Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The no holidays allowed is here as well. ?5k if caught travelling for holidaying. It is not just todays- no visiting family abroad either. There is a list of reasons on the UK gov website that you are allowed to travel for, and if it is not on that list, you will be fined. With business travel, there is a list of occupations that are allowed to travel for work. This is because former Love Island contestants turned influencers were travelling to Dubai for work purposes, which seemed to be taking holiday photos on posting them on Instagram. There is no ban entering the UK if you are a citizen or resident - although you may need to quarantine because it is a red list country. But for those red list countries? There is no direct flights. Colleague is currently stuck in South Africa because of that. Travelled over in February last year to give birth, spent maternity leave there - and now cannot return. Not because she isnt willing to quarantine or will be stopped from entering, but because she cannot get a plane back.

There are quite a few people from outside the UK I think who do not realise the level of restrictions we have here, and have been in since November my area. By the time this lifts it will be month 6 of this. Pretty much everything is shut here. No shops other than groceries. No travel outside of the town you live in without a good reason. Which needs to be on the list of good reasons for leaving your town. We are all pretty much sat indoors, with the exception of the once a day daily exercise. Legally you cannot exercise twice. Only once. Currently debating whether or not it's worth heading over to the office just so I have an excuse to leave town.

Dont get me wrong. These restrictions were needed at the end of last year. The Kent Variant was rampaging through the population here, I lost count at one point of how many people I knew who had tested positive. We were desperate at that point. The total death count passed 100k, hospitals were overloaded. Hence why the vaccines were approved fast, and why we lengthened the gap between the 2 doses to get more people having 1. Who knows if the current numbers being down is due to all of being sat indoors and not doing anything, or because of the vaccines. Lot of people thought that was a risk. It has paid off.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I think a full picture will only be gotten when lockdown is lifted. People are allowed back out. Places allowed to open again. Then we will see how good these vaccines really are. If they do anything at all. As it stands we are all still in lockdown. Can't really tell a thing.

We had one girl live stream herself been chased by the police on a very busy motorway. Went on for miles. Then she began taunting the police on social media. Then she arrives back from Spain. That got her a very big fine. Is like a nobody has become a somebody for doing wrong. She is breaking all the rules. Plus all these marches. They even had a so called religious march last week. I said it was an anti mask march using religion so the police would leave them alone. Well know far right person was there with her cross and bible in her hand. Plus nobody was wearing masks. If religious they would have had masks on.

I see no reason to lift the lockdown here at all. Not at the moment. We were put in lockdown with lower daily cases. Hard to know what to do with the schools. More and more outbreaks. To me that was the first lifting of any lockdown. Allowing schools to open back up. That has turned out badly so far.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Aye, we'll see a few weeks after April 12, when the pub gardens, beaches and outdoor areas of restaurants reopen. Got to try at somepoint. Gibraltar might be worth seeing. They claim to have 95% of adults with one dose. I do cynically wonder if that was done deliberatley, given they're being supplied out of the UK supplies. Vaccinate them fast, only 33k or so people living there. Then open up, use as a test dummy.

Protests are currently banned here as a "mass gathering." That has gone well for the government. Women in London was kidnapped and killed not long ago. So lot of people turned up to a vigil. The police cracked down hard on that. Had images of people being handcuffed for attending on the news. Has been very controversal. So now they're having to backtrack quite fast on that. They will be allowed from next week, just fill out a risk assesment form if you want to hold one. There was an anti-lockdown march last week in London. Most of us were very confused by that...because the stay at home rules end next week, and things start reopening not long after that. So why on earth are they protesting, they are getting what they want. A few of them also got arrested for protesting. Few more for having travelled out of area without a reasonable excuse, because they were out of towners who'd taken the train in.

