Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Heard that recently here as well. Had a bizarre article in the news in which someone said "maybe we should be vaccinating cats and dogs instead to stop it being spread", and Denmark was at one point worried enough about a mutated coronavirus found in its mink farms spreading to humans, that it started culling mink.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I think it was suggested here because of another virus found in some farm animals. It wasn't Covid. But when you are in the middle of a pandemic and a virus is found in animals it get tongues wagging.

Our lockdown has been extended as we guessed it would until March. Then they will extend it again. Vaccine and all of that. Hoping to have so many people jabbed by March. Even though they have no vaccine at the moment.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Heard that recently here as well. Had a bizarre article in the news in which someone said "maybe we should be vaccinating cats and dogs instead to stop it being spread", and Denmark was at one point worried enough about a mutated coronavirus found in its mink farms spreading to humans, that it started culling mink.
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I think it was suggested here because of another virus found in some farm animals. It wasn't Covid. But when you are in the middle of a pandemic and a virus is found in animals it get tongues wagging.

Our lockdown has been extended as we guessed it would until March. Then they will extend it again. Vaccine and all of that. Hoping to have so many people jabbed by March. Even though they have no vaccine at the moment.
    There were tigers in a zoo that had the Corona last year. They got through it. This is a twisted virus - very twisted and suspicious.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So UK's been having problems with influencers jetting off to places like Dubai for "essental work trips" - that being what those who of us who don't have a large number of instragram followers would call a "vacation". Seems to be taking images of themselves sunbathing, eating in fancy restaurant, or in a swimming pool with a cocktail. As you can imagine, not really gone down well at all here. We're all stuck at home, they're prancing around a swimming pool in bikinis. Had one this morning on breakfast TV doing an interview - "It's essential for work, my brand is doing exercise videos" or something. Response was "well why can't you do that in your garage?" Told us all that she had to be in Dubai to do the exercise videos because her mental health was so bad that she wouldn't be able to motivate herself to make them if she didn't take an essential work trip to Dubai, and therefore, wouldn't be able to motivate the rest of us to do exercise.

Seems now there's a travel ban in place, and if you fly back from Dubai, you now need to sit in a hotel room isolating for 10 days at your own expense. So wonder how many will be stuck in Dubai unable to get a place in a hotel room, or who don't have the funds to pay for there return.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If you had of seen all the tourists arrive home to Ireland yesterday. This caused a big stir with everybody. Under new rules nobody can leave the country at all unless it is essential. So you can get fined for even trying to make it to an airport. Odd rules. Talking about testing at the airport and then we hear the police have the power to stop people before the airport. Airport rule is in place. Testing if you want to leave. But how can this happen if you can't even reach the airport?

Elsewhere another stabbing death. I have lost count at this stage of the amount of stabbings and attacks in Dublin over the past year. Seems the new trend.

Leo is also in deep water after he announced that both Summer and Christmas of 2021 will probably be the same as 2020. Not saying he is wrong. What he done wrong was to say so early in the year. People are looking at those who have mental health issues. Have been a fair few suicides since all this lockdown stuff has began. To think Leo used to be a doctor. They are saying he is putting lives at risk with his wording. Not giving people any kind of hope at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I miss having students in the Library so much! I hate everything now. but "Teachers" when they come to the library the tell me about how much they Love not having to actually teach students in person!

Makes me so sick.
    I hate thier guts.
    The "Teachers" only care about getting a paycheck and nothing for thier students.
    Most would continue with this getting paid for maybe only 3 hours work online!

Students are dying in California from the lack of social interaction with people, but thier "teachers" are loving it!
    I hope there is some true karma somewhere, but being 60 years old and never seeing any real karma in my own life tells me no.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Todays bit of bizarre bit of news doing the rounds here. The reason we're doing okay at vaccinations is because the health secretary watched a movie called Contagion, which the plot was that there was a pandemic, and the CDC ended up doing a lottery in order to decide who got the vaccine. So, with the knowledge gained from Hollywood, he decided to order a load of vaccines, come up with a method of how to distribute early and who should get the vaccine first. All very bizarre if actually true.

Hope they don't get ideas on how to reduce the crime rate from The Purge.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    End of December and all of January have seen more deaths than the whole of last year in Ireland. Health experts talking Covid related deaths. That is not actually saying they had Covid. Loads yesterday were actually from last month. So why wait? Why not tell us about them as they happen? Others are saying the death rate has gone up since the first vaccine shots in Ireland. People have asked if anybody who got the vaccine has died. They refuse to answer that question. Game of cat and mouse going on.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We have the South African variant here now to worry about. That ones nasty it seems. Medical advisors said shut off the borders, put hotel quarantine in place a few weeks back. Now they're having to test every single person living in the area because of the SA variant.

I wonder if you've got the SA, Brazillian or the new British variant. That's where our higher cases and higher deaths are coming from. Those ones seem to be more deadly.

