Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1145
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So today in Britain covid world -

Prime Minister and the Chancellor get contacted by NHS Test and Trace as a close contact of the Health Secretary, who is positive. So legally, they have to isolate for ten days.

They then decide to start a pilot scheme whereby they would not have to isolate, with the two of them taking part. Instead they would have to do an antigen test daily.

Needless to say, theres quite a bit of upset, because the majority of people cant just start there own pilot scheme to avoid having to isolate for ten days when we are a close contact of a positive covid case. One rule for us another for them kind of thing.

So then they uturn. Announce that they are actually intending to isolate. Prime Ministers discovers he can hold meetings on Zoom. And then tell everyone to follow the rules, isolate if they are a close contact.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I did hear about that one. Boris wanted them both to continue working from 10 Downing street. Not to do what others do when a person tests positive. Then it all changed. They would be doing what it meant to be done. Which is only right. Can't tell the public to do one thing and you do another thing.

Numbers are shooting here in Ireland. Majority are young people. There have been a few beach raves going on. Other types of gatherings too. Best one, that actually made the news, was a swingers party in South Dublin. Not the first time such a party has made the news during Covid. Simply because they are still happening. South Dublin would be all the posh areas. People with money to burn. More or less shows they are doing wrong things as well. People tend to jump on lower class areas and blame those people for everything. Weekly swinger's party if anybody is interested.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    They had a huge swingers festival about a month back here, hundreds or so turned up. Made the news. Drone caught a few images. Everyone was a bemused by the whole thing, more that swingers festivals and portable dungeons were a thing. Completely legal apparently. Might have been taking part of the festivals trial. Had to have a negative test before you could go and, well...

Grocery store emailed out to say that they will still require masks. Transport for London saying the same thing. As are Easyjet. Seems to be some businesses will, some not.

Edit - Another thing here with the Boris refusing to isolate thing. Iceland (grocery shop) and Greene King (pub) come out and said now that they have had to shut off sites because of people being told to isolate. Is because of the track and trace app - can pick up if you are a close contact of someone who was positive, tells you to isolate if you are. So a lot of people getting "pinged" by that. And having to isolate. So business cant have them in work because that would be illegal, and there's enough off work that they have to shut off shops. Being called a pingdemic in the news. Lot of angry business today asking why they cant use this special skip isolation pilot scheme so they dont have to shut shops.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    From what I know they are allowing close contacts to use a quick antogen testing method here in Ireland. First time they tried something similar was at the first music festival they had. It failed badly. Throwing back positive results for people who hadn't got Covid. If they are going to start using it full time, they will have to make sure it gives back the right results. Because this will be used for anybody flying as well, from what I know. Flying came back into effect from yesterday. Right the way across the EU countries. People with the vaccine were simply free to fly. Others needed a negative test result. But it was this quick testing method. Case numbers are back up here to over a thousand a day. I did expect this once things opened back up. Been locked down for so long. They are blaming younger people and parties and the new variant. It seems the original Covid from last year has vanished. It is all the Delta variant now. For all their talk about it, hospitals still have just over 100 people with Covid in them. So if we take their figures and do the maths out, that would mean that most people are in their own homes. They don't need any treatment at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Close contacts here - you get a PCR. But you still have to isolate pos or neg, symptoms or not. Theres some talk of letting the vaccinated not do that from August mind. Dont know why they thought this pilot scheme was a good idea. What did they think would happen, "Yay for Boris and Rishi, they're bending the rules a bit to skip isolating"?

More Cummings leaks. Seems to be slowly digging the knife in. Held an interview last night. Apparently Boris now didnt want a second lockdown because it was the over 80s dying. Bit of a bizarre quote in the text message Cummings shared. "Get covid, live longer". Also claimed he wanted to see the Queen when this all kicked off. Has a weekly meeting with her as a formality. Wanted to continue that. She is a women in her 90s. This was just before he got covid last year. Had to be told that he could kill the queen if he went and visited her.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We heard all about Cummings and Boris on the radio earlier. Boris not caring how many people died. Typical Boris really. I am sure there will be more to come. But if he had anything to topple Boris we would have heard about it by now. I think he is telling small things. Making Boris think he has something much bigger. Make him sweat a bit. We all know Boris sweats a lot.

