Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    It was pretty bad in the UK 2 weeks back, went in and the store was pretty much empty. Now theyve started limiting how much you can buy of each item. No official government rationing scheme, the stores are just doing it themselves. Still cant get toliet roll or pasta, but seems to be other stuff on the shelves. No shortages, just cant buy pasta. Prices are pretty much the same I'd say.
    Well having everything but TP and pasta isn’t too bad. Here in California every grocery store is like a convenience store now.... nothing but cheap processed garbage.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The last few times I was at grocery store, I noticed that all the chips and cookies were plentiful, and fresh produce. All the fruits and veggies you could want. But not frozen, which is what I was after. Anything dairy, pasta and rice were also out. I got lucky with eggs at Costco where they had strict limits.

Just read this article on Yahoo - people caught COVID from singing! Nobody was coughing or sneezing. Ugh.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    People panic bought here the other day for the second time. After the country was put on lockdown. Shops have enough in them. Prices have gone up, which is not fair, on a lot of items. They should not be allowed to do that one. Considering we are in a crisis. Shops are no longer selling their own branded foods. Own branded was always cheaper. With some other brands the price was on the package, so they could not up the price. All those sorts of items are gone. Replaced by dearer items. Done on purpose.
    @sunrise thank God I can't sing then. I am doubting a lot of things I have been hearing over the past few weeks. If it is not on our health board site I am not believing it. Have been a fair few new claims been made. These are just on average sites or people posting crap on FB. Your local health board site will have all the true facts. If you can catch it from singing, you can catch it from talking.

I also look at China and Korea. Things are picking up in both those countries. Maybe talking 4 months. As China had its first case late last year. So Summer might be cancelled.

Anybody hear anything from TE? I would assume with all her health issues she is probably well in hiding by now. Who can blame her.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Spent today just watching videos on Netflix.
    Tiger King is a hoot.
    Also The talented Mr. Ripley is going to be gone by April 1st, so I watched it again.
    I cant go for my weekend run outside because it’s supposed to rain.
    I made a really awesome home made sourdough pizza last night.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I went shopping again. People do my head in. Markings all over the floor of the shop about allowing distance and idiots cut in front of you as you are taken something off a shelf. What part of this do they still not get? The staff were no better. Three of them cut across a woman on a queue. She almost jumped backwards. Lot more people in this shop today too.

Is it good to hear China and South Korea are doing much better now? Or do we all hate them at this stage? Is a new app they are bringing out. On it will be everybody you came in contact with. So if you come down with the virus, they can trace all these people and get to them early. That is what South Korea was using. To get ahead of the virus. I know. People will say they will use it for other things too. But no. Thing is to know who will be next before they even know it. Keep your eyes open for that one.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Went shopping again today as well. They had spaghetti and some weird pasta you put in soup, orzo I think. No idea what you do with that. We have the markings on the floor as well, and they're limiting how many people enter at once. Most people here seem to be social distancing. You sort of edge away from them as far as you can. Most value and store-brand stuff seems to be back in stock.

Couple of people here upset about the police telling you cant drive somewhere miles away from where you live for your daily exercise, or for fining people shopping for Easter eggs.

South Korea approach is one of the best it seems. Mass testing and tracing, and isolating anyone infected. Heard somewhere that they also have an app now telling you if theres a confirmed case near you. Germany as well seems to be doing a lot better than the rest of us are in Europe (test and treat early), quite a low deaths to cases ratio there.

Quite a lot of people in the British government now have it. Idiot who supposedly came up with the "herd immunity, I dont care if a few pensioners die" plan now has it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is all about trying to get ahead of the virus. That is were a lot of countries are lacking. They are asking people who they have been in touch with. We had a GP come down with. Would he remember all the people he was in touch with? Hence this App. Will only work if everybody has the App. As you pair your phones. It then takes the info from the person you meet. So if you come down with it, all the info on people you had contact with will be there. At first they made it sound it like it told you who had the virus. But then it was explained in full. I did ask how a phone could tell you who had the virus as the person is not even meant to be outside the house. But it wasn't for that at all. More just record keeping of people you have contact with in person. So they can all be traced without you having to try and remember them all.

No doubt it will be back to the shops later in the day. Some shops sell some things. Other things they don't sell. I have a mother who likes certain things made by certain brands. Not talking bread or milk or anything basic. Other types of food. That might mean a different shop. Is a few around here. Just one will be even more packed than the other. I like to get in and get out. Next week will be even worse as they all get their double week again from the welfare. Ireland and its holy days. For once that will cause havoc. Eveything closes on the Friday. Good Friday. Day Jesus died. All Confirmations were meant to have been made here next week as well. That is now called off. As will Communions. Not sure if they happen in the UK? All church related. Kids of a certain age. Communion when you are about 7 or 8. Confirmation when are about 11, going on 12. It sure has changed society. Until they get a handle on it, things will remain the same.

Here is a picture of what is normally the most packed road in Dublin. Crossing this road can be a nightmare as a rule. O' Connell Bridge, over the river Liffey. Cars go 4 directions. As well as the cars the bridge is packed as a rule too. Then you have O' Connell street at the top of the picture. The most busy street in Dublin as a rule. Talk about a ghost town.

Attachment 4660

Second picture is one of the main shopping streets in Dublin. You would have thousands on this street every day. All packed into the street together. Moving slowly.

Attachment 4661
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Then we have that one person who always takes things to the limit when shopping. No idea how the person serving is not laughing. Doing her best to keep it in.

Attachment 4662
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Then we have that one person who always takes things to the limit when shopping. No idea how the person serving is not laughing. Doing her best to keep it in.

Attachment 4662
    LOL I need to get me one of those suits!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We've had a few poeople trying to avoid catching it in dinosaur costumes here

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,
    My 39 year old daughter was clean from heroin for almost 2 years. On March 3 she disappeared in NYC which translates to her using again.
    I keep seeing the body bags being shoveled into the makeshift morgues ( huge 18 wheelers) and I have no way to know where she is? This has been going on for most of her life but now a pandemic in NYC. There is a very good chance she has the virus or worse.
    I’m shaking as I type. I don’t know what to do?
    Should I start calling police precincts? Yesterday 3 NYC officers succumbed to virus. If she is in one of those bags I’ll never know. Please. What should I do? Should I call our police and see if they might contact NYC police??
    Please I don’t know what to do. No one has heard from her

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    At least give them a call. Nothing to lose. Her background might mean they would know where to look. Might even be familiar with her if ever arrested. Do your best and see what you can find out. Hope you find her safe and sound. I know at times like this people who used drugs or alcohol might turn back to if. Because they are simply afraid. Make a few calls.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dude, The Last Man On Earth predicted the virus. They even got the year 2020 right

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Who predicted what exactly and when? @CloudMaker is this you twin sister you are not telling us about? LOL j/k
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.