Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If you read their new wording it says for emergency use. So who decides what is an emergency? Ireland will be going back to level 3 lockdown soon. Maybe next week. The numbers are getting higher by the day. If they wanted to let people have a Christmas they botched up by lifting our last lockdown too soon. Should have waited another 2 weeks. Leaving 2 weeks for people to shop. Health experts wanting one thing and the government doing another thing.

Attachment 4751
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    I live in California so I’m well aware how awful the commie governor is!!
    Governor Gruesome, yep.
    He can take Governor Witchmer with him. I almost wanted to say my governor Dewine, but I don't get pulled over for running after 10pm and we don't have complete closures, just places after 10.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Talking about Lockdown3 here. Wales and Northern Ireland have already said Lockdown3 is coming after Christmas. But just rumours in England for now that its going to happen. They have a way of half-arsing it here. They lockdown when the hospitals start to fill up, start to seem that might get overwhelmed. But theres a lot of job losses, companies go bust. Other week a large clothng chain went bust. So they try and lockdown in a way that supposedly keeps the economy running. Which they fail at. They manage to not get the numbers down enough, and the economy is shut off enough that a lot of people still lose there jobs, or companies go bust. Try to do two things, fail at both.

We're gonna be hit by tax-rises and cuts when this is over - they've already said that pubic-sector won't get any pay rises for a while. But a lot of the money for "PPE Procurement Contracts" went to there friends. So gov is being taken to court over that. Like, there is zero chance that you'd be able to buy PPE from a Pest-Control Company, a Northern Irish sweets manufuacturer, an Investment Fund located in one of the UKs many tax-havens, and a guy from Spain who one of our government officials plays golf with. Each one of those companies has a link to the government. All this using taxpayer funds, of course. Were the UK in South America, or Africa rather than being in the west, we'd be calling it what it is - corruption.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What happened to the common flu? Seems we have zero cases of it this year. i wonder why. Oh yes. It is been put down as Covid. As a rule they might mention the flu sweeping through the country. Not this year.

There will be no New Year's Eve stuff going on here. Places are been locked down again before that. Cases have tripled over the past two weeks. Having said that, less than 200 in hospitals. We have the normal here, one lot saying one thing and the other lot doing something else. Government versus health experts. Turning into a joke at this stage. You have health experts who are been ignored by the government. The government want to be seen as the good guys. Letting people have their Christmas. Up North the two main parties are fighting with each other. The DUP saying Sinn Fein did not do enough. Yet the DUP voted against Sinn Fein about locking the North down a few months back.

Will just go on and on. Until magical money appears we will be all hit hard come the end of this.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Theres cases here. Thats the problem. Same flu hit, and then the covid hit on top of it. Result is overwhelmed hospitals. Then everything else gets sidelined. Treatment for everything else starts to roll to a stop because there isnt the capacity for it.

Same joke here, government vs health experts. Government doesnt want to stand down and tell people that can't meet three other households in a Christmas bubble. Health experts are saying that'll be a disaster. I think they'll back down very fast at the last minute. Half the problem is Boris couldn't make a decision if his life depended on it. Or any decisions he does make are made so that a - he doesn't get blamed for anything and b - that makes people like him.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    A second vaccine has been approved for use now. Guess people will be watching and waiting to see if one is better than the other. Both just seem rushed.

Here they keep changing their minds about what is happening. Every day we are hearing something new. Now things will come in to effect January 8th. But they want all the main gathering areas blocked off come New Year's eve. That we do know about. Seems Leo says one thing and it the reverse is done by the leader of FF. Hard to know who to listen to. But lockdown 3 will happen.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So woke up this morning to find that my area had been quietly placed into Tier 3 - the highest level of restritions. No warning, no nothing. It's been chaos here.

Now we have this press conference saying that we're going to be in Tier 4 tomorrow, and Christmas is cancelled for anyone living in Tier 4 - which is London and most of the South East of England. This is after they said on Wednesday "Cancelling Christmas would be inhumane." They're blaming it on a new variant of covid that apparently only appeared in the last few days that means they have to take action fast. Lot of people I know who are about as far from buying into a conspiracy theory as they can be saying - "I feel like I'm reaching for the tinfoil hat here, but did they just make that up to cover for there incompetance?"

Also can tell you its probably going to be ignored. Lot of people in London right now with families elsewhere in England getting on trains/planes before Tier 4 kicks in. Lot of people who are just planning on completely ignoring that. Lot of people who are going ahead with there christmas plans anyway.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    There's still morons who are still COVID deniers even when they've got it, have been hospitalized and are desperately ill. They drunk the Kool-Aid and apparently there isn't an antidote. Now I'm hearing things won't get back to normal until next fall. Grrr.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    This new strain of Covid we are hearing about in the UK has not managed to get across the Irish sea. It is a good way to lock things down. Any excuse will do. I think that is all it is. If you remember back a few months ago they also mentioned another straing of the virus? That strain has vanished. Back then they also wanted to lock places down. Rather than blame the government for locking places down, use the new strain as the excuse.

