Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    A few weeks ago the Republic of Ireland had a bit of a debate about getting doses of the vaccine for the North of Ireland. In other words the doses were been given to the Republic in larger quantaties. Our government said the North of Ireland should get an equal amount and refused to back down on the matter. Here is an amazing stat from today. You would ask what the Republic are doing with all the doses they got.

Attachment 4770
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    NI will be getting doses from the UK stock. 22% is roughly the same percentage that you're getting in the rest of the UK. Debate here was "should we be helping out the republic with our doses?" Because you know, open border.

I remember there was a kerfuffle on vaccines from the EU going to NI. EU made it so that vaccine companies have to alert them when they're sending vaccines outside of the bloc, and excluded NI by triggering a part of the withdrawal agreement that let's them do that, because the UK might have tried to smuggle vaccines out of the EU via Northern Ireland or something? Who knows. Lot of people saw it as "that'll cause a border". Did get the DUP and Sinn Fein to agree on that though, so that was something. But then DUP have just responded with bizarre demands that the UK triggers off that part of the Brexit agreement instead. Really don't understand DUP.

Theres an interesting trial going on here. Very healthy young person takes the vaccine, then you get deliberately infected with the virus. Get paid a few thousand for that. Not sure I'd be willing to do that. Started up here with instant tests now as well. Dad got one the other day. Tells you if you have it in ten minutes.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The whole thing was, a fear, that doses going to the Republic, would end up in the UK via the North. Work that one out. So they tried to evoke article 16 which can stop such things happening. That did not suit Ireland or the UK. That would mean nothing coming to the Republic. We stood up to the EU over this. So they backed down. The whole of Ireland is in this together. Pointless one side of the border getting vaccinated and the other not. We still have the doses. They are only been used this week. Very slow at rolling them out.

Lot of con stuff going on. I can see them having to pay out loads of money in the future. Various claims about the vaccine. That it done various things to people. Lot of people in Canada very sick after getting the vaccine. Small cost to pay in the eyes of some.

As for keeping people in a hotel with armed police? There was a challenge made against how legal that was. By a person who knew law and was been kept in a hotel. He simply upped and left the hotel. He saw a loophole in the law. Which has been now changed. They could not hold him there and he knew it. Told others they could leave too. Was kind of funny. Only noticed because he was a legal expert. In a way they were happy he pointed it out.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Very paranoid I think to think that doses would go to the rest of the UK via NI. Also would have been interesting to see how that would have been enforced. Do you check what's going South to North incase theres a few vaccines in the back of a van at the border? Would not have gone well. Definatley pointless one side being vaccinated and the other not.

Hotel quarantine started here. Think it is illegal to leave. Only have to do it if you've been to certain countries though. Few people been caught trying to do a flight transfer to hide the fact that they've been to one of those countries. Get caught when they're found to have a Brazillian passport stamp. Getting to the point where we might be able to lift the lockdown. Would much rather be able to lift lockdown here locally, and have the travel restrictions and quarantines in place to stop a new variant coming back here and causing yet more havoc. Love to be able to travel right now. It sucks that we can't. Always some excuse from those complaining about being stuck in a hotel as to why they're exceptional and absolutley had to go to Dubai or wherever, or that they're shocked by the changes. Been very short notice changes to travel restrictions/quarantine requirements since August. And they got 2 weeks+ notice on this change. Wouldnt particularly want to be sat in an Ibis for 10 days either, but very little sympathy for them. Should not have travelled, knew this was coming.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The way they are getting out of Ireland is by using dentists in other countries. These are used on a regular basis. Only now people are booking dental appointments and not actually keeping the appointments. Just holidaying instead. But it has been copped onto now. Oddly enough cosmetic work would also mean you could travel. How dumb is that? You simply get a letter from them and you can't be stopped. Thus they were writing up bogus letters. You pay them for the letter and you can take off wherever you want to go. Everything is been copped onto now though. Big clamp down on it. You can use a dentist in Ireland only. Is cheaper to fly to some other country and get the work done. Mainly a nice sunny country. LOL.

This whole article 16 thing is to stop goods coming through Ireland. Going up North. Then to the UK. But with the vaccine, there was a shortage at the time. Ireland wanted the North to get it along with us. But as this batch was coming from the EU they did not agree. The North was part of the UK. Thus not in the EU. If article 16 was brought in, Ireland may as well quit the EU. At that rate they could stop anything coming into Ireland. The fear it may end up in the UK. Load of rubbish.

