Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote JamieWAgain View Post
    I’m alive and well Cuchculan. Thanks for thinking of me. Been busy trying to save my business. We have several boutiques throughout my state and the numbers are brutal. Last week was the first great week sales wise since we reopened so maybe we’re starting to see an uptick. Also, everyone here is so knowledgeable and I learn all different perspectives but from my perspective we can’t afford to shut down again. Our school children are being harmed unless schools are reopened.
    Good to hear Jamie. That you are at least safe and well. Most important thing of all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Case numbers are still going back up here. Schools are back. Pubs still not allowed to open. The thing I still wonder about is the normal flu. Is nearly that time of year again. But we are told if we have flu like symptoms to ring our GP. Because Covid has flu like symptoms. Are they going to write every normal flu down as Covid? Thousands will have the flu over the next few months. Another worry with some people is that Covid will come with the normal flu. It will be a mutated version of the flu that will include Covid. I will be curious to see how they handle the normal flu. Because old people and sick people do die each year from the flu.

But there is growing unrest starting to happen. People not happy with the government. Normal Anti Mask people. People who want the pubs open. Seems like we are the only country in Europe with no pubs open. The police have been handed the power to break up house parties. Though pub owners want everywhere that sells drink closed. In other wors ' if you won't let us open, don't let anywhere sell drink at all '.

Golf Gate, as they called it, goes on. This was the big dinner for politicians and judges with more than the allowed numbers. One even returned from Europe to attend it. Few heads have rolled so far. People want others sacked too. As they made the new laws and then went and broke them.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Case numbers are still going back up here. Schools are back. Pubs still not allowed to open. The thing I still wonder about is the normal flu. Is nearly that time of year again. But we are told if we have flu like symptoms to ring our GP. Because Covid has flu like symptoms. Are they going to write every normal flu down as Covid? Thousands will have the flu over the next few months. Another worry with some people is that Covid will come with the normal flu. It will be a mutated version of the flu that will include Covid. I will be curious to see how they handle the normal flu. Because old people and sick people do die each year from the flu.

But there is growing unrest starting to happen. People not happy with the government. Normal Anti Mask people. People who want the pubs open. Seems like we are the only country in Europe with no pubs open. The police have been handed the power to break up house parties. Though pub owners want everywhere that sells drink closed. In other wors ' if you won't let us open, don't let anywhere sell drink at all '.

Golf Gate, as they called it, goes on. This was the big dinner for politicians and judges with more than the allowed numbers. One even returned from Europe to attend it. Few heads have rolled so far. People want others sacked too. As they made the new laws and then went and broke them.
    Your political controversies sound so nice compared to ours LOL.

We have people rioting in the streets, burning down buildings, and now even shooting each other.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We have the weekly no masks protests going on. Thousand can turn up at them. Were a number of arrests made last week. People are getting fed up at this stage. I can see the protests getting bigger in number and worse. Now the police have the law to enter a house with a gathering and break it up. People will begin to fight back soon. Not saying shootings or even bad riots. Will get out of hand at some stage.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    So the schools opened. Within a few days they had closed a few of them down again after outbreaks in the schools. Is up to the HSE ( Our National health board ) to decide on what happens with each school. This is only week 1. Number of schools closed already. Interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks.

Ine amusing thing was the HSE leaflet about testing for the virus. One line clearly read that the tests are never certain. You could get tested. But just because it comes back positive or negative that does not mean that was the right result. Strange thing to read in a HSE leaflet. They are the ones rinning the show come the end of the day. Now they are telling us the tests results might not be right.

Attachment 4721
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We're seeing a few outbreaks - couple of towns and cities going back under lockdown. Every now and then they stick another country back on the "have to isolate for two weeks on return" list. They announce it with about a days notice on Twitter, half the time. Causes chaos. Everyone tries to get on a plane, trane or boat back to the UK before the cutoft. People started hiring private planes in desperation. Can't say I have much sympathy - this has happened before, with Spain first, then France. if you go abroad on holiday, you should know at this point that you could end up having to isolate for two weeks.

I think you can false-positive or false-negatives. I'm not sure how common it is. I think we finally have enough now. Mum had symptoms the other week and was able to get one easily. They send it in the post here, or you go to a drive through.

Had to go into London today and honestly, despite worrying about that, feel a lot safer here than elsewhere. They're actually taking contact tracing details, people are actually wearing masks and distancing. Its very odd seeing it a lot more empty and quiet than before. And there being no tourists. A lot emptier without the tourists.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If anywhere is going to be put back on lockdown it will be Dublin. Case numbers are high here. But we have the non believers. What is confusing people is the fact that now old people are not catching the virus. Thus zero deaths for a good while. All those recent cases are under 45. That is what they don't believe. They think the government is making things up. Aiming it at younger people. Old people no longer getting infected. Plus this government is contradicting what the old government had said in a lot of areas. Yet FG are still in power with FF. We are hearing different things from FF. So over the next week we all get the form about how to live with Covid. In other words it will be here for some time to come. They want a fresh start. So they are starting over with facts. Plus people want current numbers. Hardly anybody in hospital these days. The people want to know why. What has changed? Back in March the hospitals were packed. People were dying. Today no deaths and a few people in hospital. Most people who they say have it are at home. Hence I spoke about the normal flu in an earlier post. Wondering are they counting the normal flu as Covid these days? Thus no needing to go to hospital. Nobody dying either. We also have thousands not showing up to be tested. That is the latest worry for the government.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Virus is back full force here. Not that we are been told that. Nearly all cases in Dublin. Government hasn't a clue what they are doing. Not like they have locked us down or anything. Meant to be live on TV addressing the public last night about how to stay safe. But two of the government came down with the virus. Ones who were about to tell us what we should and should not do. Hard not to laugh. More house parties causing the outbreaks. Simple answer? Stop the sale of alcohol. Too easy an answer.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Virus is coming back here. You are now not allowed to meet more than 6 other people in public. Unless you're going Pheasant hunting. Then you can meet more than six. That there tells you all you need to know about our government.