You will always get people who will tell you Covid does not exist. Millions of deaths later. ' It is not real '. As for things getting back to normal? There is one thing a lot of people think may never happen. That we continue to docial distance even if we all get a vaccine that works. Will be a good one to see. How things do play out. A vaccine won't mean virus over. The virus will always be still there. Case of how many people take the vaccine and how good the vaccine is. Most great vaccines take about 4 to 5 years to make. The vaccine they have right now took a few months. I am sure some day they will make a vaccine that could kill the virus off if everybody took it. But you have certain groups against vaccines. So everybody taken it is out of the question.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    All flights from the UK banned from entering Ireland. That is flights with people on them. So nobody from the UK can enter Ireland. This is all about the second strain of the virus. This is until the Irish make sense of it all. They have said for the next 48 hours. So what happens after that I have no idea.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Aye, its chaos. As have a lot of Europe. Even Scotland has shut off its borders. More importantly, France has shut off all crossings - including Freight crossings - which is where most of our food comes from. If this goes on, UK is in trouble. Hoarders will be at it again tomorrow as a result.

If this is a second strain that they made up or exaggerated to cover for there incompetence - then it's a bloody stupid thing to do. Rest of Europe has panicked and shut us off.

Gotta feel for the truckers from the continent stuck on a motorway in the UK in a lorry with all the hotels shut unable to cross right now.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Aye, its chaos. As have a lot of Europe. Even Scotland has shut off its borders. More importantly, France has shut off all crossings - including Freight crossings - which is where most of our food comes from. If this goes on, UK is in trouble. Hoarders will be at it again tomorrow as a result.

If this is a second strain that they made up or exaggerated to cover for there incompetence - then it's a bloody stupid thing to do. Rest of Europe has panicked and shut us off.

Gotta feel for the truckers from the continent stuck on a motorway in the UK in a lorry with all the hotels shut unable to cross right now.
    Isn’t Brexit supposed to cause food shortages too? Will this compound things?

What will people do?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    brexit is heading towards a no deal Brexit. As Boris is been Boris. It was all agreed upon and he changed his mind about a month ago. Since then they have tried hard to lash out a deal all sides can agree upon. Fishing is the one main area that is holding any deal up. You can fish in waters up to a degree. There is a quota on what you can catch. Might be getting this wrong, but the UK doesn't want anybody else fishing in their waters. Talk of the navy been used to stop boats from other countries entering British waters. Looks like it will be a no deal Brexit.

Then you have their so called second strain of the virus. They came out with this, in my view, maybe as an excuse to lock things back down. That is what a lot of people believe. Might have worked in England. But all other countries have banned flights and ferries coming from the UK. Talk about a diaster. If it is proved to be a hoax heads will role. In other words people will want to see proof of this new strain of Covid. Not just hear talk about it. People won't be happy till they see it under a microscope. Then you have to ask why only England? Rest of Europe not reporting a second strain.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yep, headed towards no-deal. The problem is they haven't prepared for that - at the moment if you cross from UK to France, you go through passport control (contrary to popular belief, there is a border between UK and the rest of Europe), but you don't go through customs. Not that going through customs needs to be a big problem - US manages to trade just fine with Mexico and Canada with customs checks in place. No huge delays there or food shortages.

They've not really hired enough people to do customs checks, don't have the infrastructure in place, gov hasnt actually told business what they need to do to continue to trade with the EU (speaking here for someone who's currently trying to figure that one out - we've been given next to no information on that.)

They stockpiled food for no-deal, so we'll end up going through that. But no lorries can cross into France from UK at the moment, so nothing will come in. You enter UK from France - but nobodies going to cross if they can't get back again.

I dont doubt theres a second strain - but I think theyve exaggerated it to justify why Christmas has been cancelled at short notice. Rest of the world heard about it at the same time as we did - via the press confernce, which we were told "theres a mutant version of covid that's a lot more infectious and a lot more lethal". Cant blame the rest of the world for hearing that and panicking - don't want that in there borders, and they have there own citizens to protect. That this was supposedly here and that they didn't bother to inform the rest of the world is what China did - and doing that makes us no better than China.

Heads will probably end up rolling for that. Worth noting that we've woken up to the find the usual, very supportive of Gov media is very, very critical today.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They say the second strain has to be in Ireland already. My only question is why / how did it begin in England and nowhere else in the world? All other countries are getting hit hard by the virus. None blaming it on a second strain. So for now it seems to exclusive to England. You would have to wonder why?

I think the EU is fed up with Boris. Say a last minute deal is reached. It has to be voted on by all EU member states. They all have to approve it before it can actually become a deal. I am sure it would have to be approve in the UK too. So this is were we are having some sticking point. Something that everyone can agree one. Boris doesn't want anybody fishing in UK waters. That has always been a big issue over the years. Here in Irish waters too. As some countries do break the rules. Mainly Spain. Most of the other issues they can agree on. But this seems to be one issue he does not want to back down on. So if it ends up with no deal, you might have other countries stopping British boats fishing in their waters. Not that many EU countries have waters. Some do.

Any roads, virus wise? Numbers have gone crazy here again. Talk of a six month lockdown in the new year. Not that people will actually stick to that.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.