Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    @Otherside I don't fully get the incentive not to ban them. Foreign investors pay property taxes sure - but they also aren't usually working and living locally, paying income taxes, goods and sales taxes, being part of the actual community. Even from a financial perspective it must be better to house citizens and residents who actually contribute to society here. My theory is the investors are in the policymakers' pockets, or too many policymakers themselves own investment homes and don't want to see their values take a dive.

Anyway, I can add another 2 reasons my country sucks:
    1. Lack of cities and urban development. Second largest country in the world and we have only three real cities, and the smaller ones are way spread out and not worth the cost to fly. I've never felt this more than during covid when I have very few travel options domestically... lots of great nature but I'm more of a city/cultural tourist.
    2. Lack of national identity.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    @Heelsbythebridge Here it is that the developers make money building these homes and selling them to rich non-residents, make more money from them that they would from a local. There are Britons that do it outside of London - buy up second homes as a "holiday cottage" in beauty spots. Then the locals in those places struggle to buy a home in the place they are from, or even rent somewhere because these houses are left sitting empty for them to use once or twice in a year. Have started to see the local councils councils ramp up how much property tax these second homes would be billed though, as much as double in taxes.

Hmm, 2 others than property, know I've posted before but w/e -

1 - Overfocus on London and the South East of England, economically. Near everything in the country is in London, we've not really spread everything out across the country.
    2 - Over the top media going OTT on everything. See, Daily Mail and Daily Express. Some is OK, but others just reactionary.

As a joke, I feel I need to say rubbish food and rubbish weather.

If we're going at the moment, high electric costs and politicians that seem to think the rules do not apply to them, and seem to have spent the pandemic spending taxpayer funds on handing out covid contracts to there friends. All could have been foreseen. Had people actually bothered took at our prime ministers behaviour during his time as London Mayor, and how much money he spent then on his stupid little vanity projects.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    For Canada, the overfocus is on Toronto. They're jokingly called Centre of the Universe here because of the media and government focus on them - the west (where I am) is just an afterthought.

We have bad weather too. Either freezing cold, hotter than blazes, or constant drizzly skies.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    3 sentences:

One: stolen elections
    Two: antifa thugs
    Three: critical race theory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.