Olympics now look in doubt. Too many coming down with the virus. People who are handling things on the ground are coming down with it now. Athletes and the likes are all catching it. Coin is in the air at the moment. Think at this stage over 70 athletes have it. Is meant to start Thursday. So none of those who have it will be allowed take part. Neither will close contacts. They are from a mixture of countries. I did think it was going to be called off last week. Due to the numbers who had it in Japan. Especially the capital. Were the games are been held.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    They had a huge swingers festival about a month back here, hundreds or so turned up. Made the news. Drone caught a few images. Everyone was a bemused by the whole thing, more that swingers festivals and portable dungeons were a thing. Completely legal apparently. Might have been taking part of the festivals trial. Had to have a negative test before you could go and, well...

Grocery store emailed out to say that they will still require masks. Transport for London saying the same thing. As are Easyjet. Seems to be some businesses will, some not.

Edit - Another thing here with the Boris refusing to isolate thing. Iceland (grocery shop) and Greene King (pub) come out and said now that they have had to shut off sites because of people being told to isolate. Is because of the track and trace app - can pick up if you are a close contact of someone who was positive, tells you to isolate if you are. So a lot of people getting "pinged" by that. And having to isolate. So business cant have them in work because that would be illegal, and there's enough off work that they have to shut off shops. Being called a pingdemic in the news. Lot of angry business today asking why they cant use this special skip isolation pilot scheme so they dont have to shut shops.

Swingers festival? As in swinging wee-wees, tah-tahs and hoo-hoos?..and catching Corona?! Not surprised .

Part II - Keep in mind all that I have been through with my car and work.

Sunday 7/18 - I reserve a car with the rental company for TUESDAY July 20 in case I don't get my car back, so I can go to my men's group meeting that I missed on July 12. 26 hours of use is considered two days - $210! I found out that rental cars during the JOEjanHorse administration have jumped 87% in the same six months as the 60% gas hike. It's the only time I get to see people (I need to go back to church, but with the Delta having arrived.....yeech). My men's group is small, so it's cool.
    I also go to the pharmacy to get a refill of my new halved dose of Cymbalta. They said I have NO refills left and that they called my doctor a week before and never heard back. My bottle said ONE refill and they acknowledged it. I think they needed to verify - they ask ME to call my doctor's office. OKAY.....Work + Car + Meds = Triple Test on my anxiety!

Monday July 19 - I take the car in at 9:00am as reserved. They told me that there were cars ahead of me.....so I make the stupid decision to be driven home. Shuttling from the dealer was stopped due to Corona, so there would only be rental cars.....but they were all out of them! The guy told me that it would only be possible to be shuttled in the morning hours. My car was done by noon and I had no way to get my car! My next thought is - well, I would have the rental for Tuesday, but I would need a ride to get to the store....also during the morning hours. I even got a phone call about the reservation I made online.

I called the doctor - was on hold for FIFTEEN MINUTES ....finally got through to somebody, only to be sent to an automated message system. Left a message around 10:45am. I got a call by 2:45pm saying that I had a refill but they needed to contact the pharmacist. By 4pm, I got a text saying my refill is ready.....and I can't pick it up . I had also called the dealer to confirm that I needed to be picked up the next morning. All good. 5:30pm - the rental car people called about my reservation.

Tuesday, July 20 - 8:35am - I call the dealer and yes he remembered me . He followed up and said the guy was on his way. I had the car and was home by 10:15am. My original estimate was $800 for the power steering fluid pump/hose and seprentine belt......it turned out to be $375....with the original diagnosis $520! I asked if the serpentine belt was replaced; they said yes. Too good to be true, but if they didn't, I wasn't charged. I cancelled the car rental online.

****A big issue with overcoming anxiety (I listen to Lucinda Bassett) is learning to be assertive and balance out the nerves. I felt like I was being an ass, but it still didn't come across that way. On Monday, at the dealer, I even talked to a guy who used to work there around when I bought my car there in 2006. He was a nice guy and would kill the BLM crap outright. He's black, I am white, and we get along. That's the way it's supposed to be! We have this stupid divisiveness that makes no sense. Do not pay attention to the agenda of Black Lives Matter - treat people as you would like to be treated and that's all it takes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    We heard all about Cummings and Boris on the radio earlier. Boris not caring how many people died. Typical Boris really. I am sure there will be more to come. But if he had anything to topple Boris we would have heard about it by now. I think he is telling small things. Making Boris think he has something much bigger. Make him sweat a bit. We all know Boris sweats a lot.
    Cummings likely thinks he is going to single handedly topple the government. Already toppled one minister who couldnt keep it in his pants.

Had the whole interview on TV today. Bit odd that one. Supposedly Boris claimed his true boss was the Telegraph (newspaper). Boris didnt lock down because the Telgraphs columnists would have been upset, and that it would have made the opposition look good. Says that he realized very soon the last election that Boris was useless and considered ousting him.

