Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I think I’m going to have to break down and ask my neighbors to buy toilet paper

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    You guys need a USA perspective.

Our stock market had its biggest one day drop since the October 1987 crash.

Then, President Trump announces a national emergency and the stock market recovers almost all of that drop the day before.

Toilet paper?! Well....you guys know that that story traces back to the collapse of the Venezuelan government. Remember that? They ran out of toilet paper and couldn't find any? It happened here, too.

As part of the emergency - payroll tax and student loan interest has been suspended. Drugstores and big discount stores will have "drive-thru testing stations" in their parking lots! So far in the USA total, we have had about 1,500 cases confirmed and 41 deaths.

In my state of Ohio - we had another four confirmed cases about 25km away from me to make a total of 16 cases. Our state doctor and Governor appeared on national news and said that we could have 100,000 cases right now and my state only has 11,700,000 people overall. Our schools are closed for three weeks - my local schools have Spring break after that so they won't be back until April 14!

I will be working from home (no voluntarily self-quarantining, but staying out of my office) for the foreseeable future. Chinese coworkers have been working from home since the end of January!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    You guys need a USA perspective.

Our stock market had its biggest one day drop since the October 1987 crash.

Then, President Trump announces a national emergency and the stock market recovers almost all of that drop the day before.

Toilet paper?! Well....you guys know that that story traces back to the collapse of the Venezuelan government. Remember that? They ran out of toilet paper and couldn't find any? It happened here, too.

As part of the emergency - payroll tax and student loan interest has been suspended. Drugstores and big discount stores will have "drive-thru testing stations" in their parking lots! So far in the USA total, we have had about 1,500 cases confirmed and 41 deaths.

In my state of Ohio - we had another four confirmed cases about 25km away from me to make a total of 16 cases. Our state doctor and Governor appeared on national news and said that we could have 100,000 cases right now and my state only has 11,700,000 people overall. Our schools are closed for three weeks - my local schools have Spring break after that so they won't be back until April 14!

I will be working from home (no voluntarily self-quarantining, but staying out of my office) for the foreseeable future. Chinese coworkers have been working from home since the end of January!
    This is going to make or break Trump’s election IMO. He ran on a strong economy and now the market is crashing and there are TP shortages

I don’t want a Biden presidency but I can see it happening if this isn’t solved fast

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They are pumping 1 trillion collars into your economy because of what is happening. That was even on Irish radio the other day. Some special circumstances that allows the US mint to do that. Will help in a lot of areas that money is lost out on. Even smaller traders will be getting a dig out. Local shops and the likes. Save them all from going under. Might not be enough if this lasts months. That was more a short term fix. They are hoping things will clear up by the end of April. Which I doubt very much. Trump can be made to look good if the spread is stopped in the US. Measures he put in place. He might still come out on top. Best of doing that is to predict higher numbers than will really happen. Our government said it could reach up to 80,000 dead. That before anybody died in this country at all. It won't get anywhere near that figure. Then our government can say it was because of them and the measures put in place. Makes them look good.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    They are pumping 1 trillion collars into your economy because of what is happening. That was even on Irish radio the other day. Some special circumstances that allows the US mint to do that. Will help in a lot of areas that money is lost out on. Even smaller traders will be getting a dig out. Local shops and the likes. Save them all from going under. Might not be enough if this lasts months. That was more a short term fix. They are hoping things will clear up by the end of April. Which I doubt very much. Trump can be made to look good if the spread is stopped in the US. Measures he put in place. He might still come out on top. Best of doing that is to predict higher numbers than will really happen. Our government said it could reach up to 80,000 dead. That before anybody died in this country at all. It won't get anywhere near that figure. Then our government can say it was because of them and the measures put in place. Makes them look good.
    Wish I could get some of that one trillion dollar bailout LOL!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I love this one.

Attachment 4652
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

@Cuchculan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The whole Irish system has broken down. We were told not to ring 911. Call your local GP. He would then add you to a National waiting list via a computer. But the server crashed on day 1. Who knows what to do now here. As we are still told not to ring 911. Unless you are almost dying. Talk about a major feck up. Now we have 20,000 people coming home from various countries all this week. All highly infected countries. Let's see who is there to welcome them home. Where is Kim when we need him?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    The whole Irish system has broken down. We were told not to ring 911. Call your local GP. He would then add you to a National waiting list via a computer. But the server crashed on day 1. Who knows what to do now here. As we are still told not to ring 911. Unless you are almost dying. Talk about a major feck up. Now we have 20,000 people coming home from various countries all this week. All highly infected countries. Let's see who is there to welcome them home. Where is Kim when we need him?
    Wow that sounds even worse than here. We can at least still call 911

Stores are beginning to run out of food. Toilet paper has been gone for a week now.... I’ve had to make some reusable cloths and wash them. Third world conditions IMO

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    At least when they die their bums will be clean. LOL

They have to sort this mess up over here. They are classing it at various levels. From critical to not very serious. Here was me thinking it was one virus and would do to most the exact same thing.

Today a lot of smaller shops were letting 2 people in at a time over here.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I love this one.

Attachment 4652
    LOL. I don't understand the whole thing with hoarding toilet paper and water. And people swarming places like Costco all squished together while standing in long lines. If you want to contract a virus, go to Target. My employer is making everyone go to work even if we can do our jobs remotely. It's infuriating. No one is exercising common sense in squelching the spread.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They predict 30 percent increase a day here. Makes sense. Those coming down with it would have been in contact with many others. Who will come down with it too. We jumped from less than 100 cases to over 200 in the space of 2 days. All those people would have had contact with others. it is not just going to vanish. Unless they find a vaccine. It will always be there.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    When did this stuff really hAppen?

I got really, really sick last year. Kaiser tested me for everything, and I'm still paying off all the tests, x-rays etc.
    I couldn't breathe I felt like a house was laying on top of my chest.

It was the worst I've ever felt in my entire life.

I blamed the wildfires going on here,

Now I wonder if it was this corona crap.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They say the first case recorded was Italy. Not China. But Italy had no idea what it was. They had a number of cases at the start of the year. But China got the blame as it took off big time there. Nearly all the cases here in Ireland can be linked to people who had visited Italy. But still people blame China. Hospitals have now set up special places for people to be tested here. Stadiums. Navy ships. Places like that. As they expect it to get worse. That part is only obvious. As I said in the post above, you have 200 cases, those 200 would have been in close contact with how many people? All those people will come down with it too. Plus others the new batch had contact with. It can just keep on going. But if it had of been in the US last year, do you not think there would have been a lot more cases? Ones that can be traced by now. China had the first major outbreak. As in thousands at once. Italy they think had the first ever case.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.