Hard to really know were Ireland is at the minute with the virus. We hear different things every day. Still people dying. Still loads of cases. College people having house parties. Schools and colleges are all still shut. Still only level 5 lockdown. Not a lot has changed. How they could lift it I have no idea. Numbers are not better when they locked us down. How much more can people take?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Numbers are down here. Whether due to the vaccine, or because everyone has been sat indoors since the new year who knows. Supposed to be getting a "this is how we are reopening" Boris speech on Monday. See what they say. Keep getting mixed messages about it all - telling us all we'll be able to have a normal summer. Then telling us we won't be able to. Then telling us we will again. So who knows. Discussion needs to be had soon about what to do when the at risk are vaccined. Think they're being overly cautious this time with reopening. But little excuse for the shutdown to continue when the at risk are done.

Group 6 is supposedly about to be vaccined here - the moderatley at risk young people. Although they've missed some people out. Ashmatics, for example, known to be particularly high risk, are not on the list, and bizarely, bipolar disorder is on the list of makes you more at risk conditions. Bit confused by that one. Not sure why bipolar makes me particularly at risk for covid-19. Would have thought ashma was more of a concern myself. Guess we'll see if I get a text from the NHS about a vaccine soon. Had one guy here in the news that got an invite sent out because he was down as being 6cm tall at his doctors, so had a BMI of 100,000 or something.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They want to life the lockdown by the 7th of March here. But the vaccine is been rolled out so slowly here that they won't meet the deadline of that date. Still only on people over 85 here. Way behind. Schools have to go back too. They have no idea how all that will play out. Is more the teachers who don't want to go back. They see it as a eisk for now. I agree too. Can have only 10 people in a big church at a funeral. But they want to stick 30 people in a small classroom. Makes no sense at all. Saying it is safe for school kids. They said that before and schools had to shut down after outbreaks. Leaving cert will be done if students want to do it. Or you can opt for selective grading again. But last year there was a computer error and the grading was all too low. Still a lot to work out here.

Lockdown has been extended till May.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We had the exam screwery here as well. Computers marked kids based on what the school previously achieved. Kids got the wrong grades, lost university places. Got very embarresing when it turned out that the computeres had increased the grades of those who attended a private school, and decreased those who didn't. Lot of news stories about kids who'd managed to get a place at Oxford University, but lost the place because they'd dropped three grades because they went to a rubbish school. Lasted a few days before there was a uturn on that. So this year they're just going by what the teacher says a grade is.

Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Lockdown has been extended till May.
    Ouch. But unsurprising if the cases aren't going down enough, and they're trying to buy time for the vaccines. And the cases would go down anyway come summer.

Need to see what they say Monday. Rumours are "schools back March, shops open April, pubs and restaurants in May." We will see.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Honestly, we heard 4 different things over 4 days. Yesterday it was said the country is not ready for the lockdown to be lifted. But schools will be allowed to go back. Makes no sense that one. Is still a risk with that for teachers and pupils. The Brazilian strain has been found in Ireland. Fear is that people who got vaccinated can catch the Brazilian strain. We simply hear so many mixed messages. That is what is bugging people. Stick with one story. Don't keep on changing it. Come May they will have an another excuse. People think August will be the real date for the lockdown lifting. That is a very long lockdown.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Schools are meant to be going back. But they went back in January for one day. The teachers forced there hand a bit. They went on strike. So no teachers? No schools. They're currently apprehensive about going back without a vaccine, so it could be that that happens again.

Theres a lack of Boris Boosterism and positivity this time. Usually wed get "everything will be back to normal soon!" all the bloody time. But people have tired of that. People dont want to hear constant Boosterism about how it will be normal by said date, and then it isnt. Absolute let down for them, causes plans to be cancelled. Last one was "Christmas will be normal! It will be sorted by then!". And then it wasn't. "Christmas got cancelled" is what people are saying here. They're telling us holidays wont be on this year, stop booking holidays to Portugal or wherever. Usually wed be getting the Boosterism. But summer holidays cancelled would destroy them this time round I think.

Not that its stopped anyone. For some reason, people are booking summer holidays still. Theyve been warned they wont be refundable this time round. "Cant travel abroad due to covid" won't be an unforeseen reason for cancelling this time round. Travel insurance wont pay out on that one.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Schools are meant to be going back. But they went back in January for one day. The teachers forced there hand a bit. They went on strike. So no teachers? No schools. They're currently apprehensive about going back without a vaccine, so it could be that that happens again.