Dont like Boris much, but who does Cummings think he is? He is an unelected advisor, talking about ousting a guy who was elected not long before.

Guy doesnt like our current electoral system and doesnt want to change it to Proportional Representation. At this point it wouldnt surprise me if he wanted to replace it with a robot dictatorship. Reminds me of one of those "tech bros" who did a few HTML for dummies courses on Udemy and now thinks they are the new Bill Gates, anyday now they'll develop the next Uber.

Quote Ironman View Post
    Swingers festival? As in swinging wee-wees, tah-tahs and hoo-hoos?..and catching Corona?! Not surprised .
    Yes they had a wide range of, let's say, adult activities and props availibille. All very hush hush this festival apparently. But got caught on a drone. Was a few hundred of them turn up. But all completely legal.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Two idiots go to war. What other way can we put it. One just happens to be the PM and the other wants to topple him. Will all come down to what Cummings has on Boris. It would have to be something really bad. Small things are not going to topple him. As you do rightly say, one of them is nobody. But if he holds a lot on Boris, people might even pay for what he has. He won't be able to change anything about how the country is run and how people vote. Not unless somebody else high up gets him on their side. But would anybody be silly enough after seen all this and how he keeps track of all these old things? They would be an idiot if they could ever trust a man like him.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Boris Johnson certainly has become a turncoat. What is with him?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Boris has these little ideas that float around his head. Not ideas that anybody else would have. Is like there is the world Boris lives in and then there is the real world were everybody else lives. He can just come out with something new tomorrow. Call it a Boris moment. Hence himself and Trump were so much alike. You never know what the man will do next. Those around him can tell him what is best to be done. That does not mean he will listen to them. If you look for pictures of Boris doing silly things you will find loads. He is just another one of these people you find hard to take serious. Like with the whole North of Ireland thing. He agreed on one thing. Changed his mind at the very last second. Didn't want to do that any more. His latest with the North of Ireland was to make it so anybody who killed anybody else over the years can no longer be charged with hose killings. Lot of killings up there since the 70's. But this also includes the British army. Was one ready to stand to trial for what is known as Bloody Sunday here. Innocent people killed by the British army. He brought out this new thing just in time. To save this former member of the British army from facing any charges. Hard to know what will come next with Boris. You seriously just have to wait and see.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Boris has always been like this. Was mayor of London before this. Behaved like then. Spend a money up the wall on his stupid little vanity projects (Cable cars, buses with conductors, a floating airport, a bridge with lots of plants on it, and a giant slide). Dread to think what the UK debt will be when hes done throwing tax money at more stupid vanity projects (Bridge to Northern Ireland this time, with a giant underground roundabout underneath the Isle of Man - unfeasible for many reasons, not least of which that IoM isnt in the UK, so cant just decide to do that.)

I dont think Boris actually believes half of the rubbish he comes out with. He just does whatever well make him liked. Too scared to stand up to some of the crazies in his party. Flips and flops way to much on any decisions he makes. Makes huge promises to get elected but then cannot fulfil them.

His latest with the North of Ireland was to make it so anybody who killed anybody else over the years can no longer be charged with hose killings. Lot of killings up there since the 70's. But this also includes the British army. Was one ready to stand to trial for what is known as Bloody Sunday here. Innocent people killed by the British army. He brought out this new thing just in time. To save this former member of the British army from facing any charges. Hard to know what will come next with Boris. You seriously just have to wait and see.
    Oh yes, that amnesty plan.

Got to hand it to him, they've successfully managed to get NI to agree on something - that it is a load of shite.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Thing with the North was Loyalists were been named in killings of Catholics two days before Boris came up with his great plan. Their names had been kept secret for over 30 years. DUP named them. Which was an odd move in itself. Maybe Boris had spoken with them about what he was going to do. Thus 1 day they looked good handing over names of terrorists. Next day it didn't matter how many names they handed over. None would ever be charged. Plus the British soldier waiting to stand trial over the bloody Sunday killings. He is now off the hook too. Not going down well with a lot of people.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Politics aside on that, got to feel for the families who had someone killed who've just been told "Nope, no justice or answers for anyone anymore. They've been given an Amnesty. Sorry."

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    That amnesty crap is what our current President is going to try to do with the 1,000,000+ people coming into our country unchecked. They are secretly being moved into "opponent-led areas" to screw up voting.
    They are nothing but future votes for a party that wants one-party domination. They are faking ignorance; they know what they are doing. It's not going well with the country. They have Corona and nobody is saying anything!

Now, our President just voiced support for Critical Race Theory for kids, saying that white people oppress in 2021. He is destroying the Democratic Party with this nonsense.

Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.