Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    A lot will depend on this pandemic. How long will it last for? The UK quitting the EU before it ends. Not saying the EU is doing anything to help the UK with the pandemic. Just a strange time to have to leave. Longer it goes on for the harder things will become. Been out on your own during those times might not be wise. Trade is going to be near impossible the longer it lasts. At least with the EU you can still trade freely until it ends. When it does end might be the right time to go. But that will lead to protests. Those who want out now. No better over here. Back into lockdown again. Christmas might be cancelled yet. In lockdown till December. 6 weeks. Though you can still buy alcohol. So house parties will continue. Panic buying has began for Christmas. I kid you not. Toy shops reporting empty shelves.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Problem is, we had the chance to extend transition back in June. Would have been sensible during the pandemic. Most accepted it was needed. The decided against it. Ideology over sanity. It's not going to affect them personally- they're far too rich for that. 2021 is going to be quite something as a result. Suspect Boris will be pushed by then and blamed for mishandling it. Suspect there will be a lot of people whining that the promised post-Brexit utopia with sunshine, rainbows and unicorns hasnt been delivered.

We'll be locked down again by Christmas. Numbers are rising here. Wales is going back under Friday. They're trying to half-heartedly do local lockdowns here in the Northern cities. Trying to keep the economy going whilst locking down enough to prevent the disease. They'll manage neither. They'll trash the economy in those places anyway, whilst not doing anything to.prevent covid. We've seen this happen last time. They'll wait until it's a crisis point, then shut things off.

Thought shops were shut in Ireland. Might be where the panics coming from though. Buy everything in case you can't go to the shops to buy Christmas presents.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Everything begins at midnight tomorrow. One shop posted pictures of the empty store. As in nothing left to buy. That was a toy store. Halloween comes first. We will be in lockdown for that. Telling kids to stay in the house. That should be some night. They tried the county lockdowns. Done nothing at all. Border counties have it worse. As they come and go across the border. Be an interesting one. AS FG don't seem to have idea what FF are doing. All saying different things. Leo slated the health bloke on TV. Saying level 5 would never ever happen. That was last week. Here we are on level 5.

Brexit thread. Can only wait and see what does happen at the end of the year. I think an extension would be best for now. Until the pandemic is over. So they will still have the trading and all of that in place. Leave and they might lose all of that. They can shop around between now and when they do leave. Be the smarter move to make.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    ^It would be best. If we had a sane government in charge that is what would happen. "We appreciate that people voted to leave, and we will honour that decision, but regretfully, we must focus on the pandemic, and ensure peoples livelihoods are nor impacted more than they need." Most would accept that, except by the thickest of thick. Who for honestly, nothing would satisfy them. Next they'll want to physically leave the European continent.

Part of me wonders if they just want it over with. Hide the economic damage with covid. Blame Boris for the fallout, get rid of him. He's very unpopular now - frustrating that it's taken ten months for my country to realize that they elected a knobhead. Start again with someone else in charge who isn't Boris. Lot of people here are comparing how bad the political scene here as it the moment to Game of Thrones.

We have Tier 1, 2 and 3 here. Roughly corresponds to "medium threat", "high threat", and "very high". We don't have low anymore. 3 means lockeddown again - sort of. Not full lockdown. But still means a few things have to shut. Pubs and the like. And not much financial support this time for them.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Boris as a fall guy. I could see that. Cameron jumped ship knowing what was about to happen. May never stood a chance. Another fall person. So why not Boris as well. It will only be when the full impact is felt that your average person will know what they have voted for. All sounds well and good to just up and leave. The average person has no idea of the fall out from such a move. Those who do want to stay in the EU. The rest of them think some sort of miracle will happen. Everything will be perfect.

Over here we changed to a new ' living with Covid ' system. Level 5 is total lockdown. Though a few things they altered at the last minute. Just various parties have no idea what other parties are about to do. FF and FG been the main two. They are in power together with the green party. Is like they are all acting alone. Things they say contradict each other. As I mention, Leo having a go on TV about the head medical bloke. The names he was calling him. Saying he had no idea what he was doing. Level 5 was not the way forward. FF then go and put us all on level 5. Making Leo look like an idiot.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Irish shops are running out of goods that normally come from the UK. Few stores are UK owned. Tesco and Marks and Spencers. Not getting anything in from the UK at the moment. You can tell too from the empty spaces on the shelves. Other shops are feeling the pinch too. Nothing coming from the UK at all. Be interested to see how this one plays out. Finally the news had it on today. I did mention about our local Tesco not having a lot of items in stock. Manager said a driver came down with the virus. I called BS on that one. More than one bloody driver working for them. News broke earlier that nothing is coming in from the UK. Shows how much we got from the UK as a rule. They did say it would start arriving soon. I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    SE-England is fine for food here, no shortages I'm noticing. Other parts of the country are saying they're struggling, but still nothing much noticeable. With the exception of Northern Ireland. Because of the protocol, nothing much is going between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. So been shortages in Northern Ireland.

