Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Otherside
    Did you make it through Arwen alright? A serious storm, I see.

The difference in approach is significant. Looks like non vaccinated people will gradually be more and more restricted in where they can go over here. Tomorrow a sort of evening/night lockdown will take effect for everyone. Hospitals are being overwhelmed with new cases. Again. 70% at the ICU is not vaccinated. 1.2 million adults aren't vaccinated. Still very high potential for a horrible scenario. Doctors are warning for code black approaching rapidly. If that's a Dutch term: that's when doctors have to choose for who'm there'll be a bed in the ICU and for who'm not.
    Other healthcare has been severely scaled down to accommodate the new COVID cases. Not everybody is going to survive that. People waiting for radiation, for instance. It's pretty bad.

I'm worried about the elderly and more vulnerable people. We're the lowest in Europe with boosters. Only 0,6% per 100 inhabitants. The other day I read a booster will most likely be coupled with the corona pass in the EU in the near future. No booster, no access. Won't happen for me any time soon. I'm the only one in my family who is vaccinated. Sisters and mother are anti vaxx. I'm worried about my mother and niece who has asthma. Mom has an auto immune disease and is 74. Everybody will contract COIVD soon or later.

Taken from a screen shot, a bit blurry.
    Booster NL.jpg
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    @TuanJie
    Thanks, I'm doing okay. All advised to stay indoors today though, so have just stayed in my apartment today. Is a noisy storm though. 98mph/160kmh gusts of winds here. Been a few images of lorrys being blown over. Cousins opted to drive back up to Scotland in this today.

That doesn't sound good if it's approaching that. Other care being shut off...yeah, i agree. Kills people in other ways. Heard here a few months back that the Cancer backlog is several months long (as in the screenings for cancer are being put off, so early detections wont be happening.)

I hope your Mum and niece are okay through this. Looks like its going to be a rough winter for some places in Europe.

I think you're right - we're probably all going to get it at somepoint.

I've got my booster tomorrow. May be fun getting to it with Arwen though.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    In Ireland it looks like lockdown again. Though will they actually call it lockdown? I had said no to that one. The health experts want us locked down for Christmas. In a sense I can see why. The numbers are through the roof again. Is not getting any better. So the question been asked of the government is do you just let it get worse? Because doing nothing will mean things getting worse. Restrictions brought in last week were a joke. Places to close earlier. That meant that those places simply opened earlier. Thus changing nothing at all. So I can see them hitting us with a lot of new restrictions. That will amount to a near lockdown. But not actually calling it a lockdown. I do think social distancing needs to be brought back in. People have let that one go out the window here. Might be on a queue and have the person behind you nearly on your back. I like my space as it is. Limit the number to shops again. To hell with football matches and all of that. Let them have their games. Without the fans. Because that is a big issue. Large gatherings. So that might be what they aim things at. To stop large numbers been in one place.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    We have some restrictions back. Masks back in stores and on public transport. If you fly back into the UK from abroad its a Day 2 PCR + quarantine until the result of that. Entry banned from most of Southern Africa unless you are a citizen or resident, then its 10 days in a quarantine hotel at your own expense. Only they made the announcement and didn't tell anyone when these new rules were coming into place. So now everyone is a bit confused. Anyone coming back from abroad is wondering, is a LTF enough, or do I need to get a PCR and isolate until result? (Bet you the guys at passport control haven't got a clue either, as always...) This being because of Omicron. Not because of cases. Still allowing travel from Austria, for example, which is high.

Lot of noise about Omicron from here. Thanks to the UK media being a hysteria machine ("We're all going to die!" "Christmas cancelled again!", blah de blah), hard to filter it out. But looks like the symptoms are "unusual but mild".

South Africa is pissed with us. And the rest of the world for shutting off there flights. Can see where they're coming from. World shut off all travel from UK when it was Alpha that was here. Big queues at the ferry terminals when France stopped the ferries and the trains. Whole load of lorry drivers stranded here unable to get back.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    One major change is asking younger kids to wear face masks. Telling others to just don't do stupid things. Come on. Tell people not to do things and they will go right out and do it. Just waiting to hear if anywhere is been closed down again. Suggestion is barbers and the likes. All Christmas Pantos and other shows are off. Even if they are not off people and simply cancelling orders for tickets. Should learn more as the day moves along. Still think they will target places with crowds of people. Especially indoor places. I might be wrong. We will know later.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Otherside
    Gosh, that's some serious wind! Good to hear you're okay. How's the booster landing? The fallout of my second shot was pretty rough.

