Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I saw most of it. About light inside the body too. The female expert looking a bit baffled and having to say we have never tried anything like that before. Trump and his, but it might work. She was lost as to what to say back. Amuses me how some people are saying he never even said it. On another forum I have one bloke who had a go at me for posting about it. My only concern was that somebody might try it. Him telling me that was not what Trump said at all. One leading expert said if people want to kill themselves quickly that is one method they use. Injecting themselves with something like that. They were also saying he should be recorded. Not put on live TV. Then watched and make sure what he says does not put lives at risk. I do be laughing too. Hard to take the man serious.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Trump's comment either reflects severe senility or an attempt to distract the media from another matter he'd prefer get swept under the rug

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The weather has warmed up significantly and a lot of people aren't abiding by social distancing. They're crowding beaches, trails, etc. Hmm.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Just when I got use to bringing in all my great reusable bags to the stores, California won't let me anymore!

Went to Winco today. Lots of stuff in stock, even TP and paper towels with 1 item limit, but no hand sanitizer, no waiting in lines to get in, no arrows.
    Flour, sugar, yeast still out.
    Produce good,

Cashiers and stockers working with gloves, but no masks, seemed in a good mood. Sneeze guards up around them.
    I'm still getting the stink eye from people around here for not having a mask. I even see people wearing masks and plastic gloves in their cars!

I found a video on YouTube about making a mask using a bandanna and rubber bands. I was able to find a bandanna at Petco today, so now if they decide all of us need masks I'm prepared.

I had to go to Petco because Oliver developed a "pimple" on his lip. They had medicine for him. Petco was totally empty.
    I hope people are still remembering to take care of their pets!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Prices in shops over here have all gone up. Certain items have vanished from the shops. The cheaper version of the items. Meaning you have to spend more. As for a mouth covering? I simply use what I used during Winter. Covers the mouth and nose if need be. Problem is it is very hot. The weather here has been amazing since this all began. So covering your mouth during these watm days is not nice at all. That is another strange thing. When this all began, out weather would have normally have been either snow or ice. But it was sunny and watm. It has stayed that way. Just weird. Never known it to be this warm so early in the year. We all have sun tans. gardening and walking to shops every day.

Now if you recall Trump also mentioned a heat light in the body. That he got from elsewhere. That was not his own idea. In Brazil they thought they might be safe because it was still Summer there. They get really hot weather. Not seen any stats from Brazil. But Spain got it bad and it can be just as warm in parts of Spain. A lot of people were banking on the sun to stop the virus taking hold. Heat has been used in the past for similar things. But not to this extent. Hence the male medical expert looking on having to explain it has not been tried. But the problem is that heat, if used, won't be a vaccine. From day 1 warm liquids were mentioned. The heat been the main thing. To get into your body.

Over here we had two people directly after each other and they said different things. First one said if people don't stick to the rules it will be extended. Second one said numbers are starting to balance themselves out thanks to people sticking to the rules. You wonder if these two actually spoke to each other before they spoke to the media. Fair to say more people have been going out. You do see it. Deaths have risen big time. Seemed less than 2 weeks ago we were still under 300. As of today we are over 1,000. That is a very quick jump. They have to blame it on something. Only they are mixed on what to blame it on. People going out or the fact it got into nursing homes?

This is a snood. Very bloody warm when wearing. But does the job. Not me in the picture. Grabbed off the net.

Attachment 4690
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Never heard of a snood. Not sure if I can get one anytime soon. Thankfully my union is sending me a mask.

It was hot as balls here yesterday too. 90 degrees!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I was both shopping and sweating whilst shopping this morning. Not our normal kind of weather. I head Trump refused to attend a meeting about the virus yesterday? Never sure if we are hearing what you are hearing over there.

Started reading a novel 4 days ago. Hundred pages a day. So a few left for tomorrow. Some of us are used to sitting in. We always have things to do. Others are used to been out all the time. So have no idea what to do when asked to sit in the house.

One story from here was a group of 25 patients moved from a hospital to a nursing home to allow room in the hospital. All old people. All 25 had the virus and died on the same night. They are looking into it. How it was not picked up on that they had the virus.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Singapore's COVID cases are going up and it's both warm and humid over there. Maybe the virus will die more quickly on outside surfaces but I can't see how that would stop the spread otherwise. Although, I still don't understand why flu season happens only in fall/winter.

