Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I just got a link that said the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is on hold in the United States.

Meanwhile, I just got my FOURTH weekly text saying that I was still on the waiting list for the vaccine.
    @Otherside - as a soon 46 year old, I can't help but think that if "things had been different", I would have at least had the first vaccine by now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    New York times reported J&J on hold because of blood clotting. No winning with this one at all. Ireland has an order in for that vaccine too. So much for the luck of the Irish.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Moderna has arrived here now, the 45-50 are being offered.

Lot of people seen to be panicking were heading into a third wave because weve opened up a bit. Miss that it's different this time though - the vaccines should hopefully keep the deaths down. I suspect we'll see a rise in cases - but less hospitalizations and deaths. Young and healthy havent been done - but they're not the ones that get severely ill.

Its been suggested that we all do LFT's regularly. Hope is to catch anyone asymptomatic. Can now stick in an order for a few online.

Quote Ironman View Post
    @Otherside - as a soon 46 year old, I can't help but think that if "things had been different", I would have at least had the first vaccine by now.
    You mean with what's approved? It's strange - were seeing that some places over there are opening it up to all 16+ soon. Few colleagues of mine in MA of a similar age have said similar to you - they are struggling to get it.

J&J hasn't arrived here yet. Not sure where it is on approval. But they have said they are watching what happens in the US.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They are lost as to what to do here. One they have is all but been blocked for people under 60. One they have ordered just got put on hold in the US. Such things don't exactly make the public want to get the vaccines. In a survey done up 98% said they would say no to the AZ vaccine. Worrying problem. Not the J&J vaccine has the same issues. How do you convince people to take these vaccines?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Moderna has arrived here now, the 45-50 are being offered.

Lot of people seen to be panicking were heading into a third wave because weve opened up a bit. Miss that it's different this time though - the vaccines should hopefully keep the deaths down. I suspect we'll see a rise in cases - but less hospitalizations and deaths. Young and healthy havent been done - but they're not the ones that get severely ill.

Its been suggested that we all do LFT's regularly. Hope is to catch anyone asymptomatic. Can now stick in an order for a few online.

You mean with what's approved? It's strange - were seeing that some places over there are opening it up to all 16+ soon. Few colleagues of mine in MA of a similar age have said similar to you - they are struggling to get it.

J&J hasn't arrived here yet. Not sure where it is on approval. But they have said they are watching what happens in the US.

I mean, with the existing vaccines, if Trump were reelected, a lot of this would have been straightened out. My drug store only texts me once a week. I am on day 33 of waiting. I guess it is common to wait this long. I don't really care. I like working from home and minimizing travel. I visit my mom at her assisted living facility and they all have been vaccinated and I wear a mask. My interactions haven't expanded.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What is been suggested here is not going down very well. They want to skip the 40's and 50 year olds and do the 30s and under because they think they are the main spreaders of the virus. They have gone back to the original vaccine. AZ is for over 60's only. The government are also making threats. Talking about staying in lockdown. The EU has had a go at Ireland over the tight restrictions of visitors coming to Ireland. They demaded we easy up on the Germans and the French. Which is wrong. When you consider a large number in a few hotels did test positive. Why should we be selective with EU countries were the numbers are still very high? Just let them enter Ireland at their own will and do nothing about it? Not that I would want to come to Ireland if I lived elsewhere. Numbers still high and the country still in lockdown. What reason is there to want to visit this country? Business maybe. But you could do that via a computer.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Depends what the business is. Had to send some staff to physically install hardware once or twice. That's apparently been fun arranging when weve had to do it, even when it's just been in the UK. Meetings and stuff can be done remotely though. Very few reasons why travel is needed. Far as I can gather though having actually looked into that one before, Ireland isnt denying entry to anyone with an EU/EEA/CH/UK passport if you show up at the border point, you just have to comply with the quarantine requirements. There is still FOM. Although that may have changed.

India is the big one here. Currently having a massive wave. But are we sticking it on the redlist? No we are not, seemingly because Boris is going there at the end of the month for trade talks in the post Brexit era. Probably going to be a uturn on that at the last moment.