Haven't heard much with the schools reopening a few weeks back. Haven't heard so much about cases rising or anything. Teachers haven't been done unless they are of a certain age, or have a medical condition that makes them eligable. They are not getting done as a prioirty here, they have to wait until it is there age-group. But students and teachers have to do a lateral flow test twice a week, and isolate if that is positive. Those give you very quick results. Had one of those today, got the its negative text within half an hour.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    R.I.P.
    Quote Lucid View Post
    Are you serious?That kinda gets under my skin.
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Oh she is serious. Not a vaccine sort of person. She is all against such things. From when she first thought Bill Gates was going to microchips in them.
    Quote Lucid View Post
    No worries everyone has a right to there opinions .I'm just a little sensitive on the subject.Hopefully no hard feelings
    The chip is too big to be put in a vaccine. The chip in question is the size of a rice grain. It wont fit through the needle of a syringe. I am still waiting to hear from the drugstore. It has been two days already.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Interaction is the only way anybody will know anything about any vaccine. People mixing. Then it is all about how long the vaccine lasts for. Maybe 6 months? So they are expecting things back again later in the year. Next Winter might be a tough one. People might need another shot. This might be the new norm until they find one to do away with Covid. That might take a few years if possible at all.

I think people will protest no matter what. Give them what they want and they will find something else to protest over. Because that is what they like to do. These kind of people are never happy about anything.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Rumour mill going mad here. Rumours of a vaccine passport, seemingly because Boris said "pubs may decide to enforce it themselves." Or "We may consider it". So naturally, media goes mad and exagerrates and stirs up a wild hysteria. Because thats what it does here. Has done for the last few years. And then a lot of people start panicking that they're about to be forced to have a "biometric vaccine passport", whatever that means. Honestly, as an example as what I mean?

Take a government briefing with Q and A asked by the media. Sometimes it roughly goes like this -

Media - "Will people have to continue to wear masks when they commute to work trains?"
    Gov scientist - "Well that will be up to the individual to decide if they want to or not."

Headlines - "PEOPLE WILL BE FORCED TO WEAR MASKS ON TRAINS FOREVER!"

Media - "Will I be able to go to work if I'm coughing, sneezing and throwing up all over the place like I used to before?"
    Gov Scientist - "Please don't."

Headlines - "SELF ISOLATION TO LAST FOREVER AND EVER!!"

Media - "Will people be able to go on summer holidays this year? Can you gurantee that?"
    Gov scientist - "We are concerned about the situation in europe and the risk of variants."

Headlines - "FOURTH WAVE COMING TO UK! THEN FIFTH! AND A SIXTH! HOLIDAYS CANCELLED! DOOM AND GLOOM FOREVER!"

Edit - Ah, right on cue. Exhibit A here of media going mad and whipping up hysteria. Although this isn't British. https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...anent-pandemic

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Extra, extra, read all about it. Here yesterday we saw footage of the army taken over the airport. Just seemed weird as our army are bloody useless as a rule. They never do anything. Here is a bit of action for them. In other news there are calls for the head of a private hospital to be fired after he gave the vaccine to private school teachers and pupils. His claim was he had it over and it had to be used. You are meant to ring up the HSE and tell them if you have any over and they will tell you what to do with it. Like send it over to this place or that place and they will use it as they are running short. He never rang up anybody. Just his own son's school. Not going down well at all.

Numbers are still high here. More people been tested though. They have set up free testing in hot spot areas. If they test more, the numbers will only go up. Logical really. Think they are lost as to why the numbers are not coming down. 2021 has been nothing but lockdown. Has not changed a thing.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Never been as strict as Ireland here - you're about the only country in Europe that was stricter than we were - but "hard to explain what life is like to those abroad" pretty much rings true here. Don't think the Americans or some of those on the continent realize just how strict the lockdown is, and how little freedom we've had here with it. But being stuck in a lockdown with no end in sight - yeah, nah I don't envy you all over there. About the only thing keeping people going here at the moment is pub gardens reopening on April 12. If that gets delayed, might well end up seeing the protests we've had elsewhere in Europe. I wish I was joking here. I'm not.

Stay at home here is ending in a few hours. So everything is still shut until April 12, but at least I can leave the house now more than once a day for "exercise".

