Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So far, not much excitement. SNP so far holding the seats they had before. Gained one from Labour, another from the tories. But can see tactical voting going on - pro-union voters are voting for the most likely pro-Union party that will unseat the SNP. Going to be close.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I will probably hear more from you than any other media outlet. Not a watcher of TV. More a radio person. Normally they have the seats they hold no matter what. Same in all countries. Unless the people are really fed up with the government. They might start off high. Lot of normal seats. One or two gains. Then it will slow down and the others will come into play. Be interesting to hear how close anybody gets to the SNP. Will show what their support if like. Any changes in it or not. From the last election to this one.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I would not usually pay much attention to it to be honest - but keeping an eye on this one. Question of independence coming up again and all. Only reason anyone is I think. But they will have to eventually hold a second referendum. Cant just keep saying "we'll hold a referendum, vote for us and we'll do it", and then not. They say theyll do it in the next few years if they win this time. Will have to see if they do. Do think I probably see it my lifetime. Question is when.

No idea how I even would consider voting if I were up there. They make some good points, but they do not seen to want to answer some questions. What happens to the border? Not anywhere near NI level problems, but would still be an issue. What currency? Cannot quite figure out that one, dont seem to have an answer to "you may not be able to use pound."

Edit - Oh, they'll be holding a referendum now and Boris Johnson can take them to the supreme court to stop it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Do so many people not have to want a referendum? For example, let us say it was only a small amount who were calling for such a thing, it would not be worth while having it. As the majority didn't want it. Bit like with the North of Ireland. When is the right time for one and when is not the right time. Last one here was an all Ireland one. It failed. I think Sinn Fein assumed that people in the Republic would vote yes. but people in the Republic know what will happen if we do have a United Ireland. Loyalists would never accept it. Talking bombs going off in major cities in the Republic. Then there is the cost. Could the Republic afford to take on the North? The answer to that is no. It would break us. UK government gives the North so much every year. The North never turns over a profit. Always a loss. I am sure similar questions will come into play with Scotland. I am sure Scotland is far better off than the North. Money wise. No idea if it gets anything from the UK government? People think it is a simple case of freedom. Have to be able to afford your freedom. Support yourself. Maybe they would look to the EU for grants. But a break away country would most probably have a recession hit them to begin with. As they work out the finances. The border will not be the first thing on the agenda. But it would have to be worked on at some point. Bit of a nightmare really.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Its 5050. Right up there on a knife edge. Itd be 5050 at the moment that it would be a yes. Problem the noes have is that the younger voters are the ones voting yes.

I would not be surprised if they held a referendum, but put a super majority needed clause in it (60%+ yes votes), or another option on the ballot paper (more devolution, but remain a part of the Uk - I suspect that'd beat independence at the moment). Every now and then they bring up more devolution as a solution though and never go through with it.

Heard that - ask people in the Republic if they want a United Ireland and they say Yes. Ask people if they're willing to pay for it, and they say no. Germany had to spend a lot of money on its reunification back when the wall came think down. Think its only started to have finished paying that one off. Think I've heard somewhere else that healthcare is a reason that the soft-Republicans and dont knows would vote no. NHS is a lot lower cost than HSE after all. Legally, I think we have to hold a referendum there if there is a likely yes vote in the North. Is there in the GFA. Dont know if ROI has to accept it. Think ROI has to agree in a referendum.

Money wise - there would be a hit initially. No doubt about it. Suspect they would be okay in the long run. Not as rich as the UK whole - but then that's the 5th biggest economy in the world with London being an economic powerhouse. They do want to rejoin the EU. How quickly that would happen is anyones guess. Lot of people claim that they wouldnt be allowed for whatever reason, but honestly, if Kosovo and Bosnia can end up on the list of potential candidates with there smogasboard of problems, literally no reason Scotland will not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The younger voters change a lot of things the older voters would vote no for. Same sex marriage won here only because of young voters. As did abortion. Most never voted on anything before. Even flying home to Ireland just to vote. Talking from Australia and far away countries. Not even living here. All the older voters voted a big no on both issues. Is what they were used to in their day. Older people are the church goers too. Still follow what the church says.

Is not just the cost of the North. It would cause troubles. Bombs and shootings. The bombs would be planted down here to try and make a point. Do we really want that down here? Dublin would be the main target as the capital city. Is not worth more loss of life.

Yes we can just about manage to finance the Republic. A lot of it is borrowed money. The North would add about 90 million a year onto that. And you would get nothing back for your 90 million. As the North is always in loss come the end of the financial year. If you could make it even earn money back it might work after a while. But who would want to invest in a place were troubles would be happening again?

