Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

How does 1 know if they are struggling with OCD Or anxiety

I understand you guys aren?t doctors and can?t diagnose but Am more so asking what does what I?m describing sound like

Honestly I?m at my wits end
    Recently I made the decision to move in with my boyfriend In October I?ve always been a obsessive person where things need to be done in a pattern on time and a certain way but since moving in with him it?s gone through the roof I freak out if he puts a pen in his dresser drawer or even if he doesn?t put his clothes in his dresser a certain way he claims we repeat the same stuff everyday multiple times a day such as sweeping vacuuming moping doing dishes laundry cooking cleaning all over again he claims it?s pretty [BEEP] backwards and makes no sense it?s like I?m mentally incapable of not letting this stuff go it as to happen otherwise in his words I throw a fit but I don?t think he understands that every single day I?m mentally struggling because of this severely my stress is at a all time high my meds help to a degree but I feel at this point I?m not receiving the actual help I need because all I?m diagnosed with is GAD at this point I also struggle from some other stuff like compulsive behaviors that are self soothing when I become way to stress or anxious even I?m just ashamed of this all mentally I truly feel like I struggle with control I want to control the entire environment around and if I can?t it leads to a mental mess and unfortunately I can?t control everything I?m already micromanaging him way to much were it causes tension I feel like complete [BEEP] I feel I?m the reason why I?m unhappy but am even struggling on how to fix it because I desperately just want to be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    @Cassie have you spoken with a medical doctor to see if this is OCD?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Flavor View Post
    @Cassie have you spoken with a medical doctor to see if this is OCD?
    They said I only have compulsions and not intrusive obsessive thoughts so I don?t qualify on the DSM 5 or whatever

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Cassie View Post
    They said I only have compulsions and not intrusive obsessive thoughts so I don?t qualify on the DSM 5 or whatever

What are they doing to treat your symptoms even if you don't meet criteria you should still have your distressing symptoms being taken care of.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.