Watching Macron is interesting at the moment. Claimed the other day that France had vaccinated the same amount of people as the UK because we have delayed the second jab. Which is twisiting the truth a bit. Not quite sure what they're doing at the moment. One moment the Astrazeneca isn't effective in anyone over the age of 65. Now it isn't safe to use in anyone under the age of 55, but you can use it if you're over 65. Deaths and cases are soaring over there at the moment. Guessing they'll have to lock down again soon. Elections next year over there. Thanks to how bad it's been handled over there, Le Pen seems to be rising in the polls. That'll be...quite something.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Another 6 weeks of this lockdown rubbish. No lifting of anything only you can now go 10 KM from your home. Why change that? Because everybody ignored the 5KM one. That has people saying if we ignore everything else there is nothing they can do. I get the point. Imagine everybody simply ignored what was been asked of them. Not a lot a government can do in that situation. It will never happen. You will have groups ignoring it all. Those groups will grow in number the longer we are in lockdown. Marches been planned on a much bigger scale. I am writing this before the government announces its plan. But I can say I will be right. Easy to guess what our government is planning. Just have to look at the numbers. If they are higher than a certain number lockdown will remain in place. Considering they locked us down when that number was less. Any reason to change anything at all? Other than distance from home. A guess on what might happen? People with both doses of the vaccine might be allowed do things first. Haircuts and the likes. Cinema. But for that you would need proof of the vaccine. Good excuse to head down that road of a vaccine like passport. Small fact is there never was a plan B. Lockdown was the only answer they ever knew.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    One thing heard yesterday was that there was people from the republic who were previous UK residents (whether the North, or GB itself) applying to get vaccines in the North.

They were issued NHS numbers when they lived there. And those numbers still seem to be working. Heard of one case where a man moved away in 1991 whose number still worked. So long as they meet the age or have a health condition on the list, they're able to register. Cant say I blame them. You're a 60 year old worried about getting sick if you catch it and you've got a wait at home, or you go North and you're eligable to get it instantly and be protected.

And the interesting thing is that NIGov has decided to look the other way. Pretty much said "well technically it's not allowed, but were not actually going to enforce this one." Usually would enforce that one, had an issue before where it turned out there was a lot more people registered with a GP in NI than there were actual residents, due to the fact it is free in NI. But then Arlene has been pushing for the supply to be shared for a while, pointing out thatd matter little if NI was fine if the republic was not.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Main issue here is why we couldn't have the vaccine made in Ireland. One of the makers owns one of the biggest companies here in Ireland. Our government should have offered them a contract and got them what was needed to make the vaccine in Ireland. Only just over 4 million people in our country. How hard would it have been to make at least 8 million doses? Instead the depend on other countries. Everybody thinks that is a mistake. One that could have been avoided. They are so slow in the roll out. Have no idea what is arriving when. How many people will turn up for the vaccine on any given day. Could have all been avoided. Plus we had 3 people escape from a hotel under armed guard by the army. 2 were caught quickly. Other is still not caught. They think he fled up North. Irish army for you. One job. Guard that one door with your guns. They couldn't even do that right.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    That's the thing that this pandemic has shown - the importance of producing things such as vaccines at home. Literally one of the few things I think theyve done right here is throwing money at a few companies in order to set up the factories here. Produce something like 2mil AZ a week here for a 65mil population. Novavax also seems to be made here, hopefully should have that in a few weeks. By all accounts tried to get Pfizer to make here, but they wouldnt.

For some reason though, making vaccines here for our own use is controversial. The US does that and nobody says a thing. But for some reason, the UK doing it is the worst thing in the world.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If you can make a vaccine and it is safe, go ahead and use it. It will always have to pass tests. i know the UK are making another one. Not approved as of yet. Ireland already has an order in for that one. The problem here is how slow things are been done. The government make it sound like we are doing great. Or they are doing great. They have not even got 1/4 million people vaccinated as of yet. That is not something they should be boasting about. How great they are doing. Ireland has about the same population as Manchester. You would imagine you could get that amount of doses. Too slow off the mark. By been too slow you end up last in line. Now we have another 6 weeks in lockdown. Talking about letting 2 people in a house who have bought been fully vaccinated. Who has been fully vaccinated though? Only ones would be over 80. My own mother is who is 82 this year is due for her second dose on Friday. Who do they expect to meet up in houses? OAPs? Talk of a cinema opening for those fully vaccinated too. Again OAPs all heading to watch a movie?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, that idea got mocked a bit like that here. So will it be all the OAPs with 2 shots going on party holidays to Ayia Napa? OAPs going off to music festivals, or rollling into nightclubs with there zimmers? Those are the places that there seems to be speculation of vaccine passports needed.

Grandpa is getting his second dose next week. Twelve week wait between them here. Relief to be honest that he will be getting it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.