Some areas are locked down again - lot of Scotland is and the North of England. London still seems to be fine. Lot of people starting to wonder though if we're about to be locked down again. Wouldn't surprise me. We've had quite a few parties, quite a few bars ignoring social distancing. Universities just went back this month. Will be outbreaks there. No way are the first years going to not be having huge parties. One student already been handed a ?10k fine for a huge party.

Been told I'm likely working from home until next Spring at the earliest. Half tempted to go work remotely somewhere a bit sunnier than this. Quite a few of the caribbean countries are cashing in on that and offering visas to do that. Might as well just sit on my laptop in Aruba or Barbados. Very tempting.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There are 2 main parts of Dublin were the case numbers are high. Scumbag areas. Well known for doing all the wrong things. But they have a new system here now. We will be in lockdown by tomorrow. Or close enough to it. As nearly all the cases are in Dublin. Lot of places will be forced to close down again. My view? Target the areas that are not doing what they are meant to do. We will all have to pay because of them. Elsewhere in Dublin things are normal. But the change of government mid crisis was a mistake. Even though it is the same two parties sharing power. Just new leader as such who is doing things his way. It is not working. We had the cases so low at once and zero deaths. Then power changed hands. House parties they are blaming. Yet they still sell drink. If they want to see is that right answer, ban the sale of drink. Stop the house parties. See if the numbers come down.

Do an edit to say we have been put on lockdown for 3 weeks. Number of places have been closed for those 3 weeks. But you can still buy alcohol. Shops and other places. Idiots. Ban the booze. Solve the problem.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Theres rumours of a larger lockdown might be coming Monday. Guess we'll see. Don't know if it will be a full lockdown or not, or just more restrictions. We can't meet more than six people, or be in a group of more than six now. They want to keep workplaces and schools open.

Its pub crawls and parties being blamed for it here. Few cases that have made the news of huge parties, or someone returning from a holiday then not quarantining and going on a pub crawl.

My mother is panicking about trains, of all things. Just as likely to catch it at the store, Id say. I can't really avoid using them given I don't drive, and I'm in the London area anyway. Impossible to drive here really.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Our local Gelic football team have a few players who have the virus. Hard to know if they got during a game or at the bar connected to the club. First cases of it in this area. Not going down very well. As you can imagine.

Lot of places still opened here. Even under the new restrictions. Surprised to see so many places still opened. Anywhere that serves food can still do so, but indoors. You have to sit outside. That only means the same amount of people only outside instead of inside.

Nearly all places were people can gather indoors has shut down. So we can guess what they were thinking. Cases are happening from indoor meetings. Meant to be freezing cold starting next week too. Who is going to want to sit outside?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    That's exactly what happened with Aberdeen Football Club - they went on a pub crawl, and then two of there team tested positive. The rest had to isolate for two weeks. People were furious. Who knows where they got it from, but they shouldn't have been on that pub crawl. Aberdeen later had a flare up and was locked down again because of idiots in pubs not distancing, or going on pub crawls.

Been told that it's better outdoors than in. No restrictions that way at the moment. See what Boris says Tuesday I guess, and hope whatever he says makes sense. So far we've had "Go to work, but don't go to work. Go outside, but don't". Helpful.

There was a big anti-maskers protest yesterday in central London. Got to listen to one of them ranting loudly on an underground train last night. Apparently we're becoming a dystopian version of Nazi Germany and we'll all be told to wear Burkas next. And there I was thinking Nazi Germany was fairly dystopian to begin with.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    One woman called it ' The Scamdemic ' here the other day on the radio. People still think they are are been fooled. If our case numbers keep on rising we will be locked down fully. Yesterday the numbers were very high. they do think they will just keep going up. Now with them saying that, why allow certain places to remain open? Is like they are expecting it, but still don't want to lock us down again in full. That confuses me. As for alocohol? Ban it. Or the sale of it. If house parties are to blame. But pubs outside of Dublin are all open. Let us all see how that works out.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Boris made a speech today. So we're not quite locked down, but we're once again being told to work from home (most people were anyway) rather than travel to work so we can buy that overpriced coffee rubbish from Starbucks on the way to prevent it from going bust as we were all told a month back. Bit of a uturn there.

Pubs and restaurants are to close at 10. Scotland and Wales have gone further than that. But not a full lockdown. If the numbers go higher, it might be.

They've come up with some bizarre mass testing plan called "Operation Moonshot", where we can all get tested all the time whenever we want to do anything. Bit ambitious, they're running out of tests again. Nearest one Mum could get one the other day was in the Scottish Highlands. She lives in the South East of England.

Furlough payments (so Gov was paying 80% of wages for those who couldnt work) end in a month, so does the eviction ban. If they do uturn theres a wave of evictions and homelessness coming along soon. Ridiculous considering that certain businesses are not allowed to reopen, and theyve locked down again fully in a few parts of the UK.

The toliet roll hoarding has begun again, the store is empty.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.