The answer as to why flu is a winter disease is not fully known. However, flu is spread largely by droplet (aerosol) infection from individuals with a high viral level in their nasal and throat secretions, sneezing and coughing on anyone close at hand. The aerosol droplets of the "right" size (thought to be about 1.5 micrometers in diameter) remain airborne and are breathed into the nose or lungs of the next victim. Situations in which people are crowded together are more common in cold or wet weather--and so perhaps this contributes to spreading the flu at these times. It is interesting that in equatorial countries, flu occurs throughout the year, but is highest in the monsoon or rainy season. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...t-the-flu-mos/

I ordered bandanas from Walmart almost a month ago but they ended up canceling the order. Maybe they ran out of inventory. Too bad, they were really cheap.

Looks like they're not going to get testing ramped up here soon enough. I can't imagine they can keep things closed down for many more months. Seems like people won't stand for it much longer.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I often got the flu in Summer. Worst time to get it. Harder to shake it off. Spain is a very hot country too. They got it bad as well. Worst than a lot of other countries. You see people are looking for answers. These things are been suggested. That does not mean any of them will work. More like clutching at straws if you ask me. Medical experts are not the ones even making these suggestions.

Testing here is getting quicker and more people are been tested. First it was just those who were high risk and elderly who had at least 2 symptoms. But they say they want to test about a hundred thousand a week. More testing means more cases will be found. Not everybody ends up in hospital. Some can still manage at home. By this stage there 9 strains of the virus. Some are not as bad as others. Think even medical experts are hoping if people do catch the virus it will be the weakest strain. Ones seems deadly. That is the big killer. Then we have all these other ones. Their strengths differ. You may need hospital with some strains. But not the ICU. Toss of a coin really. Which one people catch.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I was both shopping and sweating whilst shopping this morning. Not our normal kind of weather. I head Trump refused to attend a meeting about the virus yesterday? Never sure if we are hearing what you are hearing over there.

Started reading a novel 4 days ago. Hundred pages a day. So a few left for tomorrow. Some of us are used to sitting in. We always have things to do. Others are used to been out all the time. So have no idea what to do when asked to sit in the house.

One story from here was a group of 25 patients moved from a hospital to a nursing home to allow room in the hospital. All old people. All 25 had the virus and died on the same night. They are looking into it. How it was not picked up on that they had the virus.
    I guess this is why no more trump conferences.

Attachment 4691

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Might be the best thing ever. Leave him to run the country. Leave the medical stuff to the medical experts.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I've done that - put bleach on the skin. It kills things off, but doesn't do much else. It's base on the pH scale.
    I love how so many people think that people can't think for themselves.

Even Dr. Birx said that it was a passing thought - Trump thinks out loud sometimes.

We also have more cases because of (1) New York City being as large and concentrated as it is, and (2) we far outpace other countries in testing. We have tested near 5,000,000 samples - only 10% are positive. Plus, there is a suggestion that MANY more people had it and didn't know it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    I guess this is why no more trump conferences.

Attachment 4691
    When the one reporter came in and asked Trump about OIL PRICES during the news conference, and couldn't remember the prices that day, you knew the press had another agenda.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    I've done that - put bleach on the skin. It kills things off, but doesn't do much else. It's base on the pH scale.
    I love how so many people think that people can't think for themselves.

Even Dr. Birx said that it was a passing thought - Trump thinks out loud sometimes.

We also have more cases because of (1) New York City being as large and concentrated as it is, and (2) we far outpace other countries in testing. We have tested near 5,000,000 samples - only 10% are positive. Plus, there is a suggestion that MANY more people had it and didn't know it.
    At least we know he’s transparent because he can’t help but speak whatever crosses his mind LOL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We had only 20 deaths yesterday. How do you explain why you are happy to hear that? Well because over the past few weeks it has been 100 plus every day. 20 seemed positive. Not saying things will start to get better. But lower numbers is what they wanted. Odd thing here is the most cases seems to have shifted now to the West of the country. Dublin were leading the charge since the start of all this. Fair to say to over 75 percent of all cases were in Dublin. That would go for deaths as well. Most populated County.

I do wonder if people tell Trump to be careful when talking. Then he just ignores them and does his own thing. He needs one of those Telly pronp screens. The words appear on it and he just reads what it says. But fair to say that reporters have always loved when people in power botch up. I remember Bush jnr talking about Iraq. Big map there. He was pointing at the wrong country. Until somebody whispered something in his ear. The joke back then was that they hoped he invaded the right country. He was another one prone to slip ups. More funny than anything else. When he told everybody he was not that good on geography. Not what you want to hear from a President talking about going to war.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.