Was the government who were slow. Placing orders in for vaccines that were not ready yet. Then delays over the whole blood clot things. There is still a delay doing those in their 50's here. That is how far we are behind.

I think most Irish people will be staying within Ireland this year. I am sure some might travel to countries they are allowed to go to. But the bulk will stay at home. You would imagine by next year they might actually have a real answer for Covid. Though the coin is still in the air on that one.

Hope you enjoy your day out. Hope the weather is good for it. Then you can enjoy it all the more.

We had a top politician sacked for having a go at the Sinn Fein leader. How dumb can people get? I think he forgot that anything he said would be considered a work place issue. He made comments about rhe size of her rear end. Saying she was fat. That was the end of his job. What an idiot.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's where we are at in the debate now. Covid is at low numbers here now. Were almost at the point of herd immunity. In a month or two, those in there twenties will be eligable I reckon. Not prioritising was the right thing to do it seems. There is no way around the fact that a 55 year old has a higher risk of death, than a 26 year old teacher with no health conditions that make them higher risk.

Very few countries that are feasible to travel to. Iceland, Gibraltar and Portugal seem to be the only ones you can feasibly go to and not have to quarantine. Israel possibly. Miracle to be honest that we can. They are being overly cautious. These people demanding that there lifestyle choices be catered to so they can go abroad? Fairly selfish. Would have to travel through countries to get to those greenlist places if they're "flight free". Same with those people now throwing a fit because they decided to book a cut price non-refundable package to Spain when the warnings were there. Maybe those countries will be wdded if the situation improves. They're not actually banned from going - they just have to quarantine at home if they want to go - which can make going impossible.

I'm not a politician, but yeah that's a big no no. I'd be dragged in front of HR if I said that. What an idiot.

Boris trying to get the court judgement struck out. Claims it is without merit. Looks like it was issued by default because he didnt respond to the form sent out. Of course, because it's been left 6 months, he now has to prove that he has a good reason for not acting on it earlier, as well as that it is without merit in order to get it struck off it seems. If it is legit, then it is a miracle the baliffs didnt turn up. Next button on the website you use to get one of those is the enforce the judgement by sending out baliffs. Would be funny if they did show up.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Boris will claim his good reason was Covid. That will get him off the hook. He was dealing with so much at the time. Trying to run a country. Having Covid himself. Lot of excuses he can make up. Ones that, in his position, would be accepted.

i know people are thinking of the economy. As in other countries. But I think all foreign holidays should be banned until next year. When we have a better picture on how things are shapen up. All this flying here and there is just spreading it around the place. I would consider it high risk. no outer country movement till 2022. Play it safe this year. Who knows what next Winter will bring with it. They are expecting lots. Various illnesses. So they are saying. Mainly illnesses relating to breathing. Have no idea what they are basing all this on. if those who had Covid already are expected to have more problems or what. Nobody does know the long term effects of Covid. Maybe just getting ready in case something hits.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yep, that is likely what he will say. Not my place to decide if it would be accepted or not. They are not saying what it is for. The CCJ itself is public record. Who made the claim is not.

It is not econony with these people - it is just wanting a holiday abroad. We all do. So they've gone and booked holidays and now they're moaning that they cannot go. Little excuse for it. The reason they are giving here is variants. We have been warned for months that the continent is behind us in vaccinations and is not in the same place as we are with them and covid. They book anyway. The countries that have been greenlisted are those that are in a similar place to us. Lot will just be staying here though, or going to the Channel Islands.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    All travel should be banned until at least next year. I mean into and from every country. But we know that will never happen. When I mentioned the economy I meant the countries, not the people. Spain want tourists. Tourists are money for them. But their should be a blanket ban on holidays outside your own country. Until we see what next is like. I do think they are making these new strains up. Now we have an Indian strain. If a country gets hit bad, they call it another strain. I do not believe that. All you need do is get hit bad and you will have your own strain.

Forecast was for all sorts of horrible weather here all week. All we got was sunshine and heat. How do they get it so badly wrong? Like Michael Fish in the UK in the 80's. His so called mild Winter. The UK got its worst snow ever. That was funny back then. He became known for the man who got it so badly wrong.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So now they've come out and said what the judgement is for - is nuts, is what it is. Some women who has sent letters to the Queen, BBC, any sort of media ranting about Boris Johnson and various other conspiracies, then files for a CCJ against Boris Johnson. Seems she sued him for ?500 because of "defamation". Bit odd, not what you usually launch an online claim for. Didn't actually owe her money it seems. Does this a lot apparently. Tried it against other politicians, tried it against large supermarket chains and Royal Mail. But CCJ was issued automatically because the letter was not responded to. Will likely be struck down now, suspect she may she end in court herself now.

Yes, you are right - it should be banned for now. I would much rather we opened up here than we have to lock down again so a few people can go have a week in the sun in a hotspot. Same with some of the touristy places in London. They're desperate for the tourists to come back in. Spoke to a someone in one of the Markets - they are not getting the tourists there who spend huge amounts. It is very strange in London - pretty much deserted in parts of it. Strangely though, the stupid number of souveneer shops have surprised, but then everyone assumed they were just there for money laundering anyway. Happy for now the internal borders are reopening up again here. Hopefully will be able to go visit family in Scotland again, or friends in Wales soon.

The strains - not uncommon for viruses to mutate. Flu does it a lot. Hence why we have yearly flu jab. Will likely need yearly covid vaccines for the most vulnerable. Seems covid one does it a bit. Here we have "new killer strain, evades immunity, will have to lockdown again!!!" every single time theres a new one. A few weeks later and it turns out that no, it really doesn't evade immunity so much. They are scaremongering more than they should with these new variants.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.