Fishing has bee hit bad, ironically. The fisherman are the ones who've spent the last years demanding we bend over backwards for them and go no-deal so the EU isn't fishing in our waters and they fish fish fish to until there is nothing left. Now they're unable to sell there fish to the EU. Cant see much of in the UK because we don't eat the fish that's in UK waters. Idiots. What did they think would happen? Supposedly fishing in on the verge of collapse. Can't say I have much sympathy.

London has lost access to the a lot of its financial sector overnight because UKGov didn't think to negotiate that one, despite that being a large portion of the UK economy.

Load of pensioners in the news who've now only just clocked that they can no longer live in Spain/South of France/Italy part time or move there without a Visa. "We cant spend more than 90 days in 180 days there! This is terrible!" Again. Idiots. What did they expect? Gonna see more of that I think. Now need €2kp/m + health insurance to retire to Spain, and a lot of pensioners dont have that. Still wondering what they thought would happen.

Scotland is no doubt taking notes right now. Scotgov elections in May, and the pro-independence SNP will be banging on the "Brexit is bad for Scotland, vote us and we'll go independent and rejoin the EU and fix things" drum. If the SNP get a majority, then its going to get interesting. Don't think its clocked yet in England that Brexit and the way it has been handled has played right into the hands of the SNP.

I'm just sat here laughing at the whole thing at this point. Those people were warned and but insisted that wouldn't happen. Doesn't effect me much at this point. Jobs in a sector that won't be hit and thats easy to immigrate with anyway. Other half can still move to the UK without a Visa, and I can still move to Ireland without one. Foods still coming in okay to the South East. They voted for it. Should have figured out there'd be consequences.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Had to be some form of fall out for people in the UK. That much I was expecting. Had no idea what it would be. Now I know. With the shops here I am still a bit lost if it is over Brexit or our government now allowing people from the UK to enter Ireland. You need your negative test. Plus the snow in parts of the UK too. Still trying to figure it out here. If it is over Brexit it may go for some time. Yes they got a trade deal. Not sure if that would effect shops here and food from the UK. It might do. Might need to work something out between both countries. Lot of our stuff comes from the UK. We knew we would be effected in some ways. Here we are. Running out of certain types of food. But shops have said it will be sorted out quickly. I would use that line too to stop panic buying. That will happen if they think food will run out in all shops. Not all food. So much only. The UK stuff.

Worth adding in a member of the DUP was on the radio earlier moaning about where Brexit has left them in the North of Ireland. He was one who voted for Brexit and he was told so and now he would have to live with what he voted for. He said he had no idea things would be this bad. That was not what he meant to vote for. Things are starting to hit home with some of them.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Bit of both - lot of companies here being stopped crossing on both sides of the Irish Sea because wrong paperwork. Lot of companies on both sides not sure what was needed. Heard that one ferry firm is stopping UK-Ireland crossings and putting more ferries on Ireland-France routes. So, might be a while until the UK-Ireland ferries start up again.

Wonder if you'll start seeing less food from us soon, and more from the French/rest of Europe.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Worth adding in a member of the DUP was on the radio earlier moaning about where Brexit has left them in the North of Ireland. He was one who voted for Brexit and he was told so and now he would have to live with what he voted for. He said he had no idea things would be this bad. That was not what he meant to vote for. Things are starting to hit home with some of them.
    Christssakes DUP. They've been moaning here as well. There was a deal on the table that would have avoided the NI-GB sea-border. Several solutions proposed that would have avoided that. Didn't like any of them. They wanted a magical fantasyland deal. Got nobody else to blame but them for where they were.

Dont get me wrong though - I sympathize for NI being in the situation it's in at the moment, and it's a crap deal for NI. But DUP can quit there whining.

