Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is something that is not going to sound good, but it actually was.

I hardly ever stop and get fast food these days. Yesterday during lunch I had to do errands within the hour, so I grabbed a fish filet at McDonalds and just ate the fish (not the bun and stuff).

Five hours later, I started feeling the first signs of food poisoning. I've had it twice before (the 2 hour kind and the 5 hour kind) The 5 hour kind is the worst as the poison has more time to build in your system.

I was at work, and wasn't sure at first what it was. But by the end of the hour I knew what I had. I toughed it out till 6 and then somehow managed to drive myself home in severe pain. By the time I got home, I was dizzy, constant pain and ...... well, the first signs of food poisoning (won't go into details) started happening.

If you've ever had severe food poisoning you feel you will die. After going to the emergency room the first time, I knew they do nothing. You just have to ride it all out. But this was the first time I was alone in the house. I brought my cell phone with me to where I was because somehow I knew I might have to call someone. I was very scared being alone this time.

I noticed my cell phone was about to run out of batteries, so I had to make a decision.......call 911 or somebody I knew who had a key to my house, who could help me. I tried my next door neighbor and there was no answer. I could have just called each one of my neighbors, but if they weren't home, I would run out of battery. So I called my daughter who lives 30 minutes away. I knew she would be home and hopefully her husband was, to watch the kids. He was and she said she would be right over.

She stopped to get me cold water and medicine. Then that sweet child (she's 30) stayed by my side for 4 hours last night. She just kept saying she'd stay longer to make sure I was ok. She said she will call this morning to make sure I'm better. The pain subsided, but I'm still weak. Lost 6 lbs (but please don't try that at home. )

But we talked and it just felt great that my daughter would do that. The tables have turned and my child was able to come comfort me. I get choked up just thinking that she was able to do that. My youngest son came on Weds and helped me clean the garage. It feels good knowing that I can count on them in an emergency.

So yes, food poisoning (and rat invasion .........why my son was here) actually created something that feels like something good happened to me.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Congratulations!!! Are you a first time aunt?
    Thanks. No I have another niece who is 2 years old. She's the older sister.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    This is something that is not going to sound good, but it actually was.

I hardly ever stop and get fast food these days. Yesterday during lunch I had to do errands within the hour, so I grabbed a fish filet at McDonalds and just ate the fish (not the bun and stuff).

Five hours later, I started feeling the first signs of food poisoning. I've had it twice before (the 2 hour kind and the 5 hour kind) The 5 hour kind is the worst as the poison has more time to build in your system.

I was at work, and wasn't sure at first what it was. But by the end of the hour I knew what I had. I toughed it out till 6 and then somehow managed to drive myself home in severe pain. By the time I got home, I was dizzy, constant pain and ...... well, the first signs of food poisoning (won't go into details) started happening.

If you've ever had severe food poisoning you feel you will die. After going to the emergency room the first time, I knew they do nothing. You just have to ride it all out. But this was the first time I was alone in the house. I brought my cell phone with me to where I was because somehow I knew I might have to call someone. I was very scared being alone this time.

I noticed my cell phone was about to run out of batteries, so I had to make a decision.......call 911 or somebody I knew who had a key to my house, who could help me. I tried my next door neighbor and there was no answer. I could have just called each one of my neighbors, but if they weren't home, I would run out of battery. So I called my daughter who lives 30 minutes away. I knew she would be home and hopefully her husband was, to watch the kids. He was and she said she would be right over.

She stopped to get me cold water and medicine. Then that sweet child (she's 30) stayed by my side for 4 hours last night. She just kept saying she'd stay longer to make sure I was ok. She said she will call this morning to make sure I'm better. The pain subsided, but I'm still weak. Lost 6 lbs (but please don't try that at home. )

But we talked and it just felt great that my daughter would do that. The tables have turned and my child was able to come comfort me. I get choked up just thinking that she was able to do that. My youngest son came on Weds and helped me clean the garage. It feels good knowing that I can count on them in an emergency.

So yes, food poisoning (and rat invasion .........why my son was here) actually created something that feels like something good happened to me.
    Good to hear your kids are looking after you. I hope you are feeling much better!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a fun time at the movies today.

JustGaara's Avatar Hurt Good.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My new laptop almost fell in the full bathtub but I caught it before it did.
    I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl who's still around the morning after...

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I made a friend in my spanish class!!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I nuked five spambots before they even got a chance to post. Yes!!!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    I made a friend in my spanish class!!!
    Congrats!

Yossarian's Avatar Television Man
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I returned a call about a job. I have to go in for skill testing on Friday.
    "Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had my first job interview.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    For once, I was able to talk to my mother about my anxiety and everything.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    I had my first job interview.
    How did it go?
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ordered two 240GB Corsair GS solid state drives and they shipped within an hour. That should be here by Monday, but hopefully I'll get lucky and get it on Friday!

Speaking of shipments, my 6 cartons of Higgins and Burke Earl Grey tea get here tomorrow and I will be in tea heaven. Hard to get, but worth every penny.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    How did it go?
    It was pretty good, I was asked to come in for orientation next week.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    It was pretty good, I was asked to come in for orientation next week.
    That's fantastic, well done xxx
    life---> <---me

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.