Lot of panic here from some people. They're convinced were going to have a third wave because weve opened up a bit. Not sure what they want. Do they want us to be stuck in a lockdown until hell freezes over? We've vaccinated the most vulnerable now, and we are opening up cautiously. Do not think they are considering the economic damage and the mental health issues that come from being sat in lockdown. If there was not the vaccine things may be different, but there is one and we are doing well with it.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    All so confusing over here at the moment. Nobody seems to know what is what at the moment. As in what exactly is happening. Told the under 30's would be vaccinated before the 50's and 40's. Then told this is not true. It was the Minister for health who said it was happening. Then his own party leader said it was not happening. this is opening, that is opening. No that is not opening. This government don't talk to each other. They come out with things and then we hear different things later in the day that conflict what we first heard. I think somebody has to to make a simple statement saying exactly were we are at right now. What are the rules. If there are any changes. If people got caught doing things they are not allowed to do, I would not blame those people. Because of the confusion. The EU still trying to dictate what we should be doing as far as the hotels are concerned. If we are bloody confused I am sure the EU is even more confused.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    After 36 days of waiting, I made my appointment for 1:30pm. I don't know which of the two I will get, but we'll see. I have it at my closest drugstore.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Let us know how you get on with it. Hope the side effects arent to bad for you. I'm guessing it will be Pfizer or Moderna.

England had 1 covid death yesterday, UK as a whole 4. Considering we had 1500+ at one point, its phenomenal that we managed to get it down to that. Likely mixture of the vaccines and the strict lockdown we had from January - end of March.

Holidays look like they will be on now, but only to certain countries - Iceland, Ireland, US, Malta, Israel, New Zealand, Australia and Gibraltar. Looks like we'll be letting tourists come in from there, so long as they have a negative test. I spoke to a stall owner at Camden Market the other day, and they pretty much seemed desperate for the tourism, usually they'd make a lot of money from the tourists going there, that place is usually jam packed. But it was almost empty when I was there, pretty much just the English residents there. It'd be the second year without any for them.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Let us know how you get on with it. Hope the side effects arent to bad for you. I'm guessing it will be Pfizer or Moderna.

England had 1 covid death yesterday, UK as a whole 4. Considering we had 1500+ at one point, its phenomenal that we managed to get it down to that. Likely mixture of the vaccines and the strict lockdown we had from January - end of March.

Holidays look like they will be on now, but only to certain countries - Iceland, Ireland, US, Malta, Israel, New Zealand, Australia and Gibraltar. Looks like we'll be letting tourists come in from there, so long as they have a negative test. I spoke to a stall owner at Camden Market the other day, and they pretty much seemed desperate for the tourism, usually they'd make a lot of money from the tourists going there, that place is usually jam packed. But it was almost empty when I was there, pretty much just the English residents there. It'd be the second year without any for them.

They were still backed up. I arrived a minute or two late for my 1:30pm appointment. I got the Pfizer shot at 1:50pm and they put the information on my card. I go back in three weeks for the second dose. So far, no side effects. The doctor had me stay for 15 minutes and report back to make sure I was okay.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Johnson & Johnson vaccine has been reactivated for distribution.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So scandal brewing here - few months back when things werent great, Boris supposedly said "no more fucking lockdowns, let the bodies pile high in there thousands" or something to that effect. Was first reported in a newspaper usually supportive of Boris, been quite a few reports from various places saying yeah, we've got sources saying this too and a former advisor saying he has this on tape - so could very well be true.

If the tape comes out and it turns out to be true, it will likely be a shitstorm. Be interesting though - considering that when push came to shove, there was "another fucking lockdown" that lasted three months and a cancelled Christmas because of the numbers

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Cummings certainly has loads on Boris. This will be just the start. I am sure more will come out. Yes Cummings had to step down because of his own drive when he had Covid. He was the one all but running the country. Boris is probably shitting himself about now. For all he might have said in the past. How much was recorded?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It is an interesting saga. Lot of shit-slinging going on, few allegations that were unrelated to the covid. Started off with text messages between Boris and James Dyson with the later asking for a tax break being leaked. Boris blamed Cummings for that. Pretty much noone likes Cummings here after the trip to Barnard Castle during lockdown 1 whilst positive (said he was, no joke, "testing his eyesight"), so good scapegoat. Cummings hit back after being accused. Said Boris used party donations to decorate his flat. Said Boris is protecting the leaker because it's his wifes friend.

Now this has come out. Cummings says "I have recordings, I have lots of recordings of conversations". If those recordings are there, no doubt. Dont doubt there will be more coming out if there is more. Political miscalculation of the year if all true - not smart scapegoating the guy who knows which closet the skeletons are hidden in. Local Council elections in a less than 2 weeks time. Not a good time for this to all come out fore them.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.