Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The numbers are just getting hifger by the day. Logical really. But we take those numbers and know they all would of had contact with at least 3 other people. You can sort of guess the numbers in a few weeks time from that alone. We will be back to a thousand plus cases a day. The worry yesterday was not all cases were in Dublin. Lot of cases in other parts of the country. So they have to come up with a plan. This virus is not going away. We are seeing all the football players in England come down with it now. Few games called off the other night after a number of players at various clubs tested positive. That means the rest of the team have to self isolate now. Which in turn means they are not allowed play games. Going to be a strange season. Here in Ireland they want to play the All- Ireland championship. How can they with all the cases? The final would have been about three weeks ago. I can't see it happening with these numbers. With flu season nearly upon us too. That will really cause more problems. Case of learning to live with the virus. Which is what they are trying to help people with now. They accept it will be there for a long time. So big change in what they were doing. The virus is now part of life. We have to learn to live with that fact. How to go about things with the virus out there.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So, new screw up here. This time, in Universities.

So they went back this month. So off all the 18 year olds go to Student accommodation, all being told that university will be running. They're all told "don't be stupid, theres a pandemic happening. Dont throw parties and go to the bar."

And what happened? They threw parties and went to the bar.

Now theres outbreaks in student accommodation blocks several cases. And so theyve been locked down. Noone in, noone out. Few rumours of it being enforced by the police, how true that is, who knows.

I dont know why anyone thought they wouldnt throw parties or go to the bar. Rather naive to think that wouldn't happen. You get a bunch of 18 year olds who are legally able to drink for the first time, give them more money than theyve ever seen before in there life from grants/loans and a large overdraft, and put them in a flat with other 18 years with no parents about - they're going to party and go to bars. That's what they do normally, that's the student experience. Usually you'd get "freshers flu" from that, just it's a bit more deadly this year. But, guess the unis didnt want to miss out on the tuition and accommodation fees.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It is out of control here. Only way to put it. The government is split on how to handle it. One party saying one thing. The other another thing. They want to lock more counties down. For a small country the figures are far too high. They even think young people are catching it on purpose to make themselves immune. That is a new one on me. It was a claim made the other day. Urging them not to do that. We all know the areas in Dublin that have it worse. You would kind of expect it in these areas. More parties than you can imagine. The police doing nothing at all. Big outdoor rave last week. Police knew about it. They were told in advance. Drugs and alcohol. The police just ignored it. More about how far the government are willing to go with the whole lock down thing. The could put us on level 4 or level 5 lock down. Leaving only certain shops open. Be like when it all began back in March. But if we look at the population of each county, a few other counties have higher case numbers per population. Is only getting worse.

If you are on FB, check out the Dublin Live page. Is the page we nearly all have saved. All the latest news from around Dublin.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Since day 1 of all of this, I have questioned why travel had been allowed between the North and South of Ireland. Easy way to spread the virus. Finally there have been calls to stop trains / travel North to South. The North is now getting hit hard. They had their highest number of cases yesterday. Dublin is just as bad. Train from the North arrives in Dublin. Easy to keep spreading it by moving between North and South. Curious to see if they do restrict travel now.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Good Friday, I suspect. Theyre wary about risking it. Although I don't know if that doesn't mean you cant put a temporary border there between NI and ROI, or put a quarantine period on any travel between the two.

Same reason why theyll be careful with shutting off NI from the rest of the UK. Enough unionists who'd rather shut off the border to keep the ferries between Belfast and GB going.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Won't be any border. Just no trains between Belfast and Dublin. The two worst infected places in the whole of Ireland. I can see parts of the North been locked down. Numbers are too high. Dublin is locked down to a degree. We can't leave the County. If they do that in Belfast, that would stop the trains coming down here.

