Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yeah, heard you had a few cases of the UK Variant over there. Absolute nightmare back in December/January/February when we had it. Spread a lot more rapidly than the normal one. Werent able to figure out for a while why there was such a high case number, what was causing it to spread so fast. Its what's causing havoc on mainland Europe at the moment. But the vaccines seem to work against that one. US is managing to vaccinate fast. Getting to the point where your vulnerable have mostly been able to get one, right? Does not have a supply issue like some other places. So hopefully, you will avoid the worst of it.

He was arrested after security dragged him out. I imagine he has a court date coming up, if hes not been got one already.
    For the most vulnerable and health care workers, yes. Now it's a flood of people waiting; I don't know what is the hold up. I think I might have to apply to other places. I have been waiting for early four weeks since I applied an I keep getting texts saying I am on their list.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We have a case in the courts at the moment. A woman who flew into Dublin and was put in a hotel. Her case? She tested negative twice and is fully vaccinated. So why is she been kept in a hotel? She sort of has a good point. If you are fully vaccinated and have tested negative before getting on your flight, should you be locked up with other? If so what is the whole point of the vaccine? Another 19 countries added to the list today. No idea why it is not every country in the world. If they visit it is into a hotel with them. Somebody is going to have to decide of the whole issue of those who are vaccinated. Other countries will have to decide too. Does a vaccine give you more freedom or not? Is a simple question. More like asking how much the government of each country trusts the vaccines they are handing out.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    That case is strange. The women who flew from Israel? Be interesting to see if she is sucessful or not. Although why Israel is on your list I don't know. Israel being a country with the worlds highest vaccination rates and plunging case numbers to the point they are pretty much starting to go back to normal. You can see her point. "Why are some European countries not on the list but Israel is?"

Shops open here tomorrow. You can go to restaurants and pubs so long as you are outside. You can go on holiday domestically, so long as you don't stay in a hotel. Being told we can think about a holiday abroad to greenlisted countries at somepoint, but not told us what countries will be greenlisted. Hairdressers have reopened, thank god. Haven't had a hair cut since December. Wales also seems to be reopening its border and letting people travel between Wales and the rest of UK.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Israel has now been removed from the list. Along with 2 other countries. I know Albania is one of them. I guess the woman shall be set free from the hotel and have any money she paid handed back to her. List keeps changing every day. I would have every country on it. But some countries don't come into effect until a certain daye. So we have a rush of people from those countries trying to get here before that date. Honestly I don't think they have a clue what they are doing most of the time. And I would ask would you want to visit Ireland were the numbers are still bad? Can't see why anybody would want to come here.

Oddly enough they have talked about easing of restrictions here too. Talk about confusing people. They will tell you the numbers are still bad. Then mention easing restrictions. The numbers were lower last year when they put us in lockdown. But the WHO saying only 0.1% are community based infections did not help any government. Lockdowns have to be jusitified. If the WHO is right, people begin to ask why we are still in Lockdown. though I have no idea were the WHO got that figure from. Probably a country were the case numbers are very low. You would think all these people would work together. Know what each other is going to say. So one is not contradicting the other.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I was going to say - no offense to Ireland and all, it is lovely in normal times - but why would you leave Israel to go to Ireland right now? I would not leave the UK at the moment to go to Ireland. For now, it is better to be here.

You can see her point - why is Israel on the list, but places like France and Germany where it is out of control not.

Primark has huge queues this morning. Lot of pent up demand.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Germny and France are on the list. Along with about 49 other countries. Hence the 3 were removed yesterday. i would still have anybody entering Ireland go through the whole hotel thing. Just until we see how the whole vaccine thing works out. We have not seen if it does or does not work as of yet. Because we are still in lockdown. Which is why it would be a waste of time to even want to visit Ireland. There is nothing opened. It would be a bloody boring holiday with added risks. This area I live in have gotten away with it all so far. They break Dublin down into the worst hit areas and the likes. We have never made any list at all. I did say all it will take is one case in the area and it will spread very quickly. A year and a month and we have done good in this area. Let us hope they can keep it up.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Germny and France are on the list. Along with about 49 other countries. Hence the 3 were removed yesterday. i would still have anybody entering Ireland go through the whole hotel thing. Just until we see how the whole vaccine thing works out. We have not seen if it does or does not work as of yet. Because we are still in lockdown. Which is why it would be a waste of time to even want to visit Ireland. There is nothing opened. It would be a bloody boring holiday with added risks. This area I live in have gotten away with it all so far. They break Dublin down into the worst hit areas and the likes. We have never made any list at all. I did say all it will take is one case in the area and it will spread very quickly. A year and a month and we have done good in this area. Let us hope they can keep it up.
    Ah good. France and Germany are still not on our list though. A few EU countries probably should be. There is a blanket hotel quarantine requirement in Scotland. But that's not in place in England. So people are getting around it. Fly to England, and cross the land border. Also a ban on anyone who is not British/Irish or who has residency here from entering from the redlist. And the entire Common Travel Area is exempted anyway. So long as you havent been outside of that for the last 10 days. So for a while you had people flying into Ireland from redlist countries get around the quarantine. Cheaper to sit in a hotel or Airbnb in Ireland and isolate, than it is to pay ?1500 for the hotel quarantine package. Not so much now. Our lists are fairly similar.