I think the EU wants to grow as big as it can. But it has to look at who it is taken in. Again money wise. What state the country is in. You can't accept too many countries that are broke. That makes no business sense at all. That would break the EU. Which would be amusing in some ways.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    As expected - will be SNP+Green forming a government. Those both pro-independence parties. SNP saying they will propose legislation for a second ref, and it will now likely pass, and says that UKGov can take them to court to stop it. It will be an interesting few years it seems.

You not let those abroad vote for a while then? Think we let ours vote for up to 15years after leaving. Let those temporarily away vote. Honestly think 15 is a bit long though. Maybe 5 to 10?

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Should be some court case. Will cost millions if people want to put in objections to the Ref itself. Anybody could challenge it. I am sure many will. I think a judge should make one ruling. Making it clear if anybody else wants to come to court the ruling will be the exact same.

No idea about voting here. Thousands flew back to Ireland just to vote. Do think it should be until you are legal in another country at least. You are legal to vote there now. So no voting here. That takes about 7 years in some cases. Sounds fair too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I dont know if it will get there - the statement was made to make Boris uncomfortable. "We were elected with a mandate to hold a second referendum and that is what we will do, we will put the legislation in place for that. I'm sure Boris Johnson wouldnt want to take us to court to defy the democratic will of the Scottish people. Scotland willingly joined this union, and to do so would suggest it is no longer a voluntary, but enforced." They will hold off until the pandemic is over a d done with, but they will look to hold it within a few years.

Now we have Gov saying they wont take Scotland to court.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I’m not getting
    The modern lie Moderna
    The liar Pfizer
    Or the Clotty Johnson

NOT GETTING THE FAUCI OUCHIE, NO MATTER WHAT FLAVOR !!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    So William Wallace might at last get his wish. Can others not contest it in a court of law? Say somebody else, not Boris, didn't think it was legal. Could they put a challenge in against it? Not saying it make any difference. More just annoying people who like to challenge everything. They do exist. No matter what the change is, there are always some who want to challenge it in the legal sense.

As for the vaccines? I will not pretend I am a big fan of them. I see it as let so many take the vaccine and all shall be well. Nobody is forced to take it. That is the important thing to note. I still have no idea what I will do if asked if I want it. I have gotten this far. Not like I do much as a rule anyway.

Ireland is starting to open up again. The problem? Workers. They can't find workers. People have been getting a PUP payment every week. In the past if work opened up and they signed off, we went back into lockdown again and they had to sign back up for it. Think they are afraid to sign off it. As it takes time to get it again. Fear that we will be locked back down again. Waste of their time going back to work.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They could. May be how it goes if the SNP hold one without Gov okaying it. But if the Gov oks it like last time? It's completely legal, the results will be accepted.

I'm not so fussed about those who dont want it to be honest. They're free to choose not to, and if there ever was any sort of vaccine passport idea that came into play, I'd be out there protesting with them. More irritated with the ones who feel the need to scream about it in London - where they dont even live, often coming from places that are nowhere near - and then abuse those wearing masks because they personally do not want to wear them whilst running around wearing yellow stars of David.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I most certainly don't scream about anything at all. Just I know my own body. What can bring other things on. The J&J vaccine, from those who have it makes you feel very bad for about 3 days. Stomach cramps and all of those sorts of things. They want to give that to anybody in their 50's here. No thank you. It will be the first time used in Ireland as well. Prefer to sit back and wait and see if anything else comes along. I am not anti vaccine. Do get my flu jab every year. Just not liking the way it is making people feel. You could argue that Covid would be worse. I would accept that as true. Still prefer to sit and watch and wait.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Not saying you are, just the idiots we have here.

They could quietly say, "no thank you" and get on with there lives, but nope. They feel the need to travel to London and protest and yell at people who actually live in London about masks and vaccines.

Its like the people you had in Dublin ripping off masks on the trams? Those are the idiots we have here.

Sorry, just have a fairly dim view of these people. I've run into them on the trains back from work and they are insufferable. Do not leave anyone alone, decide to harass those of who are wearing masks, whilst sitting there wearing a handmade Star of David. Lot of us on those trains are commuters - we are completely screwed getting to work if we get a ban from using them and I cant afford the huge amount of fines from not doing so. I doubt they use the trains for anything other than the odd day trip.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I hate those sorts of idiots too. As you rightly say, no thank you, that will do the trick. No need to go any further at all. Like we saw here in Dublin. They were anti maskers. But it is the same people who are against the vaccine and will take to the streets. Which there is no need to do at all. I think this mob didn't want to be told what to do. Anti everything. Lockdown, masks, vaccines. God forbid they did allow people with vaccines to do more. We will have these fools back on the streets again. Getting in the faces of innocent people who just want to get on with things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.