Worth adding in that police on both sides of the border do work together. Joint task force. Only they are not allowed to cross into the North without telling the PSNI. They work well together. Cars could be easily stopped. Irish police stopping them in the Republic. PSNI in the North. Both within viewing distance of each other.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Over 600 cases yesterday and 10 deaths. Scotland had its highest numbers as well since it all began. Nothern Ireland had its highest numbers too. Yet nobody wants to use the second wave words. Government here seem afraid to lock things down again. Police are looking into a march that had well over a thousand people at it yesterday. They marched down a small street in town. Took the place over and had a sit down protest. Madrid gone into full lock down again too. Far from getting better. With Winter still to come.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, they don't want to lock things down here again either. Not sure economy can cope with that. You've got big names going bust or announcing redundancies. Cineworld/Regal was the big one today, shutting off temporarily. (they're blaming James Bond being delayed.) But they're tightening restrictions. Local lockdowns in places, can't meet more than 6 other people, bars/restaurants must close at 10. Countries being taken off the no-quarantine list quite often now. And stopping people from going in. Problem is it's all announced in a very confusing way. Our Prime Minister blurting out wrong informtion at times also doesn't help. Today it was "you get ?500 a week if you have to self-isolate." (You don't.). The other day it was blurting out the wrong rules about a local lockdown, telling people that they could do things that were restricted under the local lockdown.

Track and Trace was the scandal today. Everytime you go into a bar/restaurant/cafe here you need to give your details, then they can trace you if someone else in the bar/restaurant/cafe tests positive. But they've apparently been storing the information about who they need to contact on an excel spreadsheet. The excel spreadsheet ran out of room. So a lot of these people haven't been contacted. The question is, why on earth were they using an excel spreadsheet for that? Idiots.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We were told we have one last chance. Get it right or we move to level 5 lockdown. That will be everywhere locked down. Bit like having your father moaning at you. Medical lot told the government to lock us back down. But the government wouldn't do that. For some reason they banned all football. Saying that people have house parties after football matches? only videos we have seen have been crowds in a pub cheering Liverpool on. That is not Irish football. The league here in not professional. Fans would not party over results of games here in Ireland. Hardly any fans go to the games. They all prefer the English game and English teams. Bamming all football here was a mystery. Whole country was moved to level 3 lockdown. Dublin has been on level 3 for a week or two already. Police handed more powers. Not that they do anything at all. Curfew in some areas and no alocohol sold would have been the right call. Government had not got the bottle to do that.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Attachment 4728

UK being hit hard again

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The normal flu will throw back a positive result if tested for the virus. No surprise there. Flu vaccine will also give a positive result. People who get tested in nursing homes and the likes should all come back positive. Numbers will spike big time now. But not all will be because of Covid. Lot of elderly people die each year. If they had the flu vaccine before they died it will be put down to Covid. Going to have a lot of false numbers.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    UK is bad again. Bad in the North of England. Numbers are going high and I'm hearing people here say they'll be another lockdown coming soon. We're expecting it. The numbers are there. They're reopening the temporary hospitals and morgues again in the North. Never used last time. Wonder if they're expecting more.

"We'll be looked down for Christmas." Pretty much everyone has said that. I don't think it will go down so well this time. The financial support isnt there this time either, they've cut that. It's going to be harder to get people here to accept a second lockdown.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Lot of bogus results coming back here. The Irish national team had players come back positive after been tested the day before a game in another country. They could not play. Tested back home they came back as negative. How many more people is this happening too? As I said in the above post, people with the flu are coming back positive as well. Our numbers are higher than ever as well. the WHO said lockdowns was not the way forward. Lot of deaths downgraded too. Now saying they were not Covid related. Is all bloody confusing. I have no doubt you would have heard about all the leading experts from around the world coming together and signing a paper calling for herd immunity. Boris refused to entertain the idea. They are calling on all countries to take that route. Accepting that so many will die to gain the end result. I don't think anybody has a clue about anything at the moment. Different messages from different people. These are meant to be the world's leading experts.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We already tried Herd Immunity here, and it didnt go so well. Problem is that the hospitals get overwhelmed by the number of cases, that they cant cope with that + non-covid related emergencies that will still happen. That's what happened last time. What some hospitals are warning is about to happen again.

What's interesting now is that SAGE - the govs science advisors - have come and said that Gov is not doing enough, that the local lockdowns in the North arent enough to stop it, won't do enough. Gov is trying to keep the economic powerhouse London open I think.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    As it is working out now here, Dublin has the lowest numbers. Few weeks ago we had the highest. But it has come out that four weeks of planes landing from highly infected countries has been going on. Over 400 flights into Dublin. No idea why this is still been allowed to happen. Apart from the economy. So how many infected people flew into Dublin? The Border Counties have it worse. On both sides of the Border. They done great back in March / April. Hardly any cases at all. No go Counties at the moment.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.