British Influencers are on Instagram whining that they're stuck in Dubai because of the travel ban between UK-UAE or that they did get one of the last flights back berore the ban but "Only had 1/2 an hour to pack!". Or that they're having to transit in Qatar, which is also terrible for some reason. Honestly could play the worlds smallest violin for them.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    All the strains of the virus are in Ireland. but again there are people who see this as an excuse for not handling things the right way. You know how it goes. Loads of deaths. Just tell them there is another strain of the virus that is worse than the first one. Then we heard of a third strain. Then a fourth strain. I am not very well up on how other strains of anything happen. We have the British strain. What is the difference between the UK and Ireland? The people are more or less alike. Blood wise. What we eat. So why a British strain? What went on in the UK that brought about a new strain of the virus? Same could be said for Brazil and South Africa. Could all countries of the world not have different strains? We might be looking at the climate in these countries. Then you would expect a new strain from a much colder country. Bit like they have no answer because it keeps on changing. Much like the flu is never the same every year. So no known cure for the flu. I think the sick and the old are dying. Are others who have not gone by any rules in a year who have not come down with it. Others getting very mild doses of it. Gone in a week or two. We hear of only four beds left in the ICU wards in Ireland. But we also hear of 150 deaths. Where they sleeping on the floor? That is when they came out with their back log story in Ireland. The maths was not adding up. People were asking questions. Today it was 7 beds left in the ICU. Yet between yesterday and today we are talking nearly 200 deaths. They have to explain it all. All they can say is the back log words. Or some deaths were upgraded to Covid. So when they died they were not Covid. Why a month later, when the burial would have taken place are they now treating them as Covid deaths? Others are talking about a confusing tactic been used. Keep coming out with things that makes no sense and the public will simply go along with it. They are not helping themselves at all. By confusing people. Because people do ask questions. Then they hit you with something else. I give up.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Seen a few people say that this will go like the flu does. You catch it, your immune system figures out how to deal with it and fight it off. It mutates. Your body sort of recognizes it and manages to fight it off. You grow used it. Then theres those who wouldn't survive it. Not sure how they do elsewhere, but each winter theres a big flu jab drive here. Everyone old or otherwise vulnerable gets rolled in every year. Just eventually going to become like the flu I think eventually. Old and vulnerable get a vaccine each year.

UK has a pretty unhealthy population, which its in denial about. Got a lot of people who dont particularly eat healthy. Got a lot overweight. Got a lot of smokers. Got quite a few people who drink a lot more than they should, and quite possibly have a drink problem but wont admit that. No wonder UK was hit quite hard by this. Need to wake up as a country.

Our numbers are apparently going down, but them we've all been sat indoors for a month so...unsurprising.

Being told not to book summer holiday at the moment. They dont think that'll be happening. Ryanair is still being optimistic about it though, and sending over a lot of junk mail advertising ?10 flight tickets to Ibiza in June.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Might not be Covid related, but the one thing everybody is talking about here is the amount of knife attacks in Dublin over the past few months. the numbers are through the roof. Not sure if people are just getting bored or what. Place has turned in to the wild west. Last victim died of her injuries yesterday. Coming home from work as was attacked. Stabbed in the neck. We also see axe attacks. just gone bleeden crazy out there. i do put some attacks down to Covid rules. Attackers know that certain parks are going to have a lot more people in them. So they are waiting to see targets. they attack them, rob them, and are away in a matter of minutes. Has gotten so bad that it has been brought up by the government. What to do about it.

Covid news, the hotels were tourists have to stay in for 14 days have armed police outside them. What are we turning in to? Detaining people by force if it comes to it. That had to be written in to law in Ireland before it could be used. That armed police could detain visitors in a certain hotel for up to 14 days. What happens if anybody tries to escape? Can't see the Irish police actually shooting them. hence many people asked why they needed the guns? Sounds like some far off country ruled by a crazy dictator. Armed police holding you in a hotel for a period of time.

You are not allowed go on holiday here. That will get you a fine for even attempting to get to the airport. Those same police stopping you again. Maybe the country is turning upside down. Police controlled state. A lot were fined for having house parties. Same police again showed up and raided the houses. This is all new to us. We do laugh about it. As the Irish police as a rule are a soft touch.

I guess this bloke is not exactly a genius.

Attachment 4767
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Almost like the pandemic is being used as an excuse to enact a police state worldwide! Look up The Great Reset. Scary stuff imo.

Also I guess we just need to reclassify the UK as a continent and it will solve your problems

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We have the hotel rule here. Not come into place, think they're still trying to find hotels. Only if you fly back from certain high risk countries though. South Africa, Portugal, Brazil, UAE. Can't go on holiday from UK either. Don't think they're stopping anyone going near the airport though. We don't do exit checks at airport, so it's just a case of board a plane. Say they'll put them in place though. Unless you're going into Scotland. Then you have to hotel not matter where you came from. That ones a bit laughable really. Anyone flying in who wants to avoid that will just fly into England and drive across the land border.

Dont know what would happen if somebody tried to escape the Holiday Inn they were quarantined in. Doubt the police would should them here. UK police is similar to the Irish police - soft touch. "Policing by consent" we call it. Likely would just be handed a huge fine if you tried to escape.

Reason they won't close the border here is because if they do that, Gov has to deal with the issue of how to get people back into the country. Has to start the process of getting repatriation flights to get anybody stuck outside of the country back who wants to get back. So they're doing everything short closing the border. Ban flights from certain countries. Bar travel from certain places to anyone who isnt a UK Citizen or a resident. Require a test before you board a plane, boat, or use the chunnel. Require hotel quarantines. Make it difficult, but not a blanket ban.

Edit - Dear God, why do we keep electing idiots who dont seem to have a grasp of geography. We had one a few years back who was surprised by how reliant we are on boats to trade with the rest of the word.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I don't think he understood that both Australia and the UK were surrounded by water. Not landlocked with other countries. Doh.

Anybody over 70 can not get the new vaccine. Who are we trying to protect since day 1? The elderly. No idea about the vaccine. But old people can't get it. Why are they even bothering with it?

Our police would jump with fright at the first sign of trouble. Having said that they did shoot that black dude with the butcher's knife a while back. Sparking a new wave of BLM crap here in Ireland. But they are the armed police. Only so many of them. Ones keeping people in hotels are not fully trained for using guns. Should give them water pistols.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.