Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Corona Virus (support thread)

A thread not of politics but of support for our anxiety and fears etc...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Horrid times at the moment. Sorry you've still got the food shortages over there. Had them here for a bit but, seems to be back to normal here thankfully.

Hope your family gets through this.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There was the initial panic buying. Big rush to get everything. No longer happening. Crowd control is in place at most stores here. But people are seeing there is no need to panic buy. Soap was one thing that was hard to get for a while. Bottles of it. Wash your hands. With what? No soap in the shops. Any amount of it now in most shops. Have to queue for some shops. Shop at the right time and the shop is all but empty. I do the big shop on a Sunday morning. Best time. I hate shops. My mother hates sitting in. We reversed roles. If everybody played by the rules it would all go good. Be patient. There is no mad rush. But you still get the fools. You always will. They are the danger. Because they play by their own rules. That is putting others at risk. These people I do my best to avoid. Might see them in the shops cutting in front of people. Coming far too close. Sort them out and everything would work out good.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Some people simply cut in front of you in the shops here. Giving you no room at all. Others are more polite. We gesture each other to go ahead. Before we move. So you have those who get it and are doing it right. Then others who haven't a clue or just don't care.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So I haven't seen my family in five months. I was hoping to travel to see them for mothers day, and then easter, and then my grandfathers birthday. That didn't happen. Can't even post a present over because the post office here is shut. Haven't seen my friends in the forty-or-so days since this began. Lockdowns been extended in my area, won't be seeing anyone for the next thirty days. Not been the most fun, but it is what it is and it's not safe to do so at the moment.

And we've had a huge number of idiots this weekend - a lot of who don't appear to live alone - throwing street parties, doing the conga, going on bike rides in groups, having picnics in parks, travelling miles to go to beaches or on scenic walks... "Well we've been couped up inside!" "It's a lovely day outside!" "We've missed talking to people!"

I don't know if I'm more furious, frustrated, aghast...we're going to be back where we were in a few weeks time because these people just had to have a street party this weekend because "it's sunny!". The complete selfishness of these people. Making it worse for the rest of us because they needed to do the conga across there street.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If I was living away from home I would feel the same way. I am amazed there is no post over there. That was the one thing they kept open over here at all times. Post lot even sent cards to every house in Ireland. You could send these cards to whoever you wanted for free. Message to a family member or whoever. It was their way of keeping of people in touch with loved ones.

People doing stupid things deserve a good kicking. I did mention one neighbour here who had a bouncy castle in her garden. Who does that at a time like this? A second wave could happen. That is what they fear most of all. If people rush back out and start doing their own things.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Having to buy baby wipes to wipe my [BEEP] it's crazy.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Have packs of baby wipes here. But not for the same reason as yourself. Just use them when not out to wash the hands. When out we scrub up with the soap. So the baby wipes are great in between times.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.