Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Does Kratom help your anxiety or depression?

I know a lot of people start Kratom to help quit opiates.I?ve never used opiates besides short term hydros for a dental procedure. So, is it stupid to start using Kratom if I don?t have past experience with any sort of opiates? I don?t have substance abuse problems and have never abused meds so I?m not worried about addiction.

My anxiety has been treated for a while (3 years) but I still haven?t found the maximum relief with conventional medications and therapy. Propranolol is the only thing that really help, but I don't want to be on the medicine forever as it's a heart medicine, not really an anxiety medicine.

Is Kratom a good treatment/tool for depression and anxiety? Obviously I?d still continue therapy but I just want to know if the pros outweigh the cons. If yes, do I dose daily? I really don?t want to run into tolerance issues. Just plan on using the lowest dose to receive results. Any personal experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I’m not very knowledgeable on pharmaceuticals so I’m not able to give a clear answer on how it compares to opiates but I do take Kratom weekly as a natural way to treat chronic back pain. This has helped my depression as the pain relief puts me in a much better mood.

It’s something I only take on weekends when I’m off work because some strains like the red ones can be very effective pain relief but give brain fog in my experience. I definitely wouldn’t want to work or drive while using it.

What works for me is taking some on an empty stomach with something acidic like orange juice. This helps the Kratom break down in the stomach much more quickly.

You’ll want to do your own research on what kinds of dosages you are comfortable with as to my knowledge there are no official medical guidelines. It’s also worth looking into different strains as some are more energizing (it’s related to coffee after all) whereas others are more relaxing. Many people blend different strains until they find one that works best for them.

Let us know if you end up trying it and if it’s effective for you.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    An old friend of mine let me sample some of his awhillle back.I don't remember the strain but I remember his reaction. "Dude veins are popping out of your forehead "

Never touched it again lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    A friend of mine bought a bunch of strains. Not sure anymore for what reason, but it was mental health related. She had a horrible experience, got sick as a dog on a small-medium dose. She's quite a tough lady, but had no interest in trying that again. She gave the whole bunch to me and I tried it. With similar results. It was awful and sickening for me too. I haven't been tempted to try any of the other strains or another dosage. It's been a while since I looked into kratom, but it seems to be a bit of hit or miss. How it works is dose dependent, if I remember correctly. It would make sense to aim for the minimum effective dose in any case, I'd think. If you do decide to give it a try, I recommend having at least the entire day without obligations. Good luck!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.