Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I had to check that was a real article and...oh dear. The news in my country sometimes
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    They do make toilet paper in Ireland. Won't run out of that. LOL
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I had to check that was a real article and...oh dear. The news in my country sometimes
    Well, it's nothing compared to the sex doll the Russian bodybuilder married (Ukrainian?). Cuchculan tried to fix me up with an inflatable doll, but I told him she could blow up at me at any time. Feisty, she is

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Still major delays in items reaching Ireland from the UK. On the radio they said they were short staffed. I did order something from a UK site. As a rule would have only taken a week, at most, to get here. 3 weeks later and they did contact me to say there is a delay and they will keep me updated about things.

The shops did get in food that was not there last week. We can only wait and see how it all plays out.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So starting to notice the odd item out of stock here. No food shortages though, still able to buy stuff in and oddly still quite a bit of foodstuff that would usually imported be from outside-UK (Halloumi from Cyprus, French Brie, raspberries coming in from Spain.) So who knows if this is Brexit or just covid issues. Every now and then you see someone in the news complaining that they now need to pay customs charges on any parcels they buy from the EU, before there parcel is delivered to that.

Northern Ireland is not in a good place. Government has now admitted that the problems are not just "teething issues" and need to be resolved. Today the UUP idiots want the government to legislate so that "British firms are forced to sell to Northern Ireland" or something, because British firms have decided that the NI sea border is too much bother to deal with.

Then the more worrying part. Customs staff were told to stay home today because of threats from the loyalists. Been a few graffiti signs saying that border staff are targets, and staffs car registrations details being taken by them. So the checks have now stopped. Not sure if that means that nothing is crossing or what. Not good at all that.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So strange one on the news today. There's a lot of British retirees living in Spain - they form little English speaking enclaves on the Spanish coast, refuse to learn Spanish, refuse to integrate, and and generally make a nuisanse of themselves. Think of all the stereotypes you here about "immigrants doing this", and those retirees will do it in Spain whilst simultaneously moaning about foreigners. Quite a few refused to register as residents in Spain - which was illegal. They didn't want to lose access to the free healthcare in the UK, and they didn't want to be taxed in Spain. In theory, if you were in Spain before 1/1 you could stay, but these people have no proof of that because they did not register.

Now you have them on the news moaning they have had to leave Spain, or moaning that they got denied entry at the Spanish border. Sure there's still a few over there who have now become illegal immigrants. Wonder if we'll get the "Got arrested by immigration and deported, how dare they" stories soon. Absolute amazing one on the news last night - "Yes, I voted out, but I didn't think I'd have to leave Spain. The wife is in tears and I'm not happy"...Just what did they think would happen?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is a crime haven. Load of Irish crime bosses and their families flee to Spain. Same with UK crime bosses. They still ply their trade from Spain. I wonder will the police go near them? If they are from the UK? They hide away in their big villas. Mainly drug lords. Police have always been aware of them. As the rules are changing now, will they be kicked out too? They won't want to head back to the UK. That is for certain. One to keep an eye on.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Those are funny. I recall visiting friends in Spain years ago. They told me about other Brits who lived in these little gated houses a short drive away. The Brits didn't hang out with natives and one even boasted that he lived there for over 10 years and still didn't speak a word of Spanish.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.