Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Out of curiosity

Has anyone ever felt that their upbringing or words they constantly heard as a child impacted how they viewed themselves as a adult?
    Recently I?ve been thinking about this and thinking about the things I?ve heard over and over again stupid incapable not smart enough retarded slow non functioning mentally ill behind will never be able to drive she rides the short bus
    I?m starting to wonder what if I came from a family who actually had their own life?s together were educated and actually encouraged me too do my best and had more positive words vs negative words if I would be different honestly I?m very unhappy with my life my situation how I live as adult some days I question is this even worth living but I feel I just let the words and static?s become true
    I feel I?m incapable of working full time because I was told I can?t I haven?t even tried which is The funny part
    I?m told I can?t even handle part time work and I always fear I?ll mess up fail make a error embarrass myself so I get scared
    It?s like I really really want to work I want to drive I want to be happy but I?m not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I had to re-teach myself right from wrong when I turned an adult. Because my upbringing even the simplest thing of how to properly clean was wrong. There is a point in life when you become an adult that you need to become independent.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I live at home with the mother. But we do our own things. I guess I was always one for doing my own things. Be that DIY or cooking and the likes. I think if you grew up doing certain things all the time by the time you are an adult there will be lots of things you know how to do. If that makes sense. I have an older brother who always had things done for him and he struggles to do what I would class as easy things. Because he never done these things himself earlier in life. It differs from person to person.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.