Think theres going to be a lot of "oh that leaving the single market thingy? Yeah, that has consequences" hitting home happening. Not so much leaving the EU that's the issue. It's going hard-Brexit and leaving the single market. DUP should have backed a Norway/Iceland/Liechenstein or even a swiss style brexit deal. Would have the issues.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Never thought about the paperwork That makes a bit more sense. You would imagine that would be a quick fix. Find out what they need quick enough. I know Ireland is going straight to France now, ferry wise. How about a person from the UK visiting Ireland for a long period of time? Any new paperwork needed there? Because that would mean the same coming from the North of Ireland to the South. Unless they can reach some sort of agreement.

The DUP were needed once. To make up the government in the UK. Boris knew he didn't need them. So what they said or which way they voted would mean nothing at all. That is what is annoying them deep down. No more real power. After Boris done his deal with the EU and it voted on they went against the deal. Made me laugh. They knew if they went against it during the vote it would not change a thing. Hey they did want Brexit. Rest of the North voted against it. The DUP were the main ones getting votes for it. They had some power back then. How quickly that all changed.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    People are fine - agreement there means that nothing has changed between UK and Ireland travel wise, still the freedom of movement between us, no need for visas. Irish can live in UK without one, Brits in Ireland without one. Been told I can use the EU passport queue and those egate thingys in Ireland, apparently theres a UK added to the end of the "EU/EEA/CH" signs at the Irish airports. Only way to really solve that part of the Northern Ireland problem. How well would that go down in the North if we suddenly said "well, you need a Visa to live here if you only have an Irish passport and not a British one?". Quite a few people in NI that'd rather cut there foot off than ever apply for a UK passport. Or worse.

Just anything going in that is the problem - needs customs paperwork and customs checks. If the lorries don't have that paperwork the Irish customs won't let the lorry in. Same in reverse.

DUP really managed to screw up. All they can do now is yell about how unfair it all is for them. Don't think many people like them much here either. They like to yell about how Northern Ireland must be exactly the same as the rest of the UK, except on a few choice social issues where they must be completely different to the rest of the UK and if anyones tries to make them change they pull the "but we are Northern Ireland you cant do that!" card. Lost a few seats in Westminster last election I believe. Went to the more moderate Alliance party. If they end up losing all there seats eventually and I never have to see Arlene Foster on the news again I will be happy. Morons shouldn't have backed a hard Brexit if they really wanted NI to stay in the UK. Irish reunification question wouldnt have come up as much as it has without Brexit.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You aware that the DUP blamed Sinn Fein for the high number of cases ( Covid ) in the North. But it was the DUP who voted against a lockdown, when Sinn Fein wanted a lockdown. It can get that silly at times. They will vote against something. Then blame others when it all goes horribly wrong. Now FF are trying to start up a party in the North. It was just thrown out there. Team up with a smaller party in the North and rename themselves FF. The DUP did not like that one at all. Some voters in the North vote for other parties apart from the big two. The SDLP still get votes. Not as many as they once did. Maybe it was them FF were going to team up with. Give people a different option in the North. Rather than the main two having shouting matches every time something goes wrong.

I will be shopping later today. Tesco. So be interesting to see if they got certain items in yet. I shall see what is there and what is not there. Think the worst thing they done was mention it on the news. Will people panic buy again? That is what I am waiting to see.

Quick edit to say there was a lot more people in Tesco this morning. Stacked up with what they could get. I assumed that might happen. Still all the Tesco items missing.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    You aware that the DUP blamed Sinn Fein for the high number of cases ( Covid ) in the North. But it was the DUP who voted against a lockdown, when Sinn Fein wanted a lockdown. It can get that silly at times. They will vote against something. Then blame others when it all goes horribly wrong. Now FF are trying to start up a party in the North. It was just thrown out there. Team up with a smaller party in the North and rename themselves FF. The DUP did not like that one at all. Some voters in the North vote for other parties apart from the big two. The SDLP still get votes. Not as many as they once did. Maybe it was them FF were going to team up with. Give people a different option in the North. Rather than the main two having shouting matches every time something goes wrong.

I will be shopping later today. Tesco. So be interesting to see if they got certain items in yet. I shall see what is there and what is not there. Think the worst thing they done was mention it on the news. Will people panic buy again? That is what I am waiting to see.

Quick edit to say there was a lot more people in Tesco this morning. Stacked up with what they could get. I assumed that might happen. Still all the Tesco items missing.
    Do you guys have toilet paper at least LOL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They do make toilet paper in Ireland. Won't run out of that. LOL
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.