Pubs were able to open last night from 0:01. The gardens were, anyway. And open they did. It was also snowing last night. Shows how much some really wanted to go to a pub. Willing to sit outside in the snow.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Good AZ vaccine debate on the radio today. Comes after a few more blood clots. Medical expert on saying these only happen in people with underlying medical conditions. Can you guess the next question? Why are you even giving it to people with underlying medical conditions and putting them at risk of something serious happening to them? Good doctor refused to answer that question. They are saying they know why these people get blood clots. But they risk giving them the vaccine. Every doctor has a record of their patient's health. They should not be giving those at risk the AZ vaccine was the presenter's wording. If you know they might end up with a blood clot. He had a point. But the doctor refused to debate it any further.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Depends on what the condition is - is the potential risk of the clots worse than the risk of covid if they are unprotected? Often forgotten in all of this - those that are getting this that are young either work in a particularly job, or are classed as vulnerable. For the late, these are not healthy young people who will feel a bit rough for a few days but otherwise be fine. The clots are still a low risk, despite the media kerfuffle you are seeing. For those getting the vaccine who are young, there is a good chance that covid could be fatal.

Worth pointing out as well that there is pretty much no risk with a whole load of medications. Should we stop using them because of those risks? I have a long list of potentially serious side effects that are rare with one med I have taking. But the benefit outweighs the risk. Same with the vaccine.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I get medications have side effects and all of that. Lord knows I take enough of them. Never once had any side effects. Lucky me. I do think they write all those warnings to cover themselves just in case. In other words the same warnings come with nearly everything.

With the vaccine it more just a doctor refusing to answer questions for people. He was on the radio meant to be doing just that. But his agenda was to push the vaccine. Hence refusing to answer any negative questions. If he had of just answered them in an honest way there would be no talk about him or the vaccine again. If I do recall there was one vaccine they at first said could not be given to elderly people? Not sure which one it was. All sounded strange at the time. As they were vaccinating older people. If they considered that one to be a risk to older people back then, is it now safe? So many vaccines now. Was one of them. The same, in my mind would apply to the AZ vaccine. If they think it may be too dangerous for some people, and I do say only some people, give them another type of vaccine. As we all know there is no form to sign with these vaccines. If one was to go badly wrong, God forbid, you imagine the pay out? Others would probably come forward claiming other things too. Real or not. I will be called in about 2 months. Have not made up my mind as of yet. Happy to see others done first. LOL
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I do agree he should be answering the question - it would be an easy enough explanation. They have done that here - had someone explain the risk/benefit with this vaccine and how it rises/falls with each group. Hence why they are suggesting using something else for the healthy under-30s here - the benefit/risk is lower for them, they are less likely to die from covid and more likely from the clots. People accepted that when they were shown the figures - they are not as dumb as the scientists may believe, and they will not nessecerily refuse to have it.

Honestly cannot blame quite a few other countries for not trusting it. First they ban it for the over 60s because it doesn't work. Then they see it quite clearly does work, so they allow it to be used. Then they ban it for the under 60s. Lot of mixed messaging. What did they think would happen?

J&J is having the same clot problems. Uses same technology as the Astra (Adenovirus). Wonder if it's an adenovirus thing? Sputnik is that as well. Curious to see if that happens with Sputnik.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The only vaccine been used here in Ireland now is the AZ vaccine. All the other ones are gone / used up. To have someone like that on the radio does not help. You want people to take it. Lord knows the numbers who did not show up for other vaccines was high. AZ has been in the news so much in a negative way. So how many will fail to show for this one? They need some good PR about the vaccine. Which is not happening at all. All we hear are the bad things. That is not going to help. People ringing in radio stations talking about how sick they were after it. Case of do they stop those sort of radio phone in shows or just that one topic. Or even have a medical expert on to balance out the debate. It is all one sided. Not in a good way. The government and medical lot need to catch up fast.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Will post a link to all the crap we face every day of the week. Seems the AZ vaccine is on hold again for people under the age of 60.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...u4PGUmzhCc9wPw
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yup, the flip flopping of advice and guidance isnt going to help with confidence. And if it's the only vaccine you have availibille at the monent - you're in trouble.

Hopefully the rumours that theres more Pfizer coming your way from Germany soon are true.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So crazy one in the news yesterday - all non-essential shops reopened yesterday. I live opposite a Primark so can see the queues from here. Very long one. Can only let a certain number of people in per store.

Had a news reporter turn up to the Primark in Oxford Street yesterday morning (Londons big shopping street). Had people there who'd turned up at 5am so they could be first in when the stores opened up a few hours later. Madness. Cant believe people are so desperate for Primark that they'll go that early.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.