Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What you have to imagine here is that we never got a chance to form a new government before this hit. All parties agreed to work together. The government can formed at a later date. How often do you see something like that happen? Leo was a doctor before he went into politics. As were another two of those who work with him. But all the talking is been left to somebody from the health board. He will become somebody if he lives through this. He gives the evening briefing to the public on deaths and new cases. He tells us where exactly we are at. Leo makes the occasional speech to the nation. Come together by staying apart. Well done Leo. Is the other chap we hear all the time. He has a name but as he is new to all of us it is not one we would remember just yet. He hides nothing at all. Because he is so honest, the rest have to be just as honest. He said this might go on for many more months. None of this it will be gone in a few weeks. He is simply trying to slow it down. Honest again. That nobody can actually stop it. But by slowing it down the hospitals won't be as packed. The man has never promised anything at all. No miracle cure. No instant fix. That is not going to happen. The first job is to even out the new cases. Not have more every day. But even the same number for a few days. Then you hope that begins to go down in number over the next week or two. In other words, more cases will happen for a while yet. His job? The slow those cases down. They will still be the same in number. But it would be better over a longer period of time. Rather than all at once.

People were asked to report house parties over here. Which I do get. Crowds of people in one house. But fair to say, apart from the odd incident, nothing much has happened. People are doing what they were asked to do. You will always get the few idiots. They exist all over the world. They think nothing will happen to them.

Had heard of someone saying to let the old die. Think 2 people said something similar. This is one the UK government have to accept they can't beat alone. The thick upper lip of the good old English. That will do nothing at all. Hold those hands up and say they got it wrong and want help. Nothing wrong in doing that at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    No idea what you get in the UK each day. But here is a link to what we have been hearing since this began. This is from a week or two ago. Will post it as a link because videos slow my laptop down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azws-JyCA3A
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Rather exceptional, I agree. Irish system seems a lot better than ours. You certainly have saner politicians. Here, we have a system where less than 45% of the country voted for Boris, and yet he has an 80 seat majority. Compared to us, the Irish are sane. Actually doing and behaving like an country should during a crisis.

The English (and I do mean the English here - I live in Wales and the Welsh arent doing that, and the Scottish most certainly are not) do have this sense of exceptionalism. Rule Britainia and all that rubbish. They like the idea of plucky Britain standing alone, and of everyone coming together as a community to defeat this thing, just like they did in WW2. Britain alone can defeat this. They do need help. Unfortunatley, the big massive block of countries on our doorstep that are offering said help is the EU. (And we cant have the EU helping us now, can we?)

We get similar, daily briefings from the government on what they're doing to fight covid, current number of diagnosed, current number of dead.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So now we're being told to wear masks even for grocery shopping because there's a chance that breathing/talking can spread the virus. Even homemade masks are apparently better than nothing. WTF? Why couldn't they have said all of this weeks ago? We could be in a much better situation right now. Conversely, there's still states that still don't have stay at home orders.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    So now we're being told to wear masks even for grocery shopping because there's a chance that breathing/talking can spread the virus. Even homemade masks are apparently better than nothing. WTF? Why couldn't they have said all of this weeks ago? We could be in a much better situation right now. Conversely, there's still states that still don't have stay at home orders.
    IDK this whole response has been abysmal!! SHTF!!!!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    @Otherside when us Irish talk about the UK in a negative way we are only talking about England. Scotland we view much like the North here. it is nothing got to do with England in our eyes. Think mainly because the Irish and the Scottish always got on great together. Even if you look here in Ireland. The North wants to work with the South. More than they want to work with England. So Ireland has come together as a whole on this one. Something had to bring us together some day. All sides in the North working together as well. You see we all know this is not about politics. Put all that aside for now.
    @sunrise I have my mouth and nose covered as much is possible. Certain type of snood. Comes up to the eyes. When shopping I do be baked with it on. Will it do any good at all? I have no idea. Lot of people are wearing nothing at all. Is a contact virus. Main downside of this whole thing is you never know who might have it. Think how easy it is to pick the flu up. Stand beside the wrong person and you nearly always seem to come down with it.

As for the American reaction? Saw on press conference were they announced they had 5 of the best labs in the world working together and they would find an answer and beat this. China and South Korea have some of the best medical minds. They have been working on this for months now and still have not found an answer. Handing out false hope is not the right way to manage this. Saying it will be over by the end of April. Don't listen to all of that. By the end of May we will be lucky to see something. By something I mean the death count getting lower and the infected getting lower too. That is the reality.

In the Philippines the President is making sure there is an incentive to stay at home. He has told the army to shoot them all dead. All, as in anybody that leaves their homes. That will work big time. Can't see anybody wanting to leave their houses over there.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I was able to get this today!!

Attachment 4666

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    [BEEP] Wiping Party
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Spent today just watching videos on Netflix.
    Tiger King is a hoot.
    Also The talented Mr. Ripley is going to be gone by April 1st, so I watched it again.
    I cant go for my weekend run outside because it?s supposed to rain.
    I made a really awesome home made sourdough pizza last night.
    So where do you normally run? I run along my streets, but am afraid to get busted by cops, even though it's not illegal.

I read the document about staying at home, but it said that outdoor activity (exercise) is allowed as long as there is social distancing,

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I was able to get this today!!

Attachment 4666
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    [BEEP] Wiping Party
    I have a fancy gourmet-like market in my town and they posted a picture of a cake - no joke - that looked like rolls of toilet paper!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Rare sight of bottles of hand soap in our local shops today. First time I have seen any since this all began.

In other news, Argentina are testing a tuberculosis vaccine against the virus. See if it does anything. I did question this as the virus is just as bad in Argentina. Over there they all get this tuberculosis vaccine as babies. They would have already have had this jab, so should have been immune to the virus? Or maybe they are hoping a fresh shot will do something.

Cakes like toilet rolls? That a warning you will be on the can all night if you eat the cakes.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    So where do you normally run? I run along my streets, but am afraid to get busted by cops, even though it's not illegal.

I read the document about staying at home, but it said that outdoor activity (exercise) is allowed as long as there is social distancing,
    I have a treadmill that I normally ran on for an hour a day before this pandemic nonsense but now I go out to local parks and run around. We have a shelter in place order but I don’t really care. There are many other people out jogging too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I have a treadmill that I normally ran on for an hour a day before this pandemic nonsense but now I go out to local parks and run around. We have a shelter in place order but I don’t really care. There are many other people out jogging too.
    It says in our state order that we can do it as long as we keep social distancing - six feet/two meters apart. I normally run by myself and rarely am around anyone even on city streets.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Frightened me when they told me I could exercise once a day. Thought it was threat. Shopping counts as exercise and you spend the time in the shop dodging people. Quick move this way. Quick move that way. Only exercise I need.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We can exercise once a day as well. In the area that you live in, on your own, or with the people you live with. Cant drive to exercise somewhere. Cant exercise with friends you dont live with.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.