Theres a lack of Boris Boosterism and positivity this time. Usually wed get "everything will be back to normal soon!" all the bloody time. But people have tired of that. People dont want to hear constant Boosterism about how it will be normal by said date, and then it isnt. Absolute let down for them, causes plans to be cancelled. Last one was "Christmas will be normal! It will be sorted by then!". And then it wasn't. "Christmas got cancelled" is what people are saying here. They're telling us holidays wont be on this year, stop booking holidays to Portugal or wherever. Usually wed be getting the Boosterism. But summer holidays cancelled would destroy them this time round I think.

Not that its stopped anyone. For some reason, people are booking summer holidays still. Theyve been warned they wont be refundable this time round. "Cant travel abroad due to covid" won't be an unforeseen reason for cancelling this time round. Travel insurance wont pay out on that one.
    Things may NEVER be normal AGAIN!

I’d rather risk getting sick and dealing with the outcome than live our lives in fear forever! What kind of messed up life are kids at schools having with over a year of their education ruined???

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Things may NEVER be normal AGAIN!

I’d rather risk getting sick and dealing with the outcome than live our lives in fear forever! What kind of messed up life are kids at schools having with over a year of their education ruined???
    Yeah, roughly 2 school years disrupted. It's been chaos - open and shut, open and shut constantly. They're currently trying to come up with some plan here as get the kids to catch up. Do they have longer school days for a while? Cancel the summer holidays and sent them to school during those to catch up. Going to have to come up with some plan for how to do that. Feel sorry for the ones who've had exams.

Think we will eventually - we'll either end up immune, or we'll learn to handle it better. Spanish Flu pandemic a hundred years back ended. Flu viruses come back each winter, but we've learned how to deal with it. The healthy feel rubbish after catching it, but are generally fine after a few days in bed. Those who aren't so well get offered the vaccine. Covid I suspect, will eventually be treated like the flu is each year.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It will be in the hands of the teachers here too. If they refuse to go back to work, nothing anybody can do. Some exams have been already cancelled here. Reason for teachers been as they are is because the government are the ones going on about how dangerous things are. That the lockdown can't be lifted. Then telling teachers, ' but for you '. You lot will have to go back to work. Last two attempts we have a good few schools close because of outbreaks. There is a risk and the teachers are aware of it. Why should they be made take that risk?

When Leo was in charge here he kept using lines from films. He assumed nobody knew until he was asked what film he would be using today. Trying to sound like a great speaker. We have to come together by staying apart. Became know as his pundemic. At the moment they have no idea what each is going to say. I did mention that before. One would say one thing. Another would contradict the first one. Only to have none of them used at all. This is what people are fed up with. We hear things that are not going to happen.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Think people want a bit of honesty here really. Not false hope being dangled in front of them, like Christmas. Then having any christmas plans they made be made illegal at short notice. Rumours still going round. Schools in March. Shopping and Gyms in April. Restaurants and Bars in May. Foreign Holidays and Nightclubs come August. But all dependent on the vaccine program. And whether or not the foreign holiday destination will let you in, of course.

The teachers sent in a note last time citing working law that said they can legally refuse to work if it was unsafe to do so. Had backing from the teachers union to do so. Enough did it that it caused a problem. So schools shut. Now they're going back, a few are saying "We need the vaccine." They're not prioritized at the moment. Surgery near me has had to come out and say "Look, we get you're frustrated, but we're not going to prioritize you above those who are medically vulnerable." One school has got in trouble already for telling its staff to book as healthcare or social workers...which they're not, and they get caught out when they don't show up with ID showing that.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What we are hearing here is new laws been brought in surrounding opening and closing hours of pubs and night clubs. I already thought they exicisted. though I think they mean a much shorter opening / closing period. you do have to wonder if things will ever go back to normal. Will people trust life as it used to be? Social distancing might be the new norm. I can't see face masks sticking around.

The normal weekend videos appear on a Monday morning. Gangs running riots in certain housing estates. That has become the new norm. Have lost count of the attacks at this stage. All young people. Who would be in school as a rule. Even more reason to try and get the schools back open again. The number of attacks will go down in Dublin.

I shouldn't laugh. But a swinger's party went ahead on Valentine's night. That caused a bit of a stir. How could you not laugh.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.