Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    If you can make a vaccine and it is safe, go ahead and use it. It will always have to pass tests. i know the UK are making another one. Not approved as of yet. Ireland already has an order in for that one. The problem here is how slow things are been done. The government make it sound like we are doing great. Or they are doing great. They have not even got 1/4 million people vaccinated as of yet. That is not something they should be boasting about. How great they are doing. Ireland has about the same population as Manchester. You would imagine you could get that amount of doses. Too slow off the mark. By been too slow you end up last in line. Now we have another 6 weeks in lockdown. Talking about letting 2 people in a house who have bought been fully vaccinated. Who has been fully vaccinated though? Only ones would be over 80. My own mother is who is 82 this year is due for her second dose on Friday. Who do they expect to meet up in houses? OAPs? Talk of a cinema opening for those fully vaccinated too. Again OAPs all heading to watch a movie?
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yeah, that idea got mocked a bit like that here. So will it be all the OAPs with 2 shots going on party holidays to Ayia Napa? OAPs going off to music festivals, or rollling into nightclubs with there zimmers? Those are the places that there seems to be speculation of vaccine passports needed.

Grandpa is getting his second dose next week. Twelve week wait between them here. Relief to be honest that he will be getting it.
    It was just announced that 15,000,000 Johnson & Johnson vaccines had to be discarded due to messed up dosages/ingredients. They were the one-shot people.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Thing here is the amount of people not showing up for the vaccine. Yesterday it was in the hundreds. All goes to waste. They have to simply chuck it out. Then we have people moan when some places vaccinate people that are young and not down for the vaccine. I don't think people get the picture. It has to be used up or else it is chucked. There is so much of it going to waste.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Thing here is the amount of people not showing up for the vaccine. Yesterday it was in the hundreds. All goes to waste. They have to simply chuck it out. Then we have people moan when some places vaccinate people that are young and not down for the vaccine. I don't think people get the picture. It has to be used up or else it is chucked. There is so much of it going to waste.
    Sounds like people not showing up as an act of civil disobedience because they don’t want the mark of the beast IMO!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Astra again? Saw the clot stories were back. Seems to be all in youngish/middle-age ish women. Few people wondering here if it is a reaction with a type of birth-control (those do have clotting risks, so could it be increasing the risk).

Moaning here as well. "All young people queuing up, I'm 45 and I haven't been offered it yet, I've got to wait."...yeah, because young people who have certain health conditions, who are carers or health workers are eligable. Though we did have a few who used up spares. But better to use it.

It is mostly all second doses here now, mostly going to the 70+ group, which is why 45 year old Ron is going to have to wait.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Sounds like people not showing up as an act of civil disobedience because they don’t want the mark of the beast IMO!
    Astra again? Saw the clot stories were back. Seems to be all in youngish/middle-age ish women. Few people wondering here if it is a reaction with a type of birth-control (those do have clotting risks, so could it be increasing the risk).

Moaning here as well. "All young people queuing up, I'm 45 and I haven't been offered it yet, I've got to wait."...yeah, because young people who have certain health conditions, who are carers or health workers are eligable. Though we did have a few who used up spares. But better to use it.

It is mostly all second doses here now, mostly going to the 70+ group, which is why 45 year old Ron is going to have to wait.
    They said that they would be ready for me. I applied for a vaccine almost two weeks ago - I received a text last Monday saying that I was still on the waiting list.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    AZ is back making bad news. More blood clots. My mother got her 2nd dose yesterday. Not of the AZ. Will see when she gets up how she is doing. But up until last night she was fine. Still hundreds of people not showing up for the vaccine. We could blame it all on young people. But they are doing the over 70's now. Is them who are not showing up. Over 80's are getting their second doses.

Good weather has made for packed beaches. They are expecting much of the same as last year. Funny really, when they were announcing the lockdown to continue parks were full of people enjoying the sun. At this stage they have had enough. Just doing their own thing. I am sure the police will be out in force over the weekend.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It is similar here...but with stay home ended, it is legal, so long as you distance.

Another big Boris announcement about covid tomorrow. They've even now built a special room for these announcements, painted it to look like a Travelodge. Seems to be making a habit of what is in it being leaked to the press a few days before. So we know that what is in it is about holidays. Looks like they will allow you to travel to countries with low cases and high vaccination rates. So, Israel, UAE, Bahrain, US. Lot of "Spainish holidays going to be swapped for Bahrain!" headlines.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Breaking News: Happy Easter!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    There is an easter egg shortage this year, shelves look like the toliet paper ones last year.

...do you guys do easter eggs over there? They're big chocolate eggs.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    There is an easter egg shortage this year, shelves look like the toliet paper ones last year.

...do you guys do easter eggs over there? They're big chocolate eggs.
    We can - I actually saw (and was thinking about buying - why. though?) Egg cookers! You hard boil them and then color them with the vinegar and dye tablets (PAAS brand). Yes, people still do it. It's been a long time since I have done it, though.

I tried to buy last minute candy and it was gone gone gone!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    People are simply doing their own thing here. Parks full. Beaches full. Street parties. Guess we will avoid a fourth wave by keeping the third wave going. They are all fed up at this stage. If we had an election tomorrow the government would be voted out. Not that a new government would do anything better. Would still be the same situation you would have to handle. One thing to think a change of power would do better. It wouldn't.

The North are in full riot mode. Because nothing was done to Sinn Fein members who attended a funeral. Bobby story. More than what was allowed in the church. They were just warned. So Loyalists have taken to the streets. Fighting with the police.

The mother had no ill effects are her second dose of the vaccine.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The riots continue in the North. Loyalists are blaming it on Sinn Fein been allowed break Covid restrictions for a funeral. That is just a bad excuse to riot. Have to give credit to the person who runs things in the North. Normally it would be an English person. He has come out and said to the DUP that this is people who voted them into power. For years the DUP have said they have not got any Loyalist backing. So to have him say that is like a kick in the teeth. Finally somebody had the balls to come out and say what we all knew for so long. Dup and Loyalists go hand in hand. Something they always denied. Fair play to him.

Now we have about 49 countries on our list of countries if people arrive from it is into a hotel with you. What is the bloody point if you can still come down from the North? Anybody entering this country should be placed in a hotel. Even from the North. The numbers are not going down. Still high enough. People ignoring everything at this stage. They are just fed up. Simple as that.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The riots continue in the North. Loyalists are blaming it on Sinn Fein been allowed break Covid restrictions for a funeral. That is just a bad excuse to riot. Have to give credit to the person who runs things in the North. Normally it would be an English person. He has come out and said to the DUP that this is people who voted them into power. For years the DUP have said they have not got any Loyalist backing. So to have him say that is like a kick in the teeth. Finally somebody had the balls to come out and say what we all knew for so long. Dup and Loyalists go hand in hand. Something they always denied. Fair play to him.

Now we have about 49 countries on our list of countries if people arrive from it is into a hotel with you. What is the bloody point if you can still come down from the North? Anybody entering this country should be placed in a hotel. Even from the North. The numbers are not going down. Still high enough. People ignoring everything at this stage. They are just fed up. Simple as that.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    People are simply doing their own thing here. Parks full. Beaches full. Street parties. Guess we will avoid a fourth wave by keeping the third wave going. They are all fed up at this stage. If we had an election tomorrow the government would be voted out. Not that a new government would do anything better. Would still be the same situation you would have to handle. One thing to think a change of power would do better. It wouldn't.

The North are in full riot mode. Because nothing was done to Sinn Fein members who attended a funeral. Bobby story. More than what was allowed in the church. They were just warned. So Loyalists have taken to the streets. Fighting with the police.

The mother had no ill effects are her second dose of the vaccine.
    There shouldn't be a problem if you are outside and spaced apart enough. Sunlight would kill the virus outright. The wind would flush anything out!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The North has been heading that way since January. Loyalists have been insisting that they're British way of life is at threat because of the Irish Sea Border, whatever that means. DUP have not been helping things. No idea what DUP want. Seem to be attached to a Britain of the past. Then there's the lockdowns. Been in this for a few months, not sure where lifting is at in NI. People getting tired of this. All just boiled over.

The Vaccine passport was in the news here. It'll be an app, apparently. Using your passport to verify that it is yours. With a QR code that can be scanned. Can't say I like the idea, even as someone vaccinated. Nothing we can do about travel abroad, we're guests in another country. Fair enough, they can ask what they wish. But domestically? Not a fan.

A large portion of parliment doesn't either. Lot of Boris trying to appease them at the moment by saying "only for a short while" and taking places off the list that will have to check for it. Might not even pass any vote for it. And then they'll probably screw up the development of the app anyway.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.