Indeed it's not looking all that good, pandemic wise. What I hear about the pathology of the Omicron variant is encouraging though. It would be pretty awesome if it's more infectious, but less harmful. From my limited understanding of virology at least.

It's hard not to worry about my non-vaccinated family. It's simply a matter of time before they'll be infected. My mother is careful, but I wonder what her thoughts are about the future. Staying pretty much indoors indefinitely doesn't look very appealing. I can't see how this is a sustainable strategy. It looks to me my family is scared about COVID, but even more scared for a vaccine against it. COVID is here to stay, so it'll be a miracle if they won't get infected at some point. That doesn't seem to sink in much. It's not like they believe it's a common flew or something like that. Guess that's the worst of both worlds.
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    @TuanJie

Thank you. Booster went fine, are now rolling it out to all adults at 3 months after second dose because of Omicron. It would definatley be good if it was the more infectious, less lethal version of covid. Will likely be more cases in the UK, will have to see if it outcompetes Delta. So far, no other variant has been able to.

I hope your family stay safe through this. Horrid times.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Rule of six back?

Due to Omicron or rising cases?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Both. Did say they would bring in more restrictions. They done just that. Vaccinated are blaming the unvaccinated now. Have to see were this one goes.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I went through a ten-day quarantine after Thanksgiving. I was exposed to people who were directly exposed to a person who had it. The person had a 101F fever and stayed home while the rest of the family met. My stepsister's family. She has three kids and an exchange student. The exchange student was sick. Two days later, my stepmom got a call from her and said that the exchange student tested Corona positive. Then came the family.....

The oldest daughter is 20, in college, and vaccinated......but could still be carrying Corona.
    The middle son tested negative (he's 18 )…..he had Corona last year and didn't know it!
    The son's girlfriend, who was at the dinner, tested positive.
    The youngest daughter (17 in January) tested positive.

Three cases added right there. My stepmother just had her booster thee days before Thanksgiving and was told that it was good after 24-48 hours. She quarantined six days.

This is our latest info from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia.
    For the vaccinated....
    If there is exposure - a combined time of 15 minutes or more in a 24 hour period. Quarantine mode is suggested. (We were around each other for 3-4 hours, talking, hugs, handshaking).
    A total of TEN days quarantine if untested; FOURTEEN for unvaccinated. Isolation needed for symptomatic people with Corona.
    If tested.....
    The person must wait FIVE days, up to SEVEN days before even taking a test. If the test is negative, quarantine ends. If it is positive, then 10-14 days is suggested.

I was told by the staff at my mother's assisted living home that (1) appointments to be tested are hard to get, (2) tests are likely not in stock, and (3) only the test that requires lab work is accepted by most places....the rapid test isn't considered acceptable since it can have false negatives.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    How much do they cost over there? I know people who have flown over to the US, say it's going to be $150+ for a PCR for all of them and getting it done in 48 hours is going to be a tall order (need a negative test in order to board a plane to the UK) - non-citizens though, and admittedly, don't really need to be going on holiday over there.

They are free here, have always appeared in my mailbox within 24 hours hour when I've put in an order. Unless you travel. Then it's $50 range, probably won't appear the same week you need it. Because why should anyone else pay for tests if you go on holiday. But it has become a bit of a joke when you pay money for a test and it doesn't show up. Go abroad it's now pay for antigen test to board plane home, pay for a test to be done before Day 2, isolate until negative result. Will not let you on a plane to the UK unless they see all of that. (Then they don't check any of it when you land, just point you towards the automatic passport gates).

Exposure here is 10 days if it is omicron. No special treatment for being vaccinated. Can avoid it if it's non-omicron and vaccinated, unless you have symptoms. If you are told to isolate by test and trace it is illegal not to isolate and they can (and will) enforce it if needed.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Would it really surprise anybody to hear a statement released has said this latest variant is no worse than any other variant. All but telling us one is the same as the other. But medical experts in SA were saying that from the start.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Gonna get boosted out of 2021 at December 31st

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    We're being contacted by the health authorities for a 3rd